Start by marking “Zomblog II (Zomblog, #2)” as Want to Read:
Zomblog II (Zomblog, #2)

Zomblog II (Zomblog #2)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  280 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Meredith Gainey is a survivor...and determined to retain that status as the zombie apocalypse wipes out most of humanity. Unable to accept an existence behind walls and fences, she finds herself in constant danger...and she wouldn't have it any other way.
Nook, 200 pages
Published December 16th 2010 by May December Publications (first published December 15th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Zomblog II, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zomblog II

World War Z by Max BrooksThe Zombie Survival Guide by Max BrooksThe Walking Dead, Vol. 01 by Robert KirkmanFeed by Mira GrantPride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith
Zombies!
279th out of 1,270 books — 3,650 voters
World War Z by Max BrooksTagged by Joseph M. ChironDay by Day Armageddon by J.L. BourneThe First Days by Rhiannon FraterCell by Stephen King
Zombie Apocalypse Books
170th out of 184 books — 228 voters

More lists with this book...

Amy
I realize I never wrote a review of this story when I read it (but managed to do so for the first and 3rd books in the series). I can't believe it! I loved this story. I think this was my favorite of the series. I LOVE Meredith and really like who she is as a character. Love what she's done, how she's developed. Love the story line. I LOVED this series.
Wayne Michael
Nothing new in the world of zombie books but this short and journaled approach made for a entertaining read. Humorous, sad, and enlightening.
Alex Laybourne
Zomblog II follows off nicely from the ending of Zomblog. We are reunited with Meredith and friends, and continue to share in their adventures as they journey across the country.

The thing that sets this novel (and its predecessor) apart from the standard Zombie fare, is now that the zombies have arrived, they are no longer the only threat.

After more than a year on the run, dodging the undead, small communities have been formed. Armored fortresses offer sanctuary to many. We visit several of th
Kat
A few weeks ago I read the first book in this series, Zomblog, and it wasn't really my thing. I didn't connect with the main character and it was a little lacking in direction. But I decided to try the second book - the POV changes between books and I did like the new narrator, so what was there to lose?

With that new POV came a new perspective (duh), but also more direction. Meredith is a tough cookie - at times almost too tough, but it's the zombie apocalypse - puppies and flowers aren't really
Patrick D'Orazio
Zomblog II slides the reader into the story started with Zomblog with ease, with a second character having taken up the challenge to provide a journal about the ongoing zombie apocalypse. Meredith, who actually became the narrator perhaps halfway through the first book, continues to tell of her experiences as she moves from place to place and meets new survivors along the way, while trying her best to keep those she cares about alive. I thought the way the author shifted perspectives was quite c ...more
Nicole Storey
Today’s review is by one of my favorite authors, TW Brown. It is the second book is his Zomblog Trilogy: Zomblog II. I started reading this series a while back, and I finished it in three days. I have reviewed the first book in the trilogy, and you can read what I thought in this post: http://nicolestorey.wordpress.com/201...

Brown developed a character in this book that was very different from the usual. Instead of having “good people” and “bad people” – ones that I usually love or hate with a p
Vix
I love the way TW Brown writes... zombies are my current (and long term) love. His characters are
believable as they have some dramatic and plausible faults! and it is a work of fiction (we hope!) some literary licence in how we heal, mental and physical, has to be given.

It is an unusual style, with it being a diary type/1st person style but the switching between characters allows for differing points of view without forsaking the style.
Meredith is my kind of girl, yes she is self centered but s
Robert
Not a bad journal-style rendition of a group of survivors making their way to suspected safety during the zombie apocalypse. Book one started out with a male journal writer and narrator, but when he came to an unexpected end the journal was passed on to one of the females in the group, Meredith. The female narrator doesn't have the same impact as the male, but it's not bad enough to completely put me off. Much to do over Meredith having her baby. She didn't want to stay in one place raising a ba ...more
Kay Glass
I started reading this story last night around 11 p.m. I didn't put it down until 3 a.m. when I finished it. I kept telling myself I'd stop, and then get sucked back in.

Meredith is a character you just love to hate. She's cold, ruthless, and sees losses as casualties of war- but isn't that the case anyway? You may hate her for her cold praticality, but that's life in the midst of the zombie apocalypse. Even motherhood is nothing but a hinderance, but though her decisions are cold ones, they are
Cathy Harris
Enjoyed the read

It has not been a bad read. It has been twisty interesting. Lots of crazy people have been dealt with. And new ones to meet. On to the next.
Amy Robison
Just as good as the first one!!!
Selinalynn
The Journal lives on! Zomblog 2 switches hands and is told from a different perspective, Meredith. Even though she doesn't care for the journal she continues to document her travels. After a while she sees there is some merit to recording her thoughts and actions in this new world.
Mr. Brown writes a compelling story that grips you from beginning to the end. It scares you, makes you laugh, and above all makes you wonder....would it really come to this? I would highly recommend this book to any a
Freedom
I found this book to be a better read than book one. Flew right thru it & found myself more engaged in the story.
Dana Delamar
Excellent follow-up to "Zomblog," this is the ultimate "road trip" kind of story. Except of course, for the zombies. T.W. Brown puts his own unique twists on zombie lore, and I really liked the protagonist, Meredith. Although many of the other characters don't get enough "screen time" to be memorable, Meredith comes fully alive, and I found myself rooting for her even when she was doing something that would cut into her lifespan. Again, I couldn't put this one down, raced right through it and in ...more
Kylie
"If the living people worked against the dead people...I bet we'd be doing lots better."

An excellent continuation of the story begun in Zomblog. Once more we are exposed to the depravity of the human race, when stripped of the rules we have constructed to pretend that we are in fact more than our basest instincts. In many ways the zombies are a way to communicate this message, rather than the story itself, and that is what makes the Zomblog series one worth reading.
Rick
This was the second book in this series. I got it, along with the first one, for free. I enjoyed the first book, but didn't immediately get the second one as I had plenty to read. This book was good as well. There were slow parts and the action, while good, was limited. The story is read as a diary which is a good way to tell the story of the zombie apocalypse. When and if the next book becomes available for free I will probably download and read it.
Jason
i am liking these books, not realy what i expected, but also much better than i expected. I have to disagree with some of the reviews that i have read. This is pretty realistic, or could see a movie made out of it too. they are fun, fast, action-filled, snarky and dry humor, and gory, as a good zombie book should be. A lot of ppl seem to not like Meredith, but i thnk she's pretty cool.

liking it... looking forward to more in series!
Michelle
I loved this book. the 2nd journal
to an apocalyptic outbbreak of zombies taking over the word. Meredith who is pregnant cant seem to settle down. she is on a mission to move around...not sure what she is looking for.she just knows that she has to be out in the world..to feel like she is really living. out with the zombies.
Tom Boshell
Not as good as the first book. The cannibalism group was over the top and gory/macabre. If you've read the first then read this one to have the story come full-circle in its travels, but I found the 'reunion' with the early characters in the first blog a bit lacking. This feels a bit rushed and not polished.
Becky
Just as awesome as tthe first Zomblog. Totally recommending this series to anyone who loves Zombies, suspense and all around good times. It's been a year since the walking dead first surfaced and now Meredith is in control of the 'blog' as she makes her way. A must MUST read if you enjoyes Zomblog!
Amy
A great follow up from the first story. I love the way the story is written, and the action is just intoxicating! I can't seem to get enough, and have started on the 3rd installment of this story. I can't wait to see how this ends for Meredith!
Jessica Bakaitis
Great sequel. Meredith is a character you love to hate but can't help but love. She is tough but careless sometimes. Although you may not agree with her she does what she needs to to survive. Ready to see what the final chapter has in store.
Riitta
The lady is really starting to irritate me... And the book is starting to remind me of the first zombie book I ever read, which I also found irritating. Here's hoping the third book will turn this ship around.
Mary
I loved this series! It's really tough to put down. I also really like Meredith, the narrator, because she's truly a survivor. I admire how she's able to put her feelings aside to get things done.
Kathy Lewis
The problems I had with the first book in this series went away with this book. Characters were better developed and there was more of a story line. Looking forward to the third.
Pamela Randol
Wanted to know how Meridith was getting along had to listen to #2. I miss Sam.
  • Year One
  • Deadlocked 2 (Deadlocked, #2)
  • The Zombie Wilson Diaries
  • The Becoming: Ground Zero (The Becoming, #2)
  • Necrophobia (Zombie Apocalypse #1)
  • BadAss Zombie Road Trip
  • The King of Clayfield
  • Voyage of the Dead (Sovereign Spirit Saga, #1)
  • Zombie Tales: Primrose Court Apt. 502
  • Tankbread (Tankbread, #1)
  • Dead Hunger: The Flex Sheridan Chronicle
  • Life Among the Dead
  • Zombiestan
  • The Z Word (Apocalypse Babes, #1)
  • America the Dead (White Flag of the Dead, #3)
Tucked away in the Pacific Northwest with my wife Denise, a Border Collie named Aoife, a guitar collection, and an increasing number of aquariums sporting a variety of fish (cichlids are my new favorites), I live for football season when I can cheer on the Oregon Ducks and be disappointed by my Seattle Seahawks once again. I am a fan of Cookie Monster, KISS, and Dr. Who (along with most things Bri ...more
More about T.W. Brown...

Zomblog (6 books)
  • Zomblog (Zomblog, #1)
  • Zomblog: The Final Entry (Zomblog, #3)
  • Zomblog: Snoe (Zomblog #4)
  • Zomblog: Snoe's War (Zomblog #5)
  • Zomblog: Snoe's Journey
Zomblog (Zomblog, #1) Dead: The Ugly Beginning (Dead, #1) Dead: Revelations (Dead, #2) Dead: Winter (Dead, #4) Dead: Fortunes & Failures (Dead, #3)