Start by marking “Nora Roberts's in the Garden Trilogy” as Want to Read:
Nora Roberts's in the Garden Trilogy

Nora Roberts's in the Garden Trilogy (In the Garden #1-3)

4.38  ·  Rating Details ·  2,273 Ratings  ·  80 Reviews
Nora Roberts's In the Garden Trilogy "America's favorite writer" (The New Yorker) takes us to a historic Southern mansion that houses a gardening business-and a ghostly presence-in this winning trilogy of romance and suspense. Blue Dahlia Black Rose Red Lily
Published March 1st 2011 by Jove Books (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Nora Roberts's in the Garden Trilogy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nora Roberts's in the Garden Trilogy

Julie
Jan 30, 2013 Julie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I purchased the trilogy as a set. Blue Dalhia, Black Rose, Red Lily. With my Kindle I prefer all three at once; as I know I will read them anyway. For me Nora Roberts is comfort food. Macaroni and cheese, roast beef, using a recipe you have used for many years. Occasionally you change it up a little for various reasons. Certainly three women who become close as sisters is pretty regular stuff for Nora. Substitute three men again brothers or close enough as friends to consider themselves brothers ...more
Sara Strand
Jul 13, 2015 Sara Strand rated it it was amazing
All three books are really great, but I think Blue Dahlia is maybe my favorite. Nora always develops characters really well and the characters in all three books are really fantastic. We have Stella who comes to town looking for a fresh start. She soon meets Logan, who comes off as a pain in the ass, but a sexy one. We have Rosalind (Roz) who owns the garden center Stella is hired to manage but she also owns the Harper House, which has been haunted for as long as anyone can remember. The problem ...more
Debi
Jul 08, 2010 Debi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just finished(7/8/10 afternoon) Blue Dahlia Review!!
Loved it when Stella and Logan got together and how Stella was Hayley's baby couch and just about everyone showed up in Hayley birthroom when she had the baby..smiles. Oh it was so good what the Harper Bride did toward the end of the book and how she left a name of who she was on the back of the door not going to give everything away..LOL! 4 stars.

Black Rose Review!!
Just finished 7/11/2010. Excellent read really enjoyed it. 4 stars

Red Lily R
Dee
Jan 07, 2017 Dee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Obsessed from page one! These three books were the first I'd ever read of Nora's work and I read them in about a week, I just couldn't put any of them down. It's an original and intriguing story that scoops you up and takes you with it. Ideal for fans of supernatural and chick lit/romance. Definitely recommended!
Ana Sandoval Poveda
Jun 22, 2015 Ana Sandoval Poveda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Es un grupo de novelas ligeras. Son fáciles de leer pero no aportan mucho en cuanto a narrativa o estilo. Son casi novela rosa... pero se dejan leer, entretienen y permiten pasar el rato de manera agradable.
Isa
Apr 09, 2016 Isa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
La historia de Logan y Stella me ha gustado. Las otras dos, psssss. El nexo de unión entre las tres: el fantasma, ha estado bien.
Quizás estoy un poco saturada de la Roberts.
Maura
Georgia Dunne
Feb 17, 2017 Georgia Dunne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Page turner!

Yet another page turning trilogy that will sick you right in. Well written and made you believe you were there right with them all along.
Lori
Aug 04, 2016 Lori rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this trilogy!

These three novels are some of Nora Roberts best writing, in my opinion. The storyline, characters, dialogue, and the way she weaves everything together into a beautiful tapestry is masterly!
This is probably the third or fourth time I've read it, and I get something new out of it every time.
Nora Roberts sense of humor and mine are simpatico, and I get such a kick out of her quick wit. Her "voice" is spot on with children, and parent-speak.
I love how her characters are such uni
Jesi Bell-Godfrey
In the past two years I have really started to enjoy reading in my spare time. Growing up I enjoyed Nicholas Sparks, so my mother-in-law recommended Nora Roberts. I picked up this series at Target and was hooked after the first book. Nora Roberts has such an amazing gift of making you feel like you really know each character. Her incredible attention to detail and the little twists and turns along the way made every moment of this series enjoyable. For someone who has always just stuck to romanc ...more
Jessica Aspen
Jul 04, 2011 Jessica Aspen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(Had to redeem Nora Roberts on my bookshelf).
Loved this series! Moved well, great concept, great writing. As usual Nora links a strong trio of women in a business and links then with great storytelling. The ghost story is within each novel, tying them together, but not overwhelming the books. The romance is still the main plot of each book. The setting of the large southern house and the green house business make for interesting reading of the kind I love. Great modern Gothic!
Jodie
Jul 21, 2013 Jodie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I pick up Nora Roberts when I need something easy to read, sort of a palate cleanser. This trilogy was enjoyable for a few reasons--the gardening details, the fact that one of the women featured is over 45, and the ghost. Honestly, the ghost freaked me out a bit, especially in the second and third books and I found I couldn't read them before falling asleep. That surprised me a bit. Otherwise, it was typical Nora Roberts and it served the purpose intended.
Kate
Apr 12, 2013 Kate rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this series. This was one of my favourite series by her and I will definately read it again. It was a bit different from the genre I'm used to reading. It was the first time I've every read paranormal romance before, but I enjoyed it even if at times Ameilia scared the living crap right out of me.
Lori Crague
Feb 27, 2012 Lori Crague rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is yet another great trilogy by Nora Roberts. It is about ghosts, history, lives that intertwine, and finding love at all ages. Each book is special on its own and has very interesting stories and backgrounds for each character - one of my favorite trilogies by Nora Roberts. You won't want to put these down.
Wendy
Dec 10, 2010 Wendy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These books are inspirational. All three women are strong and have overcome the obstacles set before them. Just the right amount of romance. Nothing over the top. I enjoyed reading about the bond these women developed and they all give true meaning to the saying...."What doesn't kill us,makes us stronger."
Lisa
May 24, 2015 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My first experience of Nora Roberts and I was hooked. I couldn't put these books down. I'm so glad I bought all 3 at once, if I had had to wait to read the next one I would have gone slightly mad! I fell in love with all the characters at once.
I have read many more of her books since finding theses gems but they will always be my favourites.
tracey alston
Jun 23, 2016 tracey alston rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Second time, yummy. !

This is the second time I've read this book, and enjoyed every minute of it . it takes you to the south, where there is beauty and charm . I loved the descriptions about the gardens was well, made me wish I had one .
Jennifer Rousseau cook
Touching mystery with romance blooming

If you're a Nora Roberts fan, you'll live this series. Classic Nora with romance, mystery and beauty. extremely enjoyable. Hated coming to the end.
Debbie
Nov 08, 2015 Debbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I started reading Nora Roberts about 10 years ago and I can honestly say " I've enjoyed every book I've ever read by her". This series adds a little paranormal to the story with a ghost story. You really feel like you get to know the characters in the books.
Mls3
Sep 09, 2009 Mls3 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Almost excellent. A good read for the plane, but I'm still not a huge Nora Roberts fan. I did like that this series was about a haunting and I bought it to add to my ghost story collection for my summer home on Ashley Lake.
S.M. Hineline
Apr 18, 2012 S.M. Hineline rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes you just need a sappy romance novel. Or three. I always like the trilogies that Nora Roberts writes, it's nice to have three different stories to enjoy and fall in love with. Plus that way you get a peek into what happens after "happily ever after".
Bess Schulmeister
Jul 25, 2014 Bess Schulmeister rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Multigenerational love story with ghost.

Multigenerational love story with ghost.

Typical Nora Roberts read, but still engrossing and enjoyable. The ghost story was a nice tthuch. I also liked the multigenerational aspect to the stories.
Eileen Pennock
Jun 18, 2013 Eileen Pennock rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yet another series I loved... Yes predictable as far as knowing Nora Roberts writing, BUT many surprises! Now onto my next trilogy.... Full of 3 lives intermingled through some type of Spirit, but done so well. Love trilogies because they last so long!
Carly
Oct 08, 2010 Carly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I did really like this series it was interesting and there was some rather funny parts and love it when I laugh during a book. Even though I mainly laugh in every book I read. David... the best gay friend you could have and Hayley she was FUNNY to me anyways.
Stacy
Nov 05, 2011 Stacy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just read the box set via Overdrive on my phone. LOVE the app - it let's me check out books from the library & read on my phone. This way, I always have a book with me. I forgot how great this sereis is. It is in a box in storage, so it has been awhile. Loved it.
Rachelle
Apr 15, 2011 Rachelle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
For the romance lover, not exactly what I am, but there were several parts that I enjoyed while reading the In the Garden Trilogy.

Suggestion to Goodreads, add 1/2 stars to the option.

Review over at Doubleshotreviews.com
Sara
Feb 02, 2008 Sara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I first started this set, I almost put it down. I'm SO glad that I didn't as I ended up loving it. There is a lot of information to do with the nursery that I don't understand, but it's a great story.
Shayla Williams
I am absolutely NOT a fan of Nora Roberts. For the most part, I find her books terrible. I did enjoy this series, however. I guess the characters spoke to me or something. I doubt I will ever read the books again, but they were good enough for three stars.
Susan
Jul 17, 2011 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It seems odd that I would add this to my gardening fiction collection but this set of romance novels have an amazing amount of gardening information. I loved the whole story. This is my second reading of this set of novels. Nora Roberts at her best. I will keep this set.
Marilyn L. Smith
Great.
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • The In Death Collection: Books 21-25
  • The Impossible Virgin (Modesty Blaise #5)
  • Red Adam's Lady
  • Memoirs (Saint-Germain, #21)
  • Alinor (The Roselynde Chronicles, #2)
  • The Complete Fiction: The Bean Trees / Homeland / Animal Dreams / Pigs in Heaven
  • Always
  • Decisiones arriesgadas
  • The Barefoot Billionaires: A Barefoot Bay Boxed Set (The Billionaires of Barefoot Bay, #1-3)
  • Only Survivors Tell Tales
Nora Roberts is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 200 novels, including The Obsession, The Liar, The Collector, Whiskey Beach and coming in June 2017, Come Sundown. She is also the author of the futuristic suspense In Death series written under the pen name J.D. Robb. There are more than 500 million copies of her books in print.
More about Nora Roberts...

In the Garden (3 books)
  • Blue Dahlia (In the Garden, #1)
  • Black Rose (In the Garden, #2)
  • Red Lily (In the Garden, #3)

“At forty-six, Rosalind Harper was a rose in full bloom. Not the hothouse sort, Stella mused, but one that weathered the elements, season after season, and came back, year after year, stronger and more beautiful. She” 0 likes
“I knew that he was mine when we talked for hours one night. I snuck out of the house to meet him. God, my daddy would have skinned him alive. But all we did was talk, hour after hour, under a willow tree. He was just a boy, but I knew I’d love him all of my life. And I have. I knew because we sat there, almost till dawn, and he made me laugh, and made me think and dream and tremble.” 0 likes