Start by marking “Auntie Mayhem (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries #9)” as Want to Read:
Auntie Mayhem (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries #9)

Auntie Mayhem (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries #9)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  404 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Though lurching through London is ever so jolly, hostess on-holiday Judith McMonigle Flynn and her cantankerous cousin Renie are looking forward to an unharried weekend at a real English country manor. They find the estate taxing, however, what with vacationing relations crowding every nook and cranny of Ravenscroft House, while its awesomely aged mistress, Aunt Petulia, h ...more
Published February 27th 2007 by HarperCollins e-books (first published March 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Auntie Mayhem, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Auntie Mayhem

Michele
I enjoy this series. Renie and Judith are cousins, and they are as close as sisters. Their mothers are sisters and take sibling rivalry to a whole new level. They are nasty, insulting and constantly complain...but you can't help but love them...because you are SO GLAD they aren't your mother. As a cozy mystery, there is a body that turns up...but there isn't any blood and guts. Judith and Renie always stumble into the body finding and somehow end up solving the murder. However, Renie is tiny and ...more
Barbara
Again, I thoroughly enjoy the Bed and Breakfast mysteries by Mary Daheim. In this book Judith and Renie go to England and visit a rural estate. Of course, there is a murder that Judith works to solve. Also, are a lot of hidden secrets that must be explored to eliminate suspects.
Lisainoregon
Disclaimer: I think this series is marginal, the cousins are OK but the the other characters don't seem real. This book is par; but the ending drama-moment not only is cliche, it is particularly unbelievable to the point it leaves me quite annoyed.
Jane
A fun one. Fun characters and intriguing plot. I'll read another of hers.
Kathy
Thoroughly enjoyable...light, humorous mystery reading!
VJ
I see a problem already. No self-respecting person of any upbringing OTHER than American would dare call the game with a black and white ball played by kicking goals "soccer." Nope. To the rest of the world...that is football.

Yeah...I was way off. That was just an editing error. This was another of those twisted, secretive, crazy extended families plus loads of money.

The setting was quaint, the characters funny, and it was away from the States as well as the B&B so it was a good one.
Sallie
I seem to be on a Read-A-Mystery-A-Day kick right now. Too hot outside in the afternoon to do much, so I sit in my recliner, cold drink (mostly water these days) at hand, and usually a cat on my lap, and I read all afternoon into the evening. I have a stack of Mary Daheim B&B mysteries to read, so this afternoon, I'll be delving into the next one.
Jenn
Interestingly enough, I read this Mary Daheim book after reading "Scots on the Rocks" where it was mentioned a few times. This was the first time the cousins had been to England where Scots was the second time. A bit hard to get into as I hated the family they were staying with and found it tough to keep the characters straight.
Diane Falvey
Once again an intriguig mystery from Mary Daheim. Am enjoying working my way throught the complete Bed & Breakfast Mystery series.

The cousins Judith and Renie have a great relationship, even better than sisters and their mothers well, they are two old ladies I wouldn't like to come up against.

Nadine
A novel about 2 American friends (cousins) visiting England, and, of course, solving the mystery. Good story, even though I'm not into novels with a Great Britain setting. Stresses the importance of having a valid will and copies of it several places!
Lollyletsgo
An English manor house becoming a B&B? Sign me up! This one was twisty in the plot with who did the dirty deed. I love how Gertrude can affect Judith where ever she may be in the world... that old woman is growing on me...
Linda

Fun English countryside mystery. Love how family history seems to play a part in so many of these stories. The bad part is it seems I always spend half the book figuring out what year it is.
One of the better from the series. I liked the English countryside setting and the "who dunnit" was more complicated than the others have been.
Librarylinda
Oh puleeze!.
A very annoying book.
Two stupid women, a country mansion, a couple of murders. No pace, no surprises.
Irene
very funny -
Lori Carlson
Lori Carlson marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Larry G. Novinger
Larry G. Novinger marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Joe (JP) Foley
Joe (JP) Foley marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
  • A Farewell to Yarns (Jane Jeffry, #2)
  • Killed by Clutter (A Domestic Bliss Mystery, #4)
  • Hell Hath No Curry (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #15)
  • Father's Day Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #10)
  • The 27-Ingredient Chili Con Carne Murders (Eugenia Potter, #4)
  • Damsels in Distress (Claire Malloy, #16)
  • The Da Vinci Cook (Angie Amalfi, #14)
Seattle native Mary Richardson Daheim has been fascinated by story-telling since early childhood. She first listened, then read, and finally began to write her own fiction when she was ten. A journalism major at the University of Washington, she was the first female editor of The Daily where she attracted national attention with her editorial stance against bigotry.
After getting her B.A., she wor
More about Mary Daheim...

Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • Just Desserts (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #1)
  • Fowl Prey (Bed-and-Breakfast Mystery, #2)
  • Holy Terrors (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #3)
  • Dune to Death (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #4)
  • Bantam of the Opera (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #5)
  • A Fit of Tempera (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #6)
  • Major Vices (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #7)
  • Murder, My Suite (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #8)
  • Nutty as a Fruitcake (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #10)
  • September Mourn (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #11)
Just Desserts (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #1) The Alpine Advocate (Emma Lord Mystery, #1) Fowl Prey (Bed-and-Breakfast Mystery, #2) Dune to Death (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #4) The Alpine Betrayal (Emma Lord Mystery #2)