Start by marking “Party Summer” as Want to Read:
Party Summer

Party Summer (Fear Street Super Chiller #1)

3.59  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,664 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
Cari Taylor and her three friends are looking forward to a “party summer,” working at The Howling Wolf Inn, an old hotel on a tiny island off Cape Cod. But to their dismay, the hotel is completely deserted, and someone warns them to leave immediately.

But the mysterious owner, Simon Fear III, allows Cari and her friends to stay, giving them the run of the hotel. The four te
Published June 30th 2008 by Simon Pulse (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Party Summer, please sign up.

Melissa
Jul 09, 2007 Melissa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-adult
I think it's awesome that I remember R.L. Stine books by covers instead of actual plot.
Elizabeth
Nov 06, 2008 Elizabeth rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
in a fit of nostalgia i bought a lot of about 30 of these books. great cheesy reading!
Shannon
Wow. The first thing I have to say is 'WHAT THE F***?'!! This book had one of the strangest endings I have read in a Fear Street novel. The first half of the book was a bit spooky, but I wasn't scared. And then I got to the second half and I was like 'holy crap!!'. I'll admit, it got freakier towards the end and I got a bit creeped out.

I must give R.L. Stine props once more. I wasn't expecting the end at all! (view spoiler)
Mario Rocchetta
Jun 23, 2014 Mario Rocchetta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This summer, a friend and I have decided that we would read a large batch of R.L. Stine FEAR STREET novels as part of our book club. On a recommendation by Stine, himself, we started with "Party Summer." The novel certainly didn't disappoint. It has all of the classic elements of any R.L. Stine novel and is perfect for Young Adult readers or grownups like me who appreciate relatively simple (yet still spooky!) reads. "Party Summer" revolves around four teens who end up trapped in a deserted hote ...more
Mikala Linstrum
Fear Street: Party Summer is about four kids who are going to a motel on a private island with their Aunt Rose. On the way Aunt Rose gets sick and decides for the kids to go on their own. When they arrive they find out that Simon Fear (the owner of the Hotel) is redoing the place so he sent Rose a letter, but she didn’t get the letter. The kids volunteered to help fix the place up. After that many mysteries come up and it’s up to the four kids to find them out.
When the kids uncover the wall of
Paul Kim
Jun 16, 2015 Paul Kim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: r-l-stine
Suspenseful and entertaining but the plot's average and nothing new. Also the first part is really bland as nothing much happened.

The characters are mostly bland but not too annoying so it's fine.

The twists are also good as well!

Overall, this could appeal for those into cheesy horror as it does have share of entertainment but they should know that this book's really tame without gore or sex so it can appeal to both adults and kids who are at least ten years old. The book gets its rated because
Trevor Wells
Oct 12, 2014 Trevor Wells rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fear-street
I finished this book last night and it was a great book from R.L. Stine. It was very exciting and compelling with twists and turns coming in during the second half that made it almost impossible to guess what would happen next. Just like the last book I read, Danger At The Fair, the book got so thrilling towards the end I wanted to keep on reading. It was really good!

The basic premise is about four teenagers who go to an island to work at a hotel. But when they arrive, they find that the hotel i
Donna
Why would something be put in the back blurb when it wasn't in the book at all? There's an element in the blurb above that just doesn't exist in the story. That's like the non-sequential events on the back of Christopher Pike's Immortal. Very weird. And talk about misleading. It didn't detract from the story any but I can't help but wonder why.

Pike and Stine have very similar writing styles although I think Stine is a little more kiddish, even in his YA books. It doesn't hurt the story but I thi
Kay Marie
Sep 20, 2015 Kay Marie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I must have reread this not too long ago because I did remember random plot points that there's no way I remembered from middle school. someone else on here pointed out that there was part of the description on the book cover that never happened and I kind of find that to be awesome/hilarious! my favorite part was when they were trying to escape and kept lugging their luggage with them. literally running with a suitcase. these books are so good for some kicks
Cypress Ruby
Jul 26, 2016 Cypress Ruby rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
Cari, Eric, Craig, dan Jan awalnya hendak menikmati libur musim panas mereka di sebuah pulau dengan bekerja sambilan di hotelnya. Namun, rencana mereka harus berubah ketika hotel tua tersebut ternyata tutup untuk renovasi. Simon, sang pemilik, akhirnya mengijinkan mereka tinggal dan mereka memiliki ide untuk membantu renovasi agar rencana liburan mereka tetap terlaksana. Ide tersebut tidak disetujui Martin, sang pelayan. Mereka menyuruh mereka pulang dan memperingatkan bahwa tempat itu berbahaya ...more
C.
yyyasmin
Took me almost a week to finish this. The beginning was slow and it took too long to build up the mystery, which was just meh. The twist was rather ridiculous too. And I didn't care about the main character Cari.. The heroines in the other Fear Street books all have distinct voices, except for her.
Jan
I have to say I really enjoyed this book. It was a lunch book and sometimes I found it hard to put down. I think tweens and teens would enjoy this creepy summer vacation story. It will keep them on the edge of their seats.
Priscilla Sage
I own it but it's missing do to my resent move.
Jj
Nov 18, 2015 Jj rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun, I would have liked this as a tween.
Tiffy Boom
Sep 24, 2014 Tiffy Boom rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one had a lot of twists and turns so I liked it
Drucilla
I have to admit that this entry in the Fear Street series, comes up short. It's actually pretty tame compared to the others and the plot seems very generic. I know that could be argued about a lot of these books, but this book just has some random kids getting mixed up in some random stuff. They have no real connection to it. The book does manage to save a little bit of face with the inclusion of the Fear family so while it's not the best Fear Street book, it's definitely not the worse.
Gnetch
Jan 28, 2014 Gnetch rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
Meh. I've read this many times and there were no faucets/walls dripping blood.
Hannah M
May 13, 2011 Hannah M rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. It was creepy and surprising! I liked the ending because it was so shocking and weird. Anybody that likes creepy mysterious books should definitely read this. Cari and her friends thought they were going there for vacation and to have a good time, but they don’t know what they are in for. Read this book!
Jason
Apr 06, 2014 Jason rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
The first "Super Chiller" in the Fear Street series although no one actually dies in the story. It's not my favorite but it's a solid entry in the series. I've read this about 3 times now but I remember how cool the twist ending was the first go around.
Noelle Walsh
Jan 19, 2014 Noelle Walsh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
R.L. Stine sure knows how to scare the pants off of tweens and teens. When I read this the first time, I remember having trouble sleeping that night, I was so creeped out. I would definitely recommend this book to young horror buffs.
The Reading Puppet
Most of the book was great, then I was disappointed by the ending, because I guessed it. And it has a few plot holes. I was going to give it a 4 stars but, I just couldn't with the lame ending ...more
Melissa
May 08, 2012 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. It was very easy to get through and no boring parts, just got straight to the point. But I didn't like how the chapters sometimes gave what was happening away easily.
Sofia
Sep 05, 2013 Sofia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was one of my favourites from this saga! It has misteries and adventure. It's all about an almost desert island that hide a lots of misteries. Great book!
Alex
This Fear Street book isn't the best. The twist at the end was cool, but overall this one was a lot more boring then I remembered.
Indah Threez Lestari
660th - 2011

Akhirnya habis juga buku-buku Fear Street hasil ngembat dari mantan ibu kost. Yak, balik lagi ke Lincoln Rhyme...
Jaime
Apr 13, 2012 Jaime rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was a huge R.L. Stine fan in my early teens! I loved all the fear street books! They are what got me into reading again! :)
Danielle v
May 24, 2010 Danielle v rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book will keep you on your toes It's a super chiller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lina
Jan 15, 2011 Lina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved these in middle school, but now it doesn't seem to be thought provoking enough.
  • Final Exam
  • The Lost Mind
  • The Mall
  • Funhouse (Point Horror, #9)
  • My Secret Admirer (Point Horror, #4)
  • The Waitress

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Fear Street Super Chiller (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Silent Night (Fear Street Super Chiller, #2)
  • Goodnight Kiss (Fear Street Superchiller, # 3)
  • Broken Hearts (Fear Street Super Chiller, #4)
  • Silent Night 2 (Fear Street Superchiller, # 5)
  • The Dead Lifeguard (Fear Street Super Chiller, #6)
  • The New Evil (Fear Street Superchiller, #7 ; Fear Street Cheerleaders, #4)
  • Bad Moonlight (Fear Street Super Chiller, #8)
  • The New Year's Party (Fear Street Super Chiller, #9)
  • Goodnight Kiss 2 (Fear Street Superchiller, # 10)
  • Silent Night 3 (Fear Street Superchiller, #11)