Start by marking “Steppin' Into the Good Life” as Want to Read:
Steppin' Into the Good Life

Steppin' Into the Good Life

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  230 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Shelia Rushmore thought she'd be the last woman standing when it was time to fight for her man. Instead Ace, her boyfriend of two years, chose to reunite with his ex-wife, leaving Shelia emotionally devastated. It's a year later when Shelia is convinced that sneaking into their wedding ceremony will put some closure on the gaping hole in her heart. But it's on the back pew ...more
Published February 1st 2011 by Lift Every Voice (first published January 27th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Steppin' Into the Good Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Steppin' Into the Good Life

Jolene
Apr 23, 2011 Jolene rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Christian women.
Sheila Rushmore just wants to live the good life. When her “six-foot, six-pack, six-figure man” dumps her for his ex-wife, Sheila is devastated. Clearly, he is not coming back and Sheila makes one last ditch effort to find closure for that part of her life. Her efforts are disastrous on the surface, but in the midst of the humiliation, Sheila finds God and her life slowly begins to change. However, things get worse before they get better. While learning about a God that satisfies her far more th ...more
Kim

This was a really good inspirational book. The title is certainly deceiving because Sheila did step into the good life, but it was a good spiritual life. I didn't read the first book, so I don't know the whole story behind Ace and Sheila, but didn't feel lost reading this book, so I don't think the first book is a prerequisite. Sheila did start off like a stalker sneaking into Ace's wedding, but it's the point that she felt the calling, I will say that Sheila had a lot of luck on her si
Hope
Good Christian fiction read. I enjoyed this book. Tia McCollors incorporated comedic moments and spiritual affirmations and assurances into an overall good storyline. Sheila Rushmore is unemployed, living with her bestie and alone, having recently lost her man who decided to remarry his first wife. Just when Sheila thinks that things can't get any worse, things take a positive turn whenever she has a spiritual encounter in the most unlikeliest of places.

I didn't realize that it's a sequel to The
Edythe Hamilton
Sheila Rushmore dated Scott Bowers, better known as ‘Ace’, for three years. Today she is sitting in the back of the church as Ace marries his ex-wife. What happened? She cannot believe it is not she who walked down the aisle with Ace.

Just before the happy turns to face the crowd, Sheila with her teary eyes jumps up to leave. Her friend Constance is waiting outside to pick her up. Sheila is dropped off and walks into the bookstore, Eden’s Gates, not far from the church. There she finds solace and
Monique
Sheila Rushmore is scrapping the bottom of the barrel. Her friend, Cassandra, has convinced her to crash her ex’s wedding, she only have $20 to her name, is living in a friends guestroom and recently lost her job. Sheila is a high maintenance woman that doesn’t have a man, money or future. That is until she opens her heart to God. As she rushed into a bookstore to cool off from Atlanta’s intense heat, she meets Eden and life takes a right turn.

Eden and Sherri were church members that quickly to
Joy
A book that starts with the heroine at her ex-boyfriend's wedding can only get better or severely disappoint. This did not disappoint, it just kept getting better with each page. Very realistic picture of the challenges of being a Christian single woman--she loves God and wants to do the right thing, but gets distracted by men and financial difficulties.

And it was free from Amazon, that was a great deal!

Grammar police alert! 1/3 through the book, page 110 of 330 to be exact, Sheila begins the an
Katrina Burchett
Sheila Rushmore is a thirty-four year old woman with expensive taste, but very little money. She has no job, no home and she thought she had a good man, but she is single once again. What will it take for her to finally step into the good life?

It’s been a good while since I’ve read ‘The Last Woman Standing’ by Tia McCollors, but I will never forget how much I enjoyed the story. I thought I’d like this book just as much because it is the sequel, but I didn’t find it as entertaining. I’m sorry I f
Carla Bruns
Sheila Rushmore is a normal woman, she's been dumped, is broke, and has come to that point in her life where she needs to make some big girl decisions. The biggest and best decision she makes is letting God into her life.

While the book was well written and quite honestly very true to life. It felt unfinished to me, definitely leaving itself open for a sequel -- or two. There were bits and pieces of different characters that I could relate to but now one that I felt particularly connected with.

I
Lady Krystal
I liked it. I always try to read sequels to the books that I've already read. This sequel didn't disappoint. It was nice to see the transformation that took place in Sheila's life after giving her life to Christ. As in real life, she still had some things to work on even after she got saved. I like the fact that one of the characters in the story said that coming to Christ doesn't mean that you won't have anymore problems, it just makes the whole process worth going through. I can attest to that ...more
Victorious Cafe
Steppin’ Into the Good Life is the sequel to The Last Woman Standing. I was head over heels for the The Last Woman Standing. Steppin’ Into the Good Life was an okay read. Sheila STILL has one item on her agenda: having a man. There was very little change with her character. Sheila’s trials were a little too easy and someone always rescued her very easily.

I love that Sheila had women of faith in her circle and I hope it eventually rubs off on her. No one is perfect. I know that. But, I saw no rea
Makeba
This wasn't Tia McCollors best work. I found myself skimming through the book which I almost never do. I would of been really upset if this wasn't a free download. I enjoyed "The last Woman Standing" and this book was the sequel to that.I found it to be slow and really didn't make sense. Sheila the main character became a Christian but as you read further there's no growth shown. Usually in christian fiction the character grows and the storyline improves.
Carla
This book really made me think about the choices we make in our lives. Shelia was so sure that she had everything she wanted but she did not know what GOD wanted for her. When she started to walk in her faith so many doors opened up for her. I read every word of this book. I would caution you to read the first book if you want the whole background on Shelia.
Diana
I wanted to love this book, I really did. But the trend in AA fiction is always a woman feeling like she needs a man. I enjoyed reading about her journey although at times I found her quite hypocritical at times but that is neither here nor there. It was a good book and I enjoyed it, I just wish so much of the book wasn't about another Black woman who needs a man.
Kristy
This book started out really well and interesting...but it just slacked off as it went, at least to me. The point of the book was really great - finding who you are by faith in God, not trusting a man to satisfy you - but some parts of the novel were a bit long-winded. And I can't say I always liked the main character, Sheila, either.
Bree
This was such an interesting book. Shelia's story was awesome. I'm glad she finally let God into her life. Once she found God he directed her path. She did finally step into the good life. Eden was like her guarding angel and she looked out for her. Maybe things will work out for her and Lee afterall. I give this book a two thumbs up!
Judy
This free download to my Kindle was a Christian book that had a good story, with a heroine who wanted, and tried, to be good. She had some good people along the way who helped her be the person she aspired to. In fact, some of those peripheral people inspired me to be a better person (I will continue trying).

Cynthia
A perfect book for a Christian women's book clubs. This is a story of a woman's journey to embrace her faith and change her past ways after the man she loved and schemed to hold returns to his wife. It has humor, humility and a realness that you can feel.
BW Diva

I enjoyed the story of Shelia, she finally loved God more than Man, I liked how shelia found new friends Tia did a good job with this story it had its funny moments but it also had a good story line!!
Pamela Bell English
I enjoyed this sequel to The Last Woman Standing. This book was a good read to a woman's journey of self-discovery and self-worth. A great cast of characters and adventures.
Lyn
I have missed Tia and her story telling along with a real life message. Blessed to have read this. I needed it in more ways than one. Excellent.
Danielle Jackson
I like that Ace was able to see the new sheila. Disappointed at Lynette she could have reacted and not have felt threaten.
Anino
This book could have been better. Characters need more development, and the writing needs to improve.
Lady
I was pleasantly pleased while reading. I wish the ending was different, though.
Yolanda Gore
Dec 21, 2010 Yolanda Gore rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
All I can say is FAITH!!!! Tia truly hit a home run with this novel.
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
  • Reinventing Leona
  • Delivery
  • Edge of Grace
  • Redemption
  • Hurricanes in Paradise
  • The Heart of Memory
  • The Glory of Green (Green #3)
  • It Happens Every Spring
  • A Promise Of Forever Love (Second Chance At Love #2)
  • Clear Blue Sky
  • A Kiss of Adventure (Treasures of the Heart #1)
  • Boaz Brown
  • The Triumph of Grace (Grace in Africa, #3)
  • The Prayers of Agnes Sparrow (Bright's Pond #1)
  • The Deal, the Dance, and the Devil
  • Sweet Baklava
  • Lie Down in Green Pastures (The Psalm 23 Mysteries, #3)
  • The Oak Leaves (The Oak Leaves #1)
Tia McCollors used to dream of being a television news anchor, but her destiny led her behind the pages instead of in front of the cameras. After earning a degree in Journalism and Mass Communications from UNC-Chapel Hill, she went on to build a successful career in the public relations industry. In 1999, a job layoff prompted Tia to discover and pursue a writing career as an author. Following the ...more
More about Tia McCollors...
The Last Woman Standing A Heart of Devotion Zora's Cry The Truth About Love Friday Night Love (Days Of Grace)