Start by marking “The Buccaneer” as Want to Read:
The Buccaneer

The Buccaneer

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  227 ratings  ·  11 reviews
The beautiful and sheltered Lady Catherine Abelard makes the ultimate sacrifice. She agrees to marry the infamous Captain Lucifer, a pirate known for his evil ways, to save her step-father from the gallows. Only the captain can provide the proof of his innocence.
Captain Lucifer has far different plans for Catherine. He wants revenge for the hell her step-father has put hi
Nook, 0 pages
Published March 1st 2011 by Donna Fletcher (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about The Buccaneer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Buccaneer

Splage
I found this book through a recommendation on an Amazon Discussion for H uses h as revenge- and that is exactly what it was, but not the best book I have read on this theme. If you like "revenge" Risk Everything was much better.

2 1/2, maybe 3 stars. Very typical old style romance/ bodice ripper with no forced seduction or rape though. The story was sort of silly, but did get better. The hero, the pirate Lucifer, kidnaps the daughter of the man he believes had him tortured and sold into servitud

Fera フェルナンダ
Suspense di cerita ini yang paling bikin aku gemas hampir sepanjang jalan cerita, walau aku patut memuji akting si heroine untuk mengelabui si hero agar tujuan balas dendam yang sudah direncanakannya gagal dicapai sesuai skenario. It's one hell of a read! especially the 'revelation' part near the end of the book which shocked not only the hero but also me!
Antoinette Lewis
Excellent. Loved the plot didn't want to sleep, got 4 hrs of rest and woke to finish it.
Gaby
It was a nice, light read, and really liked it, but it was nothing special at the same time. The first half is the best part of the story and read it in no time, the second one took me longer because I kind of lost interest in the hero and heroine, but that interest returned eventually and I'm glad I finished it.

My only issues were the need for a good edition throughout the book, and the repetitive description of Lucian. I mean, I don't need a reminder every 20 lines or so of how big and powerf
Julie
I absolutely fell in love with this book. Donna Fletcher is an amazing story teller and i can wait to read more!
MoNique
Aug 24, 2011 MoNique rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to MoNique by: Amazon
Shelves: read-in-2011
Never really cared for historicals but as I read the reviews on Amazon I was intrigued when readers said it was a 'Pirate Romance'. I've never ready anything of that genre before and decided to give it a try.

The revenge plot was what drew me at first and once I started I couldn't put it down.
Loved the characters and was pleasantly surprised as the story progressed.

This is the first book I've read by this author and I'm looking forward to reaing more of her work.
Ashley the Magnificent™
Jul 20, 2011 Ashley the Magnificent™ rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people from lower Alabama
Victoria Blacke
A unique take on the Virgin Ravished by a Pirate Tale. In this one the virgin plays at being a whore to turn off/hold off the pirate! Fabulous! She drives him crazy! Loved every moment.
Rose
This book was one of the best romance novels I've ever read. I laughed so hard at the heroine's antics and plots. This book is definately one I will read again and again.
Maggie Humphreys
Great romping story, yummy hero, worthy heroine. Really enjoyed this. The secondary characters were good and the villain was suitably villainous. Worth reading.
Normal
Sep 19, 2014 Normal added it
Shelves: ebook-nook
#N/A
Monika
Monika marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Espresso Love
Espresso Love marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Kimberly Duncan
Kimberly Duncan marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Hrist
Hrist marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2014
Claudia
Claudia marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
  • Tempt the Devil
  • My Wicked Pirate
  • Magic Embrace
  • Bound by the Heart
  • A Pirate's Pleasure (Cameron Family Saga #2)
  • Blood and Treasure (Romancing the Pirate, #1)
  • Cold Night, Warm Stranger
  • The Christmas Knight
  • Lady Pirate
  • Dream Fever
  • Perils of the Heart
  • Pleasuring the Pirate
  • Desire in Disguise
  • Once a Pirate
  • The Princess and Her Pirate (Sedonia, #1)
  • Once in a Blue Moon
  • Sing My Name
Return of the Rogue (Sinclare Brothers, #1) The Highlander's Forbidden Bride (Sinclare Brothers, #4) The Irish Devil (Irish Eyes, #1) (Irish Eyes Duo, #1) Bound to a Warrior (The Warrior King, #1) The Angel and the Highlander (Sinclare Brothers, #3)