Start by marking “By Invitation Only: Exclusively Yours\Private Party\Secret Encounter” as Want to Read:
By Invitation Only: Exclusively Yours\Private Party\Secret Encounter

By Invitation Only: Exclusively Yours\Private Party\Secret Encounter

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  8 reviews

Texas Tycoon J. D. Maynard Jr. and famous actress Holly Addison are getting married on exotic Rapture Island. And you're invited!

Exclusively Yours by Lori Wilde

In order to scoop the wedding story, journalist Olivia Carmichael feigns an engagement with infuriating writer Nick Greer. But getting-under-his-skin turns into getting-under-the-sheets.

Private Party by Wendy Etheri

Published June 21st 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about By Invitation Only, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about By Invitation Only

Kate
Individually, I think each short story deserves a four-star rating; however, I think they are stronger as individual stories than three stories that go together. In fact, I wish each story had been developed into a separate book in order to allow the characters to get to know each other better before having to quickly admit their love only a few days after meeting.

Even though the three stories are supposed to take place at the same event, the continuity is a little off. And while the bride and g
Fictional Bookshelf
The three authors Lori Wilde, Wendy Etherington, and Jillian Burns did a wonderful job creating three unique stories that all fit around one element - a Hollywood starlet’s wedding.

Each story inside By Invitation Only was amazingly sweet and hot.

Lori Wilde’s Exclusively Yours was cute and funny. I loved how the main two characters, Olivia and Nick, bickered back and forth. When they weren’t at each other’s throats, they were quite romantic.

Wendy Etherington’s Private Party had two main characte
Netanella
So January will be Blaze-worthy, and I'll try to take out as many Blaze titles as I can. Second on the list this month is "By Invitation Only", a collection of three short stories of wedding crashers who find hot sex and sweet luv at an exclusive weekend resort. Like most anthologies, there were some real jems and some real doozies:

Exclusively Yours by Lori Wilde - 2 stars

For a headlining author, this story by Lori Wilde, of two journalists competing to get an exclusive at a super-secret celebri
Elizabeth
Stories were cute, but all would have been better as full length stories.
Donna
I actually liked the Wilde story the least in this anthology and she was the reason I bought the book. I really didn't like either Nick or Olivia and I found pretty much everything about this novella's plot implausible, especially the ending. This was a 1 1/2 star for me. The Etherington novella was a 3 and the Burns story was a 3 1/2. Both of them were about what I expected in short novella with Secret Encounter being a slight favorite of the two.
Marci Hopkins
It was a sweet collection of short stories of wedding crashers. Some manage to crash the wedding and one gets thrown out before the vows, but all find love.
Krystean
Loved the Jillian Burns short especially!
Loisa
Loisa added it
Apr 13, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Suzanne
Suzanne marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Allison Reed
Allison Reed marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Sarah Swernofsky
Sarah Swernofsky marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Cassie Polla
Cassie Polla marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Sophia
Sophia added it
Sep 07, 2014
Lori Wilde
Jul 29, 2014 Lori Wilde rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Sl
Sl added it
Jul 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Lori Wilde can’t remember a time when she didn’t want to write. She even went to nursing school so she could have a schedule flexible enough to allow her to write on the side. She nursed for 20 years, working in a variety of settings from the newborn nursery to the recovery room, to dialysis. But she never lost her desire to write.

She sold her first book in 1994 to Silhouette Romance but later dis
More about Lori Wilde...
The Cowboy Takes a Bride (Jubilee, Texas, #1) The First Love Cookie Club (Twilight, Texas, #3) The Sweethearts' Knitting Club (Twilight, Texas, #1) A Cowboy for Christmas (Jubilee, Texas, #3) The Cowboy and the Princess (Jubilee, Texas, #2)