Start by marking “Goodbye to Shy: 85 Shybusters That Work!” as Want to Read:
Goodbye to Shy: 85 Shybusters That Work!

Goodbye to Shy: 85 Shybusters That Work!

3.37  ·  Rating Details  ·  201 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Say hello to new friends, new business opportunities, new love, and new confidence

Okay, so you're shy. Here are 85 proven techniques to help you conquer your shyness and change your life for good. No psychobabble. No nonsense. These tested "ShyBusters" prepare you for that upcoming party, work function, interview, date, and the rest of your life.

As someone who overcame deb
Published July 12th 2006 by McGraw-Hill Companies (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Goodbye to Shy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Goodbye to Shy

Anamarija
Nov 14, 2014 Anamarija rated it liked it
First half of the book has some really good advices (which I will use). Second half concentrates more on love relationships, how to meet someone and how to raise your future kids not being shy. Also, I can't believe that Croatian edition came out this year. This book is old (2006) , I mean, in the field of self-help or so called psychology, 8 years is a lot and I doubt that there aren't better books to translate.

p.s. There are a lot of empty pages, design that irritates.

************
Ova knjiga je
Adriano Ariganello
Jan 08, 2016 Adriano Ariganello rated it liked it
This is a short book with lots of actionable steps that really amount to putting yourself out there. It really does assume that you have crippling shyness. I'm an introvert at heart, but I feel a lot of these examples would have prevented me from even going outside.
Selkie
Apr 03, 2015 Selkie rated it really liked it
For the most part, I think most self-help books are useless, but this one did have some helpful hints. Even though they may seem a bit off-the-wall, they do work.
A great book for people training for high-profile positions
Vanessa
Jul 11, 2016 Vanessa rated it liked it
I can see how this book would be helpful to the extremely shy--it uses basic psychological principles. I'd be interested in reading her other books on conversing with anyone.
Ashley
Oct 08, 2014 Ashley rated it did not like it
I am really not sure if this will actually help, or if shyness is actually my problem. I may just not like to talk to people. Most of the suggestions in this book seemed ridiculous and I really am sorry I picked up this book.
Cagne
Decently practical, contains a good number of advice. Based on gradual exposure method, offers non-medicated readers a program of steps, I will recommend it around to sad shy people.

I liked:
- the mental diet bit, on halting chains of negative thoughts through listening to positive/involving audio things
- the bit about shyness and it's origins, with a mention of situational shyness and social avoidance types
- the bit about emotional needyness and enhanced feelings from shy people
- the 100 questio
FatimaThePirate
Such a useless book tbh
Cagne
Decently practical, lots of good hints. Based on a progressive exposure method, offers listeners a program of steps, I will recommend it around to sad shy people.

I liked:
- the mental diet bit, on halting chains of negative thoughts through listening to stuff
- the bit about emotional needyness and enhanced feelings from shy people
Nathan
Sep 21, 2013 Nathan rated it it was ok
There is a lot of trite advice, but the book also covers some basic cognitive behavioral ideas.
It would be very useful for someone who is just starting to work on their shyness.
For anxiety sufferers, I would recommend a CBT workbook in addition to it. I would recommend "Shyness and Social Anxiety Workbook" or "Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Workbook for Dummies."
Kirsten
Jan 01, 2012 Kirsten rated it it was ok
maybe good for fourth graders, etc.... And unlike the book, I personally do think telling people I'm shy helps ! I embrace my shyness, when you tell peole you're shy they usually just get you more, and see you as less intimidating, also I think it just comes off kind of cute. Telling people I'm shy makes me feel more comfortable with my shyness.
Depoy
buku tentang 92 trik menuju kesuksesan. Leil lowndes mengajak pembacanya utk berpikir secara lebih praktis. Tips n tricks yang diberikan lebih applicable kalau dibandingkan dengan buku dg author dale carnegie yang terkenal itu (how to win friends and influenced people)i think "how-to"nya lebih ngena! (siapa tahu how-to nya bisa di franchise-kan?)
Richard Stephenson
Mar 11, 2011 Richard Stephenson rated it liked it
Fun, greater narration by the author, and some useful bits. Nothing too terribly ground-breaking, but that's probably just because I've been making it too hard! lol
Noran
Feb 19, 2013 Noran rated it really liked it
Really motivating, I now think if I am persistent enough I can get over my shyness even a little, I even started doing things in a different way, hope I will continue.
Sunil Jawahir
Oct 18, 2012 Sunil Jawahir rated it it was amazing
I don't think this book is for everyone but it's the only one on the topic that helped me. Re-read or listen to this every year or so for about a decade now.
Karla
Dec 28, 2011 Karla rated it liked it
Shelves:
Tips for those who are socially awkward, in other words everyone. Some are goofy, some are helpful. To each their own I guess.
Christine
Mar 10, 2012 Christine rated it it was ok
This book was a little old and out of date. Some of the advice was corny but there were a few good tips.
Chelsea
Jul 27, 2011 Chelsea rated it it was ok
I'm not the target audience since I'm not really shy, but there were a few helpful tips.
Idalia
Nov 18, 2013 Idalia rated it it was amazing
Very informative and helpful if you follow the author's tips.
Iman Fadan
Dec 14, 2010 Nicko Gibson rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
=(
Shikhar Nigam
Shikhar Nigam marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2016
Siddhant Gurung
Siddhant Gurung rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2016
Ovili Cosmos
Ovili Cosmos rated it did not like it
Jul 21, 2016
Stephanie Mckinley
Stephanie Mckinley rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2016
Jocelyn Chan
Jocelyn Chan marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Farah
Farah added it
Jul 11, 2016
E
E marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2016
  • What About the Big Stuff?: Finding Strength and Moving Forward When the Stakes Are High
  • Doing Dialectical Behavior Therapy: A Practical Guide
  • Get Off Your "But": How to End Self-Sabotage and Stand Up for Yourself
  • Miss Manners' Guide for the Turn-of-the-Millennium
  • Never Good Enough: How to use Perfectionism to Your Advantage Without Letting it Ruin Your Life
  • I Had It All the Time: When Self-Improvement Gives Way to Ecstasy
  • Dark Passions (Hot Blood, #13)
  • The Science of Happiness: How Our Brains Make Us Happy-and What We Can Do to Get Happier
  • The Biggest Loser Calorie Counter
  • Time Management for Dummies
  • Love in 90 Days: The Essential Guide to Finding Your Own True Love
  • Conversationally Speaking: Tested New Ways to Increase Your Personal and Social Effectiveness
  • You Lost Him at Hello: A Saleswoman's Secrets to Closing the Deal with Any Guy You Want
  • Prince Harming Syndrome: Break Bad Relationship Patterns for Good -- 5 Essentials for Finding True Love (and they're not what you think)
  • The Skinny on Willpower: How to Develop The Self Discipline You Need To Advance Your Career and Life
  • The Witch