Start by marking “Three Men Seeking Monsters: Six Weeks in Pursuit of Werewolves, Lake Monsters, Giant Cats, Ghostly Devil Dogs & Ape-men” as Want to Read:

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  103 ratings  ·  14 reviews
They sought out the strange.
They investigated the inexplicable.
They had one hell of a hangover.

On an odyssey of oddities that would take them all to the very limits of their imagination (and inebriation), bestselling author Nick Redfern teamed up with professional monster-hunters Jonathan Downes and Richard Freeman. For six weeks in the summer of 2001, the intrepid-yet
Published March 2nd 2004 by Gallery Books (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Three Men Seeking Monsters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three Men Seeking Monsters

American Gods by Neil GaimanLet the Right One In by John Ajvide LindqvistAmong the Shrouded by Amalie JahnDivine Temptation by Nicki ElsonCoraline by Neil Gaiman
Not The "Normal" Paranormal
439th out of 750 books — 985 voters
Tagged by Joseph M. ChironIt Lives in The Basement by Sahara FoleyPet Sematary by Stephen KingNight Shift by Stephen King'Salem's Lot by Stephen King
Scariest Books to Read in the Dark
99th out of 102 books — 123 voters

More lists with this book...

Jami
Jun 17, 2015 Jami rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: trash
This book is stupid to the extreme. Only anti-vaxxer nonsense is worse than this.

Let me spoil it for you. Three men, drunk all the time (and openly admitting to it) travel all over looking for various cryptids. And of course, because they're drunk to the point where they're likely to hallucinate, the find them! The author ends up with the fundamentalist "Christian" conclusion that all aliens, Big Foot, Nessie, etc are demons out for our eternal souls. Though from the way these three drink, their
Robert Bennett
This wasn't an awful book but the description is pretty misleading. It is really more a description of three decidedly odd Brits who take a road trip to drink and, incidentally, do a very cursory investigation of some local legends.

Not creepy at all and more humor than horror but not in a particularly great way. If you can find the book for a good price it's worth a read but I wouldn't ever be likely to read it again and I'm a voracious re-reader.

The book just didn't seem to click with me on any
Joseph
Immensely readable in a very pulpy sort of way.

First off, don't read this book for deep meaning or understanding about the mysteries of Fortean Zoology. This is Nick Redfern writing for himself. Nick is naive in a very good-natured sort of way, who believes wholeheartedly in conspiracies and paranormal explanations for even some of his most mundane experiences.

This is a story of three friends who share a love for the unknown and unexplained, who decide to take a one and done trip throughout Eng
Emily
There were several parts of this book that were laugh-out-loud funny and a couple that were scary enough to made me move to a well-lit room with other people. The whole premise of the book, that our world is inhabited by Cormons - demons from another dimension- that appear to us as phantom cats, Bigfoot, sea monsters and ape-men and feed on our fear, is really creepy. Really, really creepy. However, the fact that the three sat down to a breakfast of eggs, bacon and sliced tomatoes is pointless a ...more
D.J.
Gave up halfway through. I don't know how a book about three guys chasing monsters becomes tedious, but it really, truly was.
Amanda O'dell
Feb 11, 2009 Amanda O'dell rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone intrigued by the occult or cryptozoology
A humorous and very earnest (if not scientific) account of three guys who backpack across England, investigating various paranormal stories. It's been years since I read it, but the story about the witch still stands out in my head as being thoroughly creepy.
David Bales
A weird journey from a frequent contributor to Fortean Times who travels around Britain looking for "monsters", aliens, anomalous big cats and "other" strange things, but mostly just sits in a pub with his mates getting hammered.
Rob Addams
Brilliant! A fascinating tale of three blokes travelling around the UK in search of, well, monsters. The author explains the journey in depth which allows you to really immerse yourself in their six week trip.
Colin Ward
One of my favourite books ever, makes you laugh one minute, then sends shivers down your spine the next.

Makes me want to get out there and find out what it really is that goes bump in the night!
Gina Sandoval
Interesting read and real quick. It's a humorous book filled with interesting bits of lore and myths, or truths possible depending how you look at it.
Faith Bicknell-Brown
This one is good, but not as good as his others. It moved slowly and dealt more with his friends, imho, than it did searching for monsters.
Nadine
Not what I expected, but very funny parts. Boy they like to drink alot :)
Cole Bellon
This is funny, intriguing and spooky. Lots of fun!
Michael
This book is hilarious and compelling.
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2015
Cassie
Cassie marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Athina Stockman
Athina Stockman marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
David Brown
David Brown marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Irene
Irene marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Travis
Travis marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
5612029
Nick Redfern is a British best-selling author, Ufologist and Cryptozoologist who has been an active advocate of official disclosure, and has worked to uncover thousands of pages of previously-classified Royal Air Force, Air Ministry and Ministry of Defence files on UFOs dating from the Second World War from the Public Record Office.

He has has appeared on a variety of television programmes in the
More about Nick Redfern...
The Real Men in Black: Evidence, Famous Cases & True Stories of These Mysterious Men & their Connection to UFO Phenomena Keep Out! Top Secret Places Governments Don't Want You to Know about The Pyramids & the Pentagon: The Government's Top Secret Pursuit of Mystical Relics, Ancient Astronauts & Lost Civilizations Memoirs of a Monster Hunter: A Five-Year Journey in Search of the Unknown There's Something in the Woods