20 Years Younger: Look Younger, Feel Younger, Be Younger!

20 Years Younger: Look Younger, Feel Younger, Be Younger!

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  155 ratings  ·  31 reviews
It's time to turn back the clock! In 20 YEARS YOUNGER, Bob Greene offers readers a practical, science-based plan for looking and feeling their best as they age. The cutting-edge program details easy and effective steps we can all take to rebuild the foundation of youth and enjoy better health, improved energy, and a positive outlook on life. The four cornerstones of the pr...more
Published April 26th 2011 by Little, Brown and Company (first published April 13th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about 20 Years Younger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 20 Years Younger

Mary (BookHounds)
I had a major birthday this year and hate to look in the mirror. I have noticed my skin sagging and just generally not looking as good as it once did along with sleep issues and that feeling of malaise. I have now tried some of the suggestions in this book for the last three week and I am amazed. Just be changing eating habits that really should be common sense to all and a few exercises that most people can do, you will be amazed that such little things can add up to a lot of change. There is a...more
Andrea James
An easy-to-follow book with nothing extraordinary (in a good way I suppose because it comes across sensible and doable) as opposed to fad-like.

The book did remind me that I did not have a good and consistent face/neck-cleansing routine and it, along with a bunch of other nutrition books I've read recently, has also prompted me to eat a more varied diet. Things that might be relatively calorific but actually have quite a lot of goodness like avocados, beans and nuts.

"Cooking meat, poultry and fis...more
Cathy
Glad I got this at the Dollar Tree - nothing new, and poorly executed. I would have enjoyed a two page magazine article with some of this information instead. The reason I gave it 2 stars instead of 1 is that tHe information given is current and accurate.
Here it is in a nutshell: exercise slows the aging process (50 pages), eating well helps you feel good and live longer (55 pages), taking care of your skin ultimately involves 4 things: exfoliating, cleansing, nourishing, and protecting (the be...more
Autumn Blues Reviews
A well balanced easily readable detailed focus on the most important and effective steps to health and longevity.

I found 20 Years Younger to contain the latest most user-friendly useful information I have read on health and longevity. All the information is easy to read and the exercise and nutrition guides are easy to follow. For me the most informative part of this book is the information on nutrition. Greene explains how poultry and fish is fine in ones diet as long as there is moderation, ho...more
Hannah Kartagener
Fight the effects of aging:
Exercise, Nutrition, Skin Care, Restorative Sleep, Stress Control, Positive Thinking.

"And yet lining a more engaged life can really pay off when it comes to longevity and vitality. If people are engaged in life, they're more likely to maintain their cognitive skills."

"The truth is, many people passively let physical and psychological decline invade their lives as they grow older. When you put in the time and energy to stay strong, healthy, and enthusiastic, it can tran...more
Connie Weiss
I found this book after seeing Bob Greene on Oprah with 20 ladies that had followed the plan for two months.

Everything in this book seems do-able Some of the recipes are unusual and will not be making an appearance on my table.

There is good information about aging and ways to slow the effects from appearing on your face.

Bottom line. The older you get the more important your food choices become and exercise is non-negotiable.

I'm looking forward to following the plan with my husband and seeing...more
Carol Harlow
This book is about everything that you've heard and learned with more, all wrapped up in a nice book. There is really some great advice here. I enjoyed reading this book. You're never too young or too old to start doing any of his tips or techniques. I’m find that it's particularly important, at this stage in my life, to pay attention to my exercise, eating, skin and sleep habits!
False Millennium
I suppose this book could be useful to someone who is clueless, but it's the usual advice. The big three: eat cautiously, exercise and take care of your skin on a daily basis: clean, polish, moisturize. The menus seemed too simplistic and boring. He gained his fame through Oprah now he has to market himself to stay viable...and....YOUNG!
Mary
Everything you've heard/learned and more, all wrapped up in a nice conversational package. Solid advice I actually enjoyed reading. You're never too young or too old to implement any of his tips or techniques, but I find that it's particularly important, at this stage in my life, to pay attention to my exercise, eating, skin and sleep habits!

An easy read - but nothing earth-shattering. Some of the recipes look interesting and I will definitely give them a try. I like the way he detailed the strength exercises. To achieve level III cardiovascular fitness you are supposed to exercise 400-minutes per week (just cardio). That might be tough for anyone to attain.
Sabkymom
A good reminder of what our bodies and minds need to function at optimal levels. Covers everything from diet, exercise, skin care, sleep, attitude and over all happiness. Everyone should read this once to understand how to take care of themselves and how to promote vitality throughout life.
Gloria
This book is divided into three basic health aspects, two of which are not usually touted that much: sleeping and skin care. The big method for staynig young as you might expect from Bob Greene is physical exercise. Generally helpful, mildly inspiring. Bob is his own best testimony.
Andd Becker
This is an upbeat book which presents a strong argument for changing bad health habits to good health habits. The author offers encouraging words for making changes. This is a book to read carefully and to take notes on -- if you are serious about improving health and appearance.
Tracy
Loved all of it, especially the sections on skin care and attitudes about aging. Also helped me to realize that I need to be more than a one-trick pony when it comes to exercise. This is a book to come back to over and over for refreshers and encouragement.
Linda
skimmed this one might revisit for more specific suggestions but it is basically the exercise (do a variety, not just one) eat well, plenty of sleep and clinch it with a hair dye (not sure if that was stated but it is obvious in his picture on the conver)
Tessa
Well rounded look at wellness... With a strong case for fitness. I like the way Green talks about age related illness and how fitness can make a difference. Good recipes. Easy to follow guidance on vitamins (love that my ariix covers me) and skin care.
A great follow up book to read after The Blue Zones and The China Study. This book adds skin care and sleep information and provides an action plan for exercise and a meal plan for following the Mediterranean and Okinawan/rural Chinese diet.
Hella Comat
NOthing new here about fighting the natural effects of aging - regular (daily) exercise, healthy diet with low calorie count, and the usual keep your brain active, take care of your skin, and get lots of sleep. It's a good reminder though!
Marita
Most of the time it is fun the listen to a book read by the authors. This book though would most likely be better as a written book, since it has many lists...
Enjoyed the first and last disks the best I think.
Patrice
I really liked this book. It combines a lot of the latest information and it's accessible.
I got it from the library but I'm considering buying it so I can go back and re-read it as needed.
Joyceliv
This is probably one of the better fitness/nutrition books I've read. But they are all really one and the same but if I had to recommend one I think this is a good one.
Carol
Greene has a nice emphasis on the importance of regular exercise - and lots of it. I've started to work towards a cardio goal after reading this book!
Stephanie
I just don't like the way he writes. He had some good info but just not my style. I had a hard time keeping focused while reading this book.
Jenny
A great reference guide to good eating, exercise, skin care and sleep. There were many take aways I gained from this book.
Caroline
I thought this was a great source of information. I think it is a bit extreme but still valuable for the information it provides.
Abranch71
I borrowed this from the library, but I think I have to have my own copy to keep!
Louise Pronovost
It will not really make you feel 20 years younger, but it does make you feel better.
Abdulrahman
The introduction is promising , although similar to Dr Oz You: staying Young
Anne Everett
Great advice ... Now I just have to do it!
Bob Greene is a personal trainer who writes on health and weight loss. He works and writes with Oprah Winfrey.

More about Bob Greene...
The Best Life Diet Make The Connection: 10 Steps To A Better Body   And A Better Life Bob Greene's Total Body Makeover Get with the Program!: Getting Real About Your Weight, Health, and Emotional Well-Being The Life You Want: Get Motivated, Lose Weight, and Be Happy