Start by marking “A Thursday Next Digital Collection: Novels 1-5” as Want to Read:
A Thursday Next Digital Collection: Novels 1-5

A Thursday Next Digital Collection: Novels 1-5

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  86 ratings  ·  10 reviews
A Thursday Next Digital Collection: Novels 1–5

Fall into the world of Thursday Next with the first five novels in the New York Times bestselling series featuring the renowned Special Operative in literary detection who is “part Bridget Jones, part Nancy Drew, and part Dirty Harry” (Michiko Kakutani, The New York Times).

The Eyre Affair
Lost in a Good Book
The Well of Lost Plot
ebook, 1988 pages
Published March 8th 2011 by Penguin Books (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about A Thursday Next Digital Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Thursday Next Digital Collection

Ea Solinas
It's a world very like ours, only different: the Crimean War is still going on the 1980s, there are dodos and mammoths, time can be altered and changing a manuscript changes all copies of the book.

Yes, that is the world of Jasper Fforde's Thursday Next, an eccentric alternate world that operates entirely on its own hilarious rules. "A Thursday Next Digital Collection: Novels 1-5" brings together the first four-book cycle of Thursday's adventures, as well as the timeskip sequel "First Among Seque
Marfita
This is a review of the 5-book compilation ebook. Found one typo, many annoying cases of words broken up [such as "pres sure" and in at least one case "de pen dent" - not actual word, but definitely two breaks]. Also, while the font is easy to enlarge on the KindleFireHDThing, I could not find a way to enlarge the illustrations.
I was in a hurry to finish this because it was a library ebook and would shut off after 3 weeks. Fortunately, the Great Storm of 2014 hit. Being trapped inside the house
Rachel
The other week, my aunt and uncle were kidnapped by a crazed murderer. Later that same day, I was contacted by an old flame, who asked me out on a date to a raucous rendition of Richard III. I hadn't been contacted by him in a while, so I shrugged off the whole beloved family members being kidnapped thing, and went on a date.

No. No I didn't. None of that happened to me. But it did happen in the book. For a good portion of the book I felt like the author has difficulty writing emotions and emotio
Stacey
Not as much fun reading footnoterphones/footnotes on an ebook ;)
Anne
Jan 23, 2013 Anne added it
Shelves: can-t-finish
Not sure why. But can't finish book. Can't get into the characters even though book came highly recommended by a friend. I gave it a good shot. Three chapters and I still want to put it down.
Annie Tevis
took me a while to get through it but loved it regardless
P R
Tammy
Tammy added it
Jun 30, 2015
Bridget
Bridget is currently reading it
Jun 23, 2015
Hendri
Hendri marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Kelly
Kelly is currently reading it
Jun 15, 2015
Jennie
Jennie marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Cj
Cj added it
Apr 23, 2015
Lino Natoli
Lino Natoli marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Pat
Pat added it
Mar 30, 2015
David
David added it
Mar 29, 2015
Amy Peavy
Amy Peavy is currently reading it
Mar 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Polar Star / Gorky Park (Arkady Renko, #1-2)
  • J. D. Robb CD Collection 10: Promises in Death, Kindred in Death
  • Three Messages and a Warning: Contemporary Mexican Short Stories of the Fantastic
  • The Locus Awards: Thirty Years of the Best in Science Fiction and Fantasy
  • The Robot Novels: The Caves of Steel / The Naked Sun (Robot, #1-2)
  • Bullied (Bullied, #1)
  • Saturn Apartments, Vol. 4
  • The Hidden Family (The Merchant Princes, #2)
  • Exeunt Demon King (Johannes Cabal, #1.2)
  • Signal to Noise
  • Half a Crown (Small Change, #3)
  • Taking Stock
  • Saturn's Return to New York
  • Men of Mars (Barsoom, #7-9)
  • Pyramids (Pilgrim, #1)
Jasper Fforde is a novelist living in Wales. He is the son of John Standish Fforde, the 24th Chief Cashier for the Bank of England, whose signature used to appear on sterling banknotes, and is cousin of Desmond Fforde, married to author Katie Fforde. His early career was spent as a focus puller in the film industry, where he worked on a number of films including Quills, GoldenEye, and Entrapment.

H
More about Jasper Fforde...
The Eyre Affair (Thursday Next, #1) Lost in a Good Book (Thursday Next, #2) The Well of Lost Plots (Thursday Next #3) Something Rotten (Thursday Next, #4) The Big Over Easy (Nursery Crime, #1)

“Rotten luck,” said Falstaff as I walked past. “There were the remains of a fine woman about Havisham.” 0 likes