Start by marking “The Berenstain Bears and the Forgiving Tree” as Want to Read:
The Berenstain Bears and the Forgiving Tree

The Berenstain Bears and the Forgiving Tree (The Berenstain Bears Living Lights)

4.32 of 5 stars 4.32  ·  rating details  ·  99 ratings  ·  9 reviews
In the Berenstain Bears and the Forgiving Tree, Brother and Cousin Fred have a disagreement and it is up to Mama, Papa, and Sister to guide Brother to forgiveness.
Published January 4th 2011 by Zonderkidz (first published December 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Berenstain Bears and the Forgiving Tree, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Berenstain Bears and the Forgiving Tree

Corey
This book is not only good for children to learn about forgiveness, but also for adults to remember that something that seems like a big deal in the moment, may not actually be a big deal in the larger scheme of things. It is one of the more enjoyable books in the Berenstain Bears series, in my opinion. The book not only provides an opportunity for children to learn about forgiving others, it also provides a good opportunity for children to put themselves in the place of the person who is being ...more
Nikki H
My cousin didn't get as excited about this one as the others, but she's really enjoying herself with these stories. She keeps asking me to read them over and over. So excited that I got to show her these and experience them first hand with her!
Evelyn Matias
When kids are starting school they are learning their teacher, their fellow students and what their expectations are. It can be new and will be different from home and with that they need to know how to forgive one another. This is a great lesson and should be taught in their homes but it is a crucial part in their learning to work with others at school. Accidents happen and kids may accidently break something or say something that will hurt your feelings but forgiving is key. This book is a gre ...more
Stacy
Molly Robbins
I absolutely loved the message in this book. This book is great for students to really bring in character building. I feel like from K-5, they are really growing to develop what it means to share, and work out problems with others. This book is all about forgiveness, and one of the brothers really seeing where he was selfish and mean to his other brother. By the end of the story, they both forgave each other, and really saw how he was being selfish. Great book!
Margaret Welwood
My eight-year-old grandson called this morning and read me The Forgiving Tree over the phone. What a pleasure to hear the story unfold that way! I did foresee the damage to Brother Bear's brand new birthday bike, but Sister's words of wisdom were a surprise. With plenty of color and action, gentle storylines and age-appropriate teaching, the Living Lights series is ideal for my grandson--and, I'm sure, for many other young readers.
Annique
I just liked the whole story. And I read it before. I don't know when I read it.
Felicia
cute book on forgiveness, although I couldn't read all of it at school, since it talked about God. :(
Jaime
We love all berenstain bear books!
Aiyah
Aiyah marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Lauren
Lauren added it
Jul 15, 2015
Shannon Ann Bliesner
Shannon Ann Bliesner marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Golden Rule
  • Manners Mash-Up: A Goofy Guide to Good Behavior
  • Franklin Is Messy
  • Brave Young Knight
  • The Boy Who Changed the World
More about Jan Berenstain...

The Berenstain Bears Living Lights (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • The Berenstain Bears: God Loves You! (Berenstain Bears)
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Golden Rule
  • The Berenstain Bears Faithful Friends
  • The Berenstain Bears Give Thanks
  • The Berenstain Bears' Christmas Tree
  • The Berenstain Bears Discover God's Creation
The Berenstain Bears Give Thanks The Berenstain Bears and the Joy of Giving The Berenstain Bears' Computer Trouble The Berenstain Bears and the Easter Story (Berenstain Bears/Living Lights) The Berenstain Bears at the Aquarium