Start by marking “Le Printemps Des 999 Têtards” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Le Printemps Des 999 T...

Ken Kimura

Le Printemps Des 999 Têtards

3.3 of 5 stars 3.30  ·  rating details  ·  217 ratings  ·  46 reviews
C'est le printemps et Maman grenouille réveille tous ses 999 bébés grenouilles. Tous ensemble ils réveillent la tortue, le lézard et les coccinelles. Mais il en reste un au fond d'un trou qui continue à ronfler, c'est le serpent mangeur de grenouilles...
39 pages
Published 2010 by Autrement jeunesse (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Le Printemps Des 999 Têtards, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Le Printemps Des 999 Têtards

Marjorie
Given To Me For An Honest Review

999 Frogs Wake Up by Ken Kimura is a book for every child's bookshelf. It is about the frogs that plan to wake everyone up for spring. A hungry snake wakes up but the frogs assure him that he can sleep as long as he wants. Your child(ren) will laugh and enjoy this book. They will love the humor that it has. The illustrations and bright and clear. If you wish for a great book that your child will love or you classroom will enjoy this is the book. I gave it 5 stars
Lisa Echols
The sequel to 999 Tadpoles, in this story the frogs wake up after a long winter's rest and decide to wake up all the other sleepyheads they can find who haven't gotten the word that spring has arrived, including a turtle, some ladybugs and OOPS - a big snake! Again, the illustrations are charming and the solution to what to do about waking up the snake is a funny one.
Meredith
999 baby frogs wake up and set about sweetly waking other hibernating creatures until they mistakenly wake a predator. Opps.

The illustrations are very cheerful and reminiscent of those in Let's Count to 100!.
Ina
Spring is a time that wild things wake up - in this case 999 frogs. After Mom wakes them, they decide to wake all other sleepyheads - a turtle, ladybugs, and, finally, a snake. Cute illustrations and a simple, but jumpy, uneven, text. My story time audience did love this one…especially providing the snoring sound effects of each sleepyhead!
Teresa Bateman
It's spring, and Mother Frog is counting her 99 froglets who should be waking up from the muck. But there are only 98. Oh no! Following snoring reveals her missing froglet as well as other sleeping animals who need to be awakened--a turtle, a lizard, and ladybugs. Their final find, however, is dangerous--a snake! They don't want him awake. He thinks they are dinner. Careful cooperation with their newly awoken friends removes the danger and now it's time to enjoy spring...or a good nap. Originall ...more
Susan Wolfram
A great follow up to the 999 tadpoles. In Germany, during rainy springs "frog fences" are put up along the side of many roads. Be sure to google it after reading the book, where you discover who else wakes up in the spring!
Sarah Adamson
This is quite a fun picture book starring 999 frogs who are woken up to celebrate Spring and then proceed to wake everyone else up too - including someone they shouldn't.

A fun and gentle storybook with beautiful illustrations.
Matthew
This is the sequel to a book that I've never read. I picked it up because of the cover. In it, a large frog leads an army of brothers and sisters in an effort to wake the world up for the beginning of spring. Everything goes swimmingly, pun totally intended, until they attempt to wake one animal sleeping in a den that turns out to be hungry snake. Luckily, the mother frog is able to put the snake back to sleep and a friendly turtle carries the snake away to the forest as a thanks for waking him ...more
Inara
From Inara's Mom: This was adorable and included many of Inara's favorite critters and life cycle information.
Kaethe
Adorable, even if it is about frogs, which I don't normally care much for.

Library copy.
Robin
When 999 frogs wake up in the spring, they wake up the other creatures still sleeping too -- the turtle, the lizard, the ladybugs, the snake. But wait! they don't actually want to wake the snake . . .

First published in Japan in 2009. English translation 2013 by NorthSouth Books (name of translator not listed).

also look for: 999 Tadpoles
The Styling Librarian
999 Frogs Wake Up by Ken Kimura, illustrated by Yasunari Murakami – I honestly thought this would be more of a math book, don’t get me wrong, it does have loads of math elements, but this book was fantastic for talking about seasons, ecosystems, communities, friendship and nocturnal creatures. I additionally love how the huge problem was resolved… Read to find out!
Sondra Eklund
The 999 Tadpoles from the previous book are now frogs waking up in the springtime. They go looking for sleepyheads who are still sleeping and narrowly escape a snake. The text is a little on the clunky side, and I wish there was at least one spread with all 999 frogs pictured. However, it's a nice book for the beginning of Spring.
Shellie
Not quite as cute as the write-up in book Page made it out to be but I did like it and will share it with the kids this week at dinners with them. And I will read the follow-up story 999 Tadpoles.
This is one adventurous day in this frog family who end up making friends and tackling danger successfully because of the friends they make.
Samantha
Spring has sprung and the froglets make the rounds waking up all the sleepyheads animals.

Vibrant artwork is simply incredible. Even when too many frogs to properly count are featured on a two page spread they each have a different facial expression. A fun read, especially for middle elementary school students.
Rose Ann
If possible, this was even more mundane that 999 tadpoles. Actually, this book was just plain dumb. Avoid. Do not read to your kids unless you want them to question the judgment of the person who reads to them.
Adrienne Furness
I like the concept of running around waking up all the hibernating animals, and it has some great vocabulary with the aphids and cherry blossoms and all. The illustration with the ladybugs and cherry blossoms is great.
Heather
Not as much fun as 999 Tadpoles, but still fun. I enjoyed reading this to children at my "Frogs & Toads" program this week. It's especially amusing to get audience participation during the loud snoring parts.
Maddypictures
Great spring story. 998 frogs (plus their big brother) wake everybody up for spring. When they accidentally wake up a hungry snake, they assure him, that he can sleep a little later if he likes. Cute.
Maren Prestegaard
Kinda felt ho-hum about this one. Although I liked the idea of searching high and low for sleeping/hibernating animals, the book actually felt like a long winter. You just wanted it to end.
M. Jones
Not as funny as "999 Tadpoles" by the same author, but it was still a lot of fun to read with my kids. The pictures are a bit simplistic but they fit the story line very well and they are quite cute.
Polly
Cute! 999 frogs wake up for spring, and help the rest of the forest wake up, until they wake a big snake, not the wisest things for little frogs to do. However, everything turns out fine!
Jen
The front cover is better than the book and the story. Animals waking up for springtime. They encounter other animals and the turtle helps them hide the snake back in the forest.
Julie Esanu
Good for spring science prompt to follow up on hibernation, especially since it includes the smaller animals that typically don't get as much attention as the ubiquitous bear.
Sandy Brehl
Lots of fun, develops story and images well, incorporating a variety of critters from the habitat. Nice view of cooperation and the drive for very young to explore.
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Daily life in frog families is a hectic time. Imagine dealing with 999 offspring! Thank goodness we don’t have to support 999 frogs until they graduate from college!
Jenny
This is a cute springtime book. The kids enjoyed this one. I like how kind everyone is to each other. It is a quick read with cute minimalist illustrations.
Donalyn
999 tadpoles are now 999 frogs waking up from hibernation. Eager to celebrate spring, the froglets set out waking up other woodland creatures.
Selena
Cute book for spring story times or hibernations. Also teaches teamwork in the end with a little pay it forward action from the turtle.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Little Owl's Orange Scarf
  • I Wish I Had . . .
  • Dirty Gert
  • Polar Bear Morning
  • Owly & Wormy, Friends All Aflutter!
  • The Watermelon Seed
  • Night Light
  • The World Is Waiting For You
  • Count the Monkeys
  • Steam Train, Dream Train
999 Tadpoles 999 Frogs and a Little Brother 999 Froschgeschwister Ziehen Um Biliary Atresia: The Japanese Experience Abdominal Surgery of Infancy and Childhood