Start by marking “Cold Blooded” as Want to Read:
Cold Blooded

Cold Blooded (New Orleans #2)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  4,615 ratings  ·  165 reviews
His Vengeance Will Be Repeated... A woman's slashed, incinerated corpse is found in a seedy New Orleans apartment. Her killer is certain there were no witnesses, unaware that his every move was seen by a beautiful stranger--from her bed in a bayou cottage on the outskirts of town. . .

And Repeated...

Weeks later, another violent vision shatters Olivia Bechet's sleep. Convinc
Published June 1st 2002 by Zebra Books (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Cold Blooded, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cold Blooded

Kellie
Okay so, I have an issue with the way Lisa Jackson ends her books. Or rather, doesn't end them. This is yet another example where she spends over 400 pages dragging you along to solve gruesome crimes, everything geared up for the climax...that NEVER comes. Perhaps that isn't accurate. You do get to know the "who done it," however, it is never completely finished.

All of that being said, I enjoyed it...up until the last 25 pages...when it dawned on me that she was once again, not going to end a bo
Stefani
Second in the "New Orleans" series from Lisa Jackson, this is a worthy followup to its predecessor. It has been 6 months since the Rosary Killer stalked the streets of New Orleans and detectives Bentz and Montoya had to hunt him down and stop him. But now another serial killer is slaughtering women in a highly ritualistic manner. The killings are not connected until Olivia Benchet comes to Detective Bentz and insists that she is a psychic and saw the most recent murder, and the ones before it to ...more
Alex is The Romance Fox
Lisa Jackson is brilliant at creating nail-biting and exciting suspenseful romantic thrillers with some really scary and evil villains and characters that just pull you in.

Cold Blooded is the 2nd book in the New Orleans Series, is the follow up to Hot Blooded ….my review on it http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/54... and having read most of the series before, I have become quite attached to the characters which appear in each story.

Rick Bentz…I so really like this man…what he has gone through i
Melanie Chabrol-
Excellent and well written! OLivia Benchet has inheritted a gift from her late grandmother she has ESP. Some people think it is a gift while others think it is curse. Suddenly she is seeing visions of murders taking place. She goes to the police department to only be labeled as crazy and cooky.
Is it really when Det. Benz is called in to a case he realizes that OLivia nailed it and is suddenly more interested in what she has to say. STill skeptical how can this beautiful lady be so WEIRD.
Then a
Trudy
This is the second book in the New Orleans series... picks up where Hot Blooded leaves off... A second serial killer is hunting women and killing them in the manner of martyed saints. There is only one witness, Olivia Benchet... except there is a catch, she "sees" him through psychic visions. Bentz and Montoya are skeptical at first, but when Olivia's visions start proving out, they have no choice but to believe her. There are a couple other character overlaps with Hot Blooded, but for the most ...more
Loretta
Olivia's family is messed up! Eep!

As for Father James and Detective Bents' relationship? oh... wow...

I will be returning to read this one again as I am sure that there are nuances I missed this first time through. As for the feasts of saints calendar? It is amazing and quite appalling to see what it took to canonize these ladies.
William
This was the absolute worst book I've ever read! There are about 200 pages where nothing happens. I never want to see or hear the word 'rump' ever again. Everyone is disturbingly horny in this book and the sex scenes are about as comfortable as imagining your grandparents getting it on. I recommend this only to people who think James Patterson and Dean Koontz are good authors!
Bettynz
Totally couldn't put it down once started, and resisting the temptation to order the next one immediately. I'm really liking the 2 lead detectives, and that there is a new main female character in the 2nd book (while keeping reference to the main female lead from book 1 & tying up that particular story nicely too). It will be interesting to see where Ms Jackson leads Detectives Bentz & Montoya next. I'd like to see a bit more character development for Montoya, and given the loose end con ...more
A killer is loose in New Orleans. Women’s bodies have been turning up, beheaded and chained up having died horrific deaths. No one has tied these women’s deaths together until Olivia Benchet comes to the police department – seeing visions of murder. At first the police don’t believe her but in time her visions come to contain a horrific truth to them that no one can deny, least of all the detectives on the case. How are these women connected? Why did they die such horrific deaths? Who has made i ...more
Laura M
This one is a hard one to review.

The suspence bit at the end was as always amazing. Lisa Jackson does those always very well. But the problem is, that the rest was just ... meh.

It seems as if Jackson couldn't decide where she wanted to put more weight into, the crime bit or the romance bit. What came out was neither a thriller nor a romance. Olivia and Rick share one single moment where you could say: ah! here it starts. And it ends with it as well. The rest of the book he shoves her away, she g
Jim C
My rating is 3.5 stars.

This is a second book of a series but it can be read as a stand alone novel. In this one, there is another serial killer loose in New Orleans and he has ties to the serial killer found in the first novel. Olivia has some kind of connection with this killer that allows her to have visions of his killings. She goes to the police in hopes of helping them catch the culprit.

I enjoyed this novel. The author does exactly what I want from a murder mystery novel. There is the sadis
Bev Taylor
a rick brentz and reuben montoya novel

she can see the killer. but can he stop him?

olivia is a psychic and can see murders as they r happening. and these r especially brutal. what is the pattern and why is he doing it and what is the connection to her. more importantly, who will believe her?

a fantastic assortment of characters that will have u well and truly gripped

there r many unanswered questions at the end. most importantly - why?

this is explained in her footnotes and leave u begging for
Anita
Because Lisa Jackson unfolds the plot, layer by layer, it is difficult to do a recap without making the whole review a spoiler. So, I just won't address the plot beyond a few basic points. I will say that the whole book was one long, suspense mystery. You had no idea who the baddie was and you had plenty of characters who could have been the one. My big problem was that this is a whole lot more mystery/suspense that romance. About 80% suspense 20% romance.

Olivia is having visions of a priest who
Destiny'jayy
This book is amazing; well if you're into mysteries, romance, and magic that is. Throughout this entire book the reader becomes apart of the many different events, and starts to place him or herself inside the fantasy land of this book. Even the emotions of characters will capture the reader and affect them in the same way as the characters are affected.
The main character Olivia Benchet is cursed with a gift that has been passed down to her from her grandmother. And when her grandmother dies she
Nura
Kota New Orleans kembali dikejutkan dengan ditemukannya jasad tiga orang wanita yang tewas dalam keadaan mengenaskan. Dengan latar belakang yang berbeda-beda, satu-satunya kesamaan ketiga korban tersebut adalah medali para santa yang ditinggalkan si pembunuh di dekat jasad mereka. Hanya satu orang yang menyaksikan bagaimana sang pembunuh menghabisi nyawa para wanita itu, meskipun hanya lewat mimpi. Orang tersebut adalah Olivia Benchet.

Awalnya, Olivia hanya memimpikan potongan-potongan kejadian s
Alasandra Alawine
OK, I have read this one out of order so I kinda knew some of the stuff that was going to happen. It was nice to read about how Bentz and Olivia got together.

Olivia has "visions" of women being ruthless murdered. She goes to the cops and a very skeptical Bentz slowly starts to believe her. Olivia also seeks advice from a priest, Father James, unaware that he is Bentz's half brother and their very troubled history. She is sexually attracted to both men and they to her, but her heart belongs to Be
Benita
Cold Blooded by Lisa Jackson

Ms. Jackson does a great job with this story. It’s a real thriller and keeps you on the edge of your seat. Set in New Orleans, Olivia Benchet sees vision of terrible, horrific murders. When she goes to the neighborhood police station to report what she saw, she is met with impatience and annoyance. Rick Bentz and partner Reuben Montoya reluctantly begin to rethink their earlier reactions when they find a body that fits the description Olivia gave them. Bentz is convin
Sally
This was entertaining enough, think chick lit meets thriller, not really my bag, too many erections and racing pulses for my reading taste...! I discovered later that Lisa Jackson is known for writing romances which makes sense. The plot was decidedly far fetched, a bit like those soap opera story lines where everyone turns out to be related to everyone else. That being said, I did get sucked in enough to want to know who done it, and as i had this on audiobook I was happy enough to follow it th ...more
Lennyb
Ich habe das Buch sehr gerne gelesen, habe mich immer wieder darauf gefreut, wenn ich es zur Hand nahm. Es ist flüssig geschrieben, die Charaktere sind toll entwickelt und die Story an sich....tja, da bin ich gespalten: Sie war originell, und hatte teilweise recht spannende Stellen, ABER sie war TOTAL unrealistisch. Da hat es einem sprichwörtlich fast die Schuhe ausgezogen: Nur EIN Beispiel (ohne zuviel zu verraten) Olivia, die zentrale Figur des Buches hat Visionen, in denen sie die Verbrechen( ...more
Beverley
I generally like reading Lisa Jackson, and she doesn't disappoint here for excitement, suspense, fast reading. This follows the "Hot Blooded" book of New Orleans serial killers. It's an easy read, characters are interesting. My problem is that I'm weary of getting inside the mind of a serial killer. I know, I know, what do you expect after reading the first book in the series? Well, maybe not an over abundance of the graphic thoughts he has for each victim, followed by the detailed commitment of ...more
Korine Keith
I found this to be a very enjoyable second book! I liked how a couple of the characters from book 1 were linked into the story, but didn't in any way distract from the current characters! My only complaint and reason for rating the book as 4 stars was the god awful grammar and spelling mistakes! I lost count of the mistakes and at times it distracted from the reading! I shall however be diving straight into book 3!
Lisa
another home run for Lisa Jackson

This is one of those stories that keeps the reader so engaged, that they loose lots of sleep over. You just can't stop reading this book. It is one of those reads that makes you stay up and read one page after another because of the constant excitement and fast moving plot. Loved this book. So excited to read the next one in this series.
Pr Latta
Traditional Jackson: graphically gruesome crimes, fast pace that sucks you in despite the cringing at "man's inhumanity to man," flawed but rounded characters. Enough background is given that, though second in the series, would be appreciated as a stand alone. Red flags for the violence and the use of the Catholic Church (integral to the story).
Kim
A really great book. Its the second book in a series about a couple of homicide detectives in New Orleans. The main character has the ability to connect with the serial killer stalker who is hunting down women through the local university. A great storyline with lots of twist and turns.
Linda
I really enjoyed this book. I've been busy for the last couple of weeks so not much time to read. I picked up this book whenever I could. The characters were well written and easy to associate with. I loved the story line and the author kept me guessing right to the end. I love it when I think I know who the killer is and it turns out I'm way of base. I will gladly read more books from this author.
Peggy
I really liked the book. The only problem I had was with Bentz going back and fourth believing and not believing Olivia. I also don't like and this is in all books not just this one that writers constantly use peoples full names all the time. I would recommend this book
Donna
This book kept me guessing until the last chapter. However, I'm finding Lisa Jackson's themes to be somewhat repetitive. I was hoping for something fresh and new as the series continues. The lead female characters in her New Orleans series so far seem to be somewhat disappointing. She tries to present them as smart, strong, independent women, but instead these women come across as stubborn and reckless. Also, the story dragged in some parts, making it unnecessarily long. Perhaps some better edit ...more
SUE CORRELL
Great

As always a great story with so many ups and downs it keeps your interest! I love all Lisa's books and look forward to the next one.
Robin
Good plot and I like the characters except for the daughter who I'd like to strangle. I'd of probably given it a five is not for the brat.

• The Dying Game (Griffin Powell, #7)
  • The Kill (Predator Trilogy, #3)
  • You Can't Hide (Romantic Suspense, #5)
  • Dead Wrong (Dead #1)
  • Ghost Walk  (Harrison Investigation, #2)
  • Touching Evil (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #4)
Lisa Jackson and her sister, Nancy Bush, grew up in a small timber town in Oregon. She attended Oregon State University and later worked in the banking industry.
In 1983, Jackson's first novel, A Twist of Fate, was published by Silhouette Books. Currently, Jackson writes contemporary romantic suspense novels for Kensington Books and medieval romantic suspense novels for Onyx Books. Her books regul
More about Lisa Jackson...

New Orleans (8 books)
  • Hot Blooded (New Orleans #1)
  • Shiver (New Orleans #3)
  • Absolute Fear (New Orleans, #4)
  • Lost Souls (New Orleans, #5)
  • Malice (New Orleans, #6)
  • Devious (New Orleans, #7)
  • Never Die Alone (New Orleans, #8)
Absolute Fear (New Orleans, #4) Malice (New Orleans, #6) Almost Dead (San Francisco, #2) Chosen To Die (To Die, #2) Left To Die (To Die, #1)