Party Summer

Party Summer (Fear Street Superchiller #1)

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  1,304 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Cari Taylor and her three friends are looking forward to a “party summer,” working at The Howling Wolf Inn, an old hotel on a tiny island off Cape Cod. But to their dismay, the hotel is completely deserted, and someone warns them to leave immediately.

But the mysterious owner, Simon Fear III, allows Cari and her friends to stay, giving them the run of th...more
Published June 30th 2008 by Simon Pulse (first published May 1st 1991)

Melissa
I think it's awesome that I remember R.L. Stine books by covers instead of actual plot.
Elizabeth
in a fit of nostalgia i bought a lot of about 30 of these books. great cheesy reading!
Mario Rocchetta
This summer, a friend and I have decided that we would read a large batch of R.L. Stine FEAR STREET novels as part of our book club. On a recommendation by Stine, himself, we started with "Party Summer." The novel certainly didn't disappoint. It has all of the classic elements of any R.L. Stine novel and is perfect for Young Adult readers or grownups like me who appreciate relatively simple (yet still spooky!) reads. "Party Summer" revolves around four teens who end up trapped in a deserted hote...more
Donna
Why would something be put in the back blurb when it wasn't in the book at all? There's an element in the blurb above that just doesn't exist in the story. That's like the non-sequential events on the back of Christopher Pike's Immortal. Very weird. And talk about misleading. It didn't detract from the story any but I can't help but wonder why.

Pike and Stine have very similar writing styles although I think Stine is a little more kiddish, even in his YA books. It doesn't hurt the story but I thi...more
Shannon
Wow. The first thing I have to say is 'WHAT THE F***?'!! This book had one of the strangest endings I have read in a Fear Street novel. The first half of the book was a bit spooky, but I wasn't scared. And then I got to the second half and I was like 'holy crap!!'. I'll admit, it got freakier towards the end and I got a bit creeped out.

I must give R.L. Stine props once more. I wasn't expecting the end at all! (view spoiler)...more
Drucilla
I have to admit that this entry in the Fear Street series, comes up short. It's actually pretty tame compared to the others and the plot seems very generic. I know that could be argued about a lot of these books, but this book just has some random kids getting mixed up in some random stuff. They have no real connection to it. The book does manage to save a little bit of face with the inclusion of the Fear family so while it's not the best Fear Street book, it's definitely not the worse.
Gnetch
Meh. I've read this many times and there were no faucets/walls dripping blood.
Hannah M
I really liked this book. It was creepy and surprising! I liked the ending because it was so shocking and weird. Anybody that likes creepy mysterious books should definitely read this. Cari and her friends thought they were going there for vacation and to have a good time, but they don’t know what they are in for. Read this book!
Jason
The first "Super Chiller" in the Fear Street series although no one actually dies in the story. It's not my favorite but it's a solid entry in the series. I've read this about 3 times now but I remember how cool the twist ending was the first go around.
Noelle Walsh
R.L. Stine sure knows how to scare the pants off of tweens and teens. When I read this the first time, I remember having trouble sleeping that night, I was so creeped out. I would definitely recommend this book to young horror buffs.
Melissa
I really liked this book. It was very easy to get through and no boring parts, just got straight to the point. But I didn't like how the chapters sometimes gave what was happening away easily.
Sofia
It was one of my favourites from this saga! It has misteries and adventure. It's all about an almost desert island that hide a lots of misteries. Great book!
Alex
This Fear Street book isn't the best. The twist at the end was cool, but overall this one was a lot more boring then I remembered.
Indah Threez Lestari
660th - 2011

Akhirnya habis juga buku-buku Fear Street hasil ngembat dari mantan ibu kost. Yak, balik lagi ke Lincoln Rhyme...
Jaime
I was a huge R.L. Stine fan in my early teens! I loved all the fear street books! They are what got me into reading again! :)
Danielle v
This book will keep you on your toes It's a super chiller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lina
I loved these in middle school, but now it doesn't seem to be thought provoking enough.
Ashley
My Favorite of all The fear street saga! I read this one multiple times!
Keniah
this book was so exciting and it all made sense in the end which i love
Brittany
More adventurous and thrilling then scary, though it was still good.

Marissa
Nice for a candle lit room with quiet music playing
Brenna
Such a classic that it's not even at my library.
Lyons
A little scary.Lots of twists and turns.
Michelle
A childhood favorite of mine.
Makie
amazing. yo can feel the thrill
Melissa Thrasher
Melissa Thrasher marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
  • The Lost Mind
  • Party Line
  • Funhouse (Point Horror, #9)
  • Trick or Treat (Point Horror, #6)
  • The Waitress
  • Prom Dress
  • The Perfume

R. L. Stine b...more
More about R.L. Stine...
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)