Sentimental Journey

Sentimental Journey

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  154 ratings  ·  14 reviews
U.S. Army officer J.R. Cassidy is man known for his stealth, until he finds himself on the run in the deserts of North Africa with Kitty Kincaid, the daughter of a U.S. scientist he has vowed to protect, but who is destined to be used by anyone who wants to control her father.
Barnstormer Charlotte Morrison follows her passion to the skies over England, where she and other...more
Published (first published July 30th 2001)

Teresa Medeiros
Jill Barnett has done a marvelous job on her first mainstream novel. SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY is a lovely and lyrical journey to the past peopled with characters who are as genuine and relevant as our own friends and family. She uses a deft hand and fast pacing to intertwine the five stories of the main characters as their lives approach a collision course. To be honest, WWII fiction is a tough sell for me, but I couldn't turn the pages of this book fast enough. The writing itself is exquisite and sh...more
Nina
I really enjoyed this, it’s romance during a war so there are expected sad parts but I especially loved how she worked out the ending.
Sheila Roberts
This is a wonderful sweeping historical, beautifully written and engaging.
Dawn
I really, really adored this book! It was set in one of my favorite time periods, the era when women were gaining more freedom yet the romance and chivalry were still alive. The characters were real and relatable. I became a part of their lives while reading and thoroughly enjoyed the journey. This is tender, funny and sometimes heart-breaking story that will sweep you off your feet.
Toledo (T.J.)
This gave us some interesting information about the early days of airplanes in warfare, and especially what women did to help the war effort. It had a sweet storyline that held my attention.
Linda
The WWII setting and stories were great, nice love stories although not enough character development for me. All tied up at the end.
Lee Ann
Good book with believable characters with real-life flaws. I liked the WWII setting too. What a time that was.
Ruth
Great book JB is a wonderful story teller. This is not set in my favorite time period but I still loved this book.
Emily
It's quite a good book, although it tends to jump from one perspective to another.
Melissa
Very enjoyable, love the WWII time period.
AH
Kindle free download 12/7/12.
Peggy Zehring
I liked the story.
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Yara Ali
Yara Ali marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Tara Chevrestt
Tara Chevrestt marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Mindy
Mindy marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Kati
Kati marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Tjm
Tjm marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Yvonne Baur
Yvonne Baur marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Sandy
Sandy marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
maggieandteddy
maggieandteddy marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
  • Flame of Resistance
  • The Macgregor's Daughter
  • Sophie and the Rising Sun
  • Midnight Lover
  • Far Horizons (The Emigrants Trilogy, #1)
  • To Love a Scoundrel (Law and Disorder, #4)
  • Roselynde (The Roselynde Chronicles, #1)
  • Fireblossom
  • Dark Warrior: To Tame a Wild Hawk (Dark Cloth, #1)
  • The Last Honest Seamstress
  • Prisoner of Desire
  • The Confession  (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Mystery, #5)
  • California Caress
  • Freedom Bridge: A Cold War Thriller
  • Duke of Deception
  • One Snowy Knight (The Dragons of Challon #3)
  • Texas Lily
  • The Devil's Fire (Devil's Fire, #1)
FACEBOOK Jill Barnett Books
Jill Barnett was born and raised in Southern California, in the kind of idyllic coastal town the Beach Boys made famous. But as a young girl she spent plenty of summers on her grandparents’ farm in Texas.

A gap in jobs in her mid-thirties sent Jill back to college and working toward her Masters degree. “I intended to finish school and teach, perhaps write college textboo...more
More about Jill Barnett...
Bewitching Wicked (Medieval Trilogy, #3) Wonderful (Medieval Trilogy, #1) Dreaming Wild (Medieval Trilogy, #2)