Start by marking “Legacy of Blood (Diablo, #1)” as Want to Read:
Legacy of Blood (Diablo, #1)
Preview

Legacy of Blood (Diablo #1)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  1,409 ratings  ·  45 reviews
Since the beginning of time, the angelic hosts of the High Heavens and the demonic hordes of the Burning Hells have been locked in a struggle for the fate of all Creation. That struggle has now come to the mortal realm...and neither Man nor Demon nor Angel will be left unscathed...
Norrec Vizharan has become a living nightmare. While on a quest to find magical treasure, t
Published January 16th 2002 by World Wrestling Entertainment (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Legacy of Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legacy of Blood

Syaiful Bakhtiar
growing up with the game (from adolescent to mature) the story took me back in time and explained to me about the war of the old and how it was related to the events of the game. It feels "close to home" with the characters chiming words related to the games. Words such as "potions" , "mana", "deckard kain", "tristram" and speaking of tristram, I had a good feeling while reading the book and listening to the town's background music in diablo 1.
Crystal
Legacy of Blood proved to be an amazing array of action, adventure, romance, and horror all neatly rolled into one tightly packed adventure that makes Lord of the Rings look like child's play. I found it quite easy to fall in love with certain characters, and befriend others as the author easily takes us on a magical journey quite unlike any other I've ever read before.

Garunteed, you will be kept on the edge of your seat, and clamoring for more by the time you finish the last page...I've alread
Elli Jo
Jun 26, 2008 Elli Jo rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone with a good attention-span
Recommended to Elli Jo by: My brother, DMo
I cannot say I enjoyed this book as much as I enjoyed the synopsis. And be quite honest, I only went about 3/4 of the way through. My brother recommended it to me when I was desperate for something, anything, to read. I liked the storyline, loved the video game.... But the author continued to drag on the same small thought for a paragraph a piece. I felt like they were describing a black scarf in a hundred ways before we could move forward. Now, there really wasn't a black scarf, but I think you ...more
Citra CahyaNeartias
Norrec Vizharan was an irritating veteran mercenary who started his journey to search wealthy in some ancient place with his friend, Sadun and Fauztin. Although Norrec wasn’t good guy but I think he’s the character that decided the plot of the story. When Norrec and his friends found the ancient armor of warlord of the blood, Bartuc, Norrec killed Fauztin and Sadun because he thought Fauztin and Sadun wanted to take the armor. I think Norrec was very rude, how could Norrec kill his friends, his ...more
TL Jeffcoat
I love the games this story comes from and I have to say, I'm am a fan of Knaak. His writing grabs your attention, bringing his characters to life, not only through the personalities, but through the background, which he spreads throughout the story, so by the end, you think you've known about the character from precious books. Just like the setting of the story, this books embraces the darkness that surrounds the world of Sanctuary.
John Edwards
A good book and the only Diablo novel I've read at this point. I ofcourse played the games and loved the universe so I decided to pick this one up a few years ago. I did enjoy the book but I only loved certain parts, other parts didn't seem as interesting.. I particularly loved the happenings on the ship voyage somewhere in the middle.

I overall liked Knaak's writing. I'll most likely seek out more of his stuff in the future.
Dylan
This book is a must read for any of you who played the PC hit Diablo. I thought it was a good book and took me right to the town of Lut Gholein and described it well. Norrec is a great hero and reading about his misfortunes is very amuzing, although it ends well. There are also two more books in the series, but only this one and the third book being written by Richard A. Knaak.
Medros
I really enjoyed this book. There were some fairly predictable plot conclusions, but the adventure along the way was very exciting. I saw several key resolutions coming and wished dearly that the characters would see what I found so obvious, though they did not have the level of knowledge that the reader does to know the truth.
Delgee
I liked this book a lot but I don't know if people with no experience with Diablo (either by playing or reading) will enjoy it as much as I did.
Richard A.Knaak's writing style is very nice to read and this book was no exception.
Then ending is good although there are some vague points left uncertain.
Goodread.
Joel Belgrove
I thought it was a pretty good book considering it was fashioned after a video game. I found the Sin Wars series a little better than this book in my opinion though. If anyone is into angels and demons battling over humans then they should definitely give this book, as well as the video game, a look.
Austin
Had to scratch this nerd itch, finishing a book I started about a decade ago when the first chapter would be all it might take to completely disintegrate my attention. I remembered how exciting "Legacy of Blood" seemed to be getting and how I had always regretted not continuing on with it. I gave this 3 stars at first, because from a writing-style perspective it's really nothing special. However, from an imaginative stand point, I actually find this to be quite an exceptional read. I was shocked ...more
Fahd
Whether you're into fantasy or not, you must read this book. This is what got me into the fantasy genre in the first place. Amazingly well-written. An enthralling read. Beware: You will not be able to put this one down until you're done. Trust me!
Szabina Tekeres
Ah finally, I shouldn't be so lazy to read in english. I finished after 3 months. Btw the novel is awesome. I like the character of Kara and Norrec. Will start The Black Road sooooon :)
Nisha
Oct 09, 2007 Nisha rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Diablo players
All in all I think the Diablo-based books came out better than any other Blizzard book. This one was an enjoyable read, though again, only for people familiar with the game.
Leo Sušanj
Very interesting book. Altough I didnt play all of the game series, it was really enyoining andneasy to read. There are some boring parts but it can be overlooked.
Mellisa
This book was actually very good. I think it would have been a lot better if I weren't reading it piece by piece on the bus. Cant wait to read the next!
Kereesa
Read this forever ago. A good Knaak novel by all accounts, though the romance was lackluster as always. Probably should play the game sometime...
Georgios
a little bit tiring in the beginning, but came around quick with lots of unexpected twists in the plot... A good read!
Graviton
Diablo serisi cok heyacanli ve cok akici bir kitap. Fantastik aksiyon kitaplari arasinda cok iyi bir yere sahip.
Stiliyan
Почти успешен опит да се влезе в света на Diablo. Не е лоша, ни нищо запомнящо се, особено за върлите Diablo фенове.
Kimball
A real good fiction book that Lincoln gave me based on one of my favorite computer games. Plablo.
Владимир Ленин
only aboot 15 pages that were boring and then after that it just grabs you by the balls.
Paulo "paper books always" Carvalho
Marcos Bolaños
Un libro ni bueno ni malo, sino que muy olvidable. A pesar de llevar el nombre de un juego de blizzard, no estoy seguro si la historia tenga algo que ver, aunque al parecer, es algo así como un prólogo a la historia del juego.

El libro a pesar de querer ser interesante y poner partes de suspenso, no logra atraparte, no logra lo que muchos otros libros si logran al dejarte la sensación de que quieres saber que va a pasar a continuación, en este libro, en cambio, cada vez que interrumpes la lectura
Kitty Milagros
Legacy of Blood is a great read for Diablo fans especially since it happens a little bit before and during Diblo II comp.game. Legacy pretty much introduces the different point of views of characters looking for a demonic possessed armor, which is owned by Warlord of Blood, Burtac. There's bloodshed, adventure, undead zombies, magic and battles; everything you would find in a dark fantasy- based novel lol overall Legacy's most important focus is just how powerful an item (and dangerous) can be i ...more
Michal Huniewicz
Definitely better and more mature than part #0 by Robert B. Marks in that it is less predictable, better written, and somewhat closer to the game series. It features Lut Gholein, so if you played Diablo 2, you will recognise some characters and places from Act II. Nevertheless, I would not recommend this to anyone who isn't a fan of Diablo and therefore has no nostalgia to help to get him or her through this book - it's just not good enough.
Tyler Murphy
Honestly one of my favorite fiction books thus far. I would say it has some major parts where it just seems pointless and boring. After getting further into it however it all started making sense and got my attention quickly. This was a book I had to read again to understand it though. (Even though I re-read books a lot to make sure I understood them) I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is into the game or reads fiction stories with a Heaven vs Hell type of approach to it. I would al ...more
Lana
This had such potential! I loved playing Diablo II and the world would be such a great world in which to set a quality book. The parts I enjoyed were the parts referencing the game settings and details. But, overall, they storyline was bad and hard to follow. The characters were impossible to follow and not described enough to really get to know them. It was very disappointing because I really did think this had potential.
Noah
For those of you who haven't played the Diablo games, worry not -- you might enjoy the first installation of the Diablo books.

Though the book isn't a "great" read, it's entertaining enough to keep you going from start to finish, especially if you've played the games and know the universe.

All in all, this book was definitely better than I expected and is worth the casual read for Fantasy fans.
  • The Black Road (Diablo #2)
  • Diablo: Demonsbane (Diablo, #0)
  • Diablo III: The Order (Diablo, #8)
  • Lord of the Clans (WarCraft, #2)
  • Liberty's Crusade (StarCraft, #1)
  • Shadow of the Xel'Naga (Starcraft, #2)
  • Speed of Darkness (StarCraft, #3)
  • Queen of Blades (Starcraft)
  • Of Blood and Honor (WarCraft, #4)
  • Nova (StarCraft: Ghost, #1)
  • Starcraft: I, Mengsk
  • Fable: Blood Ties
  • Knee-Deep in the Dead (Doom #1)
  • World of Warcraft, Vol. 1
Richard A. Knaak is the bestselling author of Dragonlance novels, Dragonrealm (his own creation), six novels for Blizzard Entertainment's Diablo series, and six works in the Warcraft universe. He has also written five non-series fantasy books.

More about Richard A. Knaak...

Diablo (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Diablo: Demonsbane (Diablo, #0)
  • The Black Road (Diablo #2)
  • The Kingdom of Shadow (Diablo, #3)
  • Moon of the Spider (Diablo, #4)
  • Birthright (Diablo: The Sin War, #1)
  • Scales of the Serpent (Diablo: The Sin War, #2)
  • The Veiled Prophet (Diablo: The Sin War, #3)
  • Diablo III: Book of Cain
  • Diablo III: The Order (Diablo, #8)
  • Diablo III: Heroes Rise, Darkness Falls
The Legend of Huma (Dragonlance: Heroes, #1) Kaz the Minotaur (Dragonlance: Heroes, #4; Heroes II, #1) The Well of Eternity (WarCraft: War of the Ancients, #1) Day of the Dragon (WarCraft, #1) The Sundering (WarCraft: War of the Ancients, #3)