Start by marking “Deadpool Corps - Volume 1: Pool-Pocalypse Now” as Want to Read:
Deadpool Corps - Volume 1: Pool-Pocalypse Now

Deadpool Corps - Volume 1: Pool-Pocalypse Now (Deadpool Corps #1)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  254 ratings  ·  20 reviews
The Deadpool Corps embark on the universe spanning mission that only they can accomplish. Tapped by the Elders of the Universe to gather a crack team of his alternative universe selves for what amounts to an intergalactic suicide mission, Deadpool just can't say no. Enter: Headpool, Kidpool, Dogpool and Lady Deadpool - and it's off to the rescue, right? Not so fast. Turns ...more
Published April 27th 2011 by Marvel (first published October 27th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Deadpool Corps - Volume 1, please sign up.

Evan please post how to read the books because it wont let me read them.HELP?

Aaron
I am frankly amazed that I enjoyed this. I've read a ton of Deadpool lately, and almost without fail it has been terrible. But, as I noted in my review of the Deadpool Corps Prelude, Victor Gischler has managed to create a really interesting, funny team out of these multiverse Deadpools, each with their own distinct, if still Deadpudlian (nice), personalities.

Now, is this book gonna win the famous Pulitzer Prize for Comic Books? No. It's nothing particularly new, plotwise, and in fact just kind
Kathryn
I wish I could give it higher, to be honest.

Whilst it's not terrible, it's far from great. The writing is alright, and the humour is there, but it's never as funny as the 'normal' Deadpool series. I don't think I laughed beyond a snort. Prelude was, bar the final issue, a better run than this was.

My major problem with Deadpool Corps is the art style. It's almost offensive to the eyes. The characters are ridiculously disproportionate, and they may look OK in one panel, but very strange in the ne
V.
Quickly reminded why I love Deadpool so damn much. Though he has a bit of a run for his money now, with Lady Deadpool. Oh hell, I love ALL his incarnations! Loved this comic like mad crazy (pun intended). Can't wait to read more. *squee!*
Dima Yakovenko
Deadpool Corps, Volume 1 & Volume 2

К превеликому сожалению, "Deadpool Corps" оказался не таким шикарным как "Deadpool: Merc With a Mount", продолжением которого он и является. С другой стороны, это все-таки хороший комикс, да и если его сравнить с "Deadpool Corps Prelude", то он просто великолепный. Это история Корпуса Дэдпула, который был собран для того, что спасти вселенную от ужасной угрозы. Приготовитесь к тому, что это произведение будет больше напоминать не обычные комиксы про суперге
B
Jan 04, 2014 B rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: borrowed
There are a couple of good yuks here.

But a lot of it feels repetitious. Also one of Deadpool's asides captures an obvious flaw in the book: There are actually too many Deadpools. And they're not well differentiated, except for the mildly sexist subplot about Lady Deadpool wanting people to think that she is beautiful. (It used to be that "regular Deadpool" also had a thing about his appearance, but that seems to have passed quietly into the night.)

Also Deadpool is once again more powerful than h
Eli Poteet
Best marvel title I've read in a long ass time. I appreciated the Star Wars references which seemed absolutely appropriate as the story took place in space. The humor was continuously spot on and endlessly enjoyable.
Michael
One word describes how bad the art was in this book: ...Leifeld.....

The writing wasn't as good as the other Deadpool series. I laughed at times, chuckled at others. Basically I read it as a space opera spoof. No biggie. But the art... oh dear God.... How do you get past that? Even the fill-in artist on issue 6 was bad (partially because I think he was working off of Leifeld's unfinished page layouts).

Honestly I'm glad I only bought it for $5 at a clearance sale, because this book was barely wor
K
Dec 10, 2011 K rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one (read DP Corps prequel, it's so much better)
The art. The "art". THE ART. It really ruins this book. I could not get through the whole run of Deadpool Corps because my eyes wanted to go on strike. Which is a shame because I really loved the idea of it. The plot and writing were decent enough but the art. I just couldn't do it to myself, sorry. I love myself too much for that.
zxvasdf
When Gischler made the transition from novels to comics, I was skeptical. I laughed through this book, so this means I'm a believer. I've said it, and I'll say it again. I respect the writer who can keep up the craziness in a Deadpool book.

Sonic
Not as funny as some other recent DEADPOOL books,
but this one was chock full of dumb (college) humor none-the-less.

All the jokes about Hot-Pockets did crack me up!
Daniel Butcher
The story is pretty blah.

The bad "Blue Meanie" aliens are yellow?

But, there are tons of Sci-Fi movie refrences and who can resist a taco loving anti-hero?
Edmund Davis-Quinn
Good fun. I love the sarcastic humor of Deadpool, and the just bizarre storylines like this one with "the Awareness."

Very clever writing.
Danny
My first foray into Deadpool. The way they took the Alien scooter and then ran leaving the blue guy on the planet cracked me up.
Matt
Really funny and fun stuff. Some of the gags had me literally cackling, and the use of the Champion is great.
Mckinlay
Deadpool has already become one of my favorites. So funny.
Brian
Favorite kind of deadpool story. Made me happy.
Non
Deadpool is crazy. Deadpool in space is crazier.
Fatema Meamari
Only issues 1 and 2.
Patrick O'Loughlin
Patrick O'Loughlin marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Casey
Casey marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Rocio
Rocio marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
  • Deadpool: Evil Deadpool (Deadpool, #10)
  • Cable and Deadpool, Vol. 8: Deadpool vs. the Marvel Universe
  • Deadpool Classic, Vol. 3
  • Deadpool Team-Up, Vol. 1: Good Buddies
  • Deadpool: Wade Wilson's War
  • Deadpool Pulp
  • Deadpool Team-Up, Vol. 3: BFFs
  • Dark Reign: Deadpool/Thunderbolts
  • Deadpool, Vol. 3: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Rob Liefeld is an American comic book writer, illustrator, and publisher. A prominent artist in the 1990s, he has since become a controversial figure in the medium.

In the early 1990s, self-taught artist Liefeld became prominent due to his work on Marvel Comics' The New Mutants and later X-Force. In 1992, he and several other popular Marvel illustrators left the company to found Image Comics, which
More about Rob Liefeld...

Deadpool Corps (2 books)
  • DeadPool Corps (Deadpool Corps, #2)
Hawk and Dove, Vol. 1: First Strikes Deathstroke, Vol. 2: Lobo Hunt The Savage Hawkman, Vol. 2: Wanted Grifter, Vol. 2: New Found Power Heroes Reborn: Avengers