Start by marking “Harvey Comics Classics, Vol. 2: Richie Rich” as Want to Read:
Harvey Comics Classics, Vol. 2: Richie Rich

Harvey Comics Classics, Vol. 2: Richie Rich (Harvey Comics Classics #2)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Move over Uncle Scrooge! The richest character in comic book history is about to get his due. Harvey Comics' original creation Richie Rich, the Poor Little Rich Boy, represented the fantasies of every comic book-loving kid growing up in the 1960s and 70s. Now, Dark Horse is delighted to present the ultimate tribute to the boy who has everything - and we mean everything! Th ...more
Published November 6th 2007 by Dark Horse Comics (first published October 31st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Harvey Comics Classics, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Harvey Comics Classics, Vol. 2

Andy
Jun 25, 2008 Andy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: harvey comics fans
Nobody likes a rich kid unless he's Richie Rich. The artwork and stories are cute and it's always fun to see what weird contraptions Richie pays for in each story. I like his friends Freckles and Pee-Wee, and let's face it, his girlfriend Gloria's kinda hot for a little nubbin'.
Richie's always giving shit away, it's nice to know as long as he's making money he has enough to give away.
Kim
Highlights/Notes:

Richie Rich began in 1952 as a backup strip in Little Dot #1. It wasn't until 1960 that Richie finally merited his own title. Steven Muffatti drew the earlier strips. The comic was mainly drawn by Warren Kremer, Ernie Colon and Sid Couchy.

Part 1: The Golden Years

"The Dancing Lessons", Little Dot #1, in color: Richie Rich sneaks out of dance lessons to play baseball and uses his dance skills to outfight a bully.

"The Big Race", LD #3, in color: Richie sabotoges his own soap box
Reza
I was a huge Richie Rich fan growing up. My brother-in-law had a giant collection of Richie Rich, Uncle Scrooge, and some of the other Disney comics and I read them religiously. The collection was likely from the later 70s-early 80s and had some of the spinoff comics that went with it. So I was pretty excited when I finally got my paws on this collection and sadly I was disappointed.

The art is great, though you really cannot go wrong using the original plates, so that's not the issue. Rather I s
Paul
Oct 10, 2007 Paul rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: comics
A masterpiece. I'm not even kidding. One of my dark secrets is that when my Mom threw away my comics bitd, it wasn't a bunch of classic DC and Marvel books that were hitting the trash can--it was this stuff. Story after story in here tickled synapes that hadn't fired since 1973. And Richie comes off as just as much of a punk as he did when I was reading these comics for the first time; then as now, I want to roll with Reginald Van Dough. Is Reggie ashamed of being rich? Hell no! If Freckles and ...more
Tina
Aku baca buku cerita Richie Rich waktu masih kelas 3 SD. Aku lupa cover bukunya kayak apa, dan kayaknya dulu itu versi komik. Tapi dulu aku suka sekali buku ini...cukup menghibur...
Rebecca
Harvey comics have the best art. Big thick black lines thin fluid fine lines. Most of this book is black and white. The art is so stylized it doesn't need color to sell it.
Ori
Apr 08, 2008 Ori rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: komik
udah lama bgt baca buku ini,msh kecil bgt deh,ga tau sekarang bukunya kemana..:)suka bgt ma richie,masih ada yg jual ga ya???
Mark Arnold
More of the same good stuff like in the Casper book.
Sisca tuning
lucky boy...p-hew...
Skip
Skip marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Marc
Marc added it
Jan 31, 2015
JGG
JGG marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
Malones
Malones marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Hesyandi Ebest
Hesyandi Ebest marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Zwan N'd joe kiibum'bum
Zwan N'd joe kiibum'bum marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2014
Talie Sheridan
Talie Sheridan marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2013
Adrian
Adrian added it
Aug 14, 2013
Ismael Schonhorst
Ismael Schonhorst marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2013
S.ray
S.ray marked it as to-read
May 27, 2013
Robby Parker
Robby Parker marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2013
Aish Anezaki
Aish Anezaki marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2013
Winsenhuang
Winsenhuang marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2013
Vita
Vita marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »

Harvey Comics Classics (5 books)
  • Harvey Comics Classics, Vol. 1: Casper