Breaking Point (I-Team, #5)

Breaking Point (I-Team #5)

4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·  rating details  ·  6,053 ratings  ·  534 reviews

Published May 1st 2011 by Penguin Group (USA)

To ask other readers questions about Breaking Point, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breaking Point

Blacky *Romance Addict*

*re-read, July 7th, 2013.*

Forgotten about you?” He caught her chin, forced her to make eye contact, his gaze flashing anger, then slowly going gentle. “That would never happen. Never.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Oh Zack and I will never forget you too! Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This book was just AMAZING! And I am so incredibly stupid for giving up on this series after book one. So, so, so very stupid
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The story

On the way to a journalism convention in Mexico, Natalie's bus gets stopped by the Zetas, and they kill every Mexican reporter on it, while...more
UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine...

You don't want to miss this!!! For a VERY limited time - Buy the Kindle version of BREAKING POINT for just $1.99 and get the AUDIBLE version for only $3.99!

Amazon: www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point-I-Team-...

Books like Breaking Point are the reason Pamela Clare is my favorite Romantic Suspense author. Yes, I know I sound like a broken record, but it’s true, and this latest installment of the I-Team series only further solidifies her place of honor in this genre. The story is action packed from the...more
 Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~*
Mar 21, 2011 Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any Romance Lover, Especially of Great and HOT Romantic Suspense
5+ Stars! - Also reviewed at: Lady Jayne's Reading Den

(**SPOILER FREE** – Only plot points from the product description are mentioned.)

***BREAKING NEWS ON BREAKING POINT***

28 February 2011, Australia

ARC OF BREAKING POINT PUSHES I-TEAM-OHOLIC OVER THE NAKED EDGE?

An avid reader of Pamela Clare’s books and self-confessed “I-Team-oholic” , Lady Jayne, is one of the luckiest people on earth to have received an advanced copy of Ms. Clare’s latest thrilling instalment, through the Mission of Mercy AR

Shawna
5+ stars – Romantic Suspense

Thoughts Before Reading:

HOLY @#$%*&@%^%@!!!! What a studtastically smokin' HOT cover hunk!! Y-O-W-Z-A!!

Mama likey! I just wanna lick up all that dirt! *naughty grin*

Thoughts After Reading:

There are 5-star reads, and then there are 5+ star reads, and Breaking Point is definitely the latter. Pamela Clare is one of my top favorite authors, and her I-Team series is without a doubt one of the very best in romantic suspense. There are numerous reasons why that is: the...more
Auntee
Apr 29, 2011 Auntee rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the series; fans of romantic suspense
Breaking Point does not disappoint! Pamela Clare is on a roll with her I-Team series, and she's got everything right with this one, delivering a top-notch romantic suspense.

Starting with that cover (*thump-thump*), the brave beautiful heroine, the sexy, fearless hero, the suspenseful plot (filled with enough twists and turns to keep you guessing), the sadistic, depraved villain, the fiery, white-hot romance, the cliff-hanger ending...what's not to love...did I leave anything out?

Our heroine, 27-...more
♡Karlyn P♡
Now this is one time when you CAN judge a book by its cover! Breaking Point was HOT, sexy and even a little bit dirty. {{wink, wink!}}

The I-Team is hands down my favorite romance suspense series for many reasons, but one is how uniquely different the stories are from each the other. If you haven't found this series yet, the common thread is that each heroine works as an investigative reporter for the Denver Independent newspaper, and each story takes one of these ladies on a high octane adventu...more
Karla
ON SALE - $1.99! Plus...if you buy the ebook at Amazon you get the audio book for only $3.99 which you DO NOT WANT TO MISS!! Kaleo Griffith's narration is PHENOMENAL!! I loved loved loved this book when I first read it, but listening to it on audio is like an out of body experience. You are literally hurled into the story! I highly recommend that you do not listen to this in public...you'll embarrass yourself by moaning out loud...or while driving...accident waiting to happen!!! Have a misting f...more
KatLynne
WOW!! This was such an amazing book that it is way above a 5 star rating! -- Crème-de-la-Crème --

I was so moved by the poignant and beautifully written dedication of this book that I must include it here in my review…
“This book is dedicated to the hundreds of murdered and missing women of Ciudad Juarez, Mexico. You were brutalized and discarded like you didn’t matter. But the earth received your tears, your blood, your bones and, like a bereaved mother, the earth itself cries out for justice. Ma...more
MelissaB
Breaking Point was an exciting story with a good romance. Natalie Benoit is a reporter on the same I-team (Investigative reporting team) as the previous heroines in this series. She travels to Ciudad Juarez, Mexico for a journalist convention, where she is kidnapped from a bus full of reporters, some of whom are killed in front of her. She is taken to a compound where she is locked in a cell next to the man who will change her life – Zach McBride, an undercover U.S. Marshall. Zach was betrayed b...more
Buggy
Opening Line: “Natalie Benoit watched the streets of Ciudad Juárez roll by the outside of the bus window, wishing the driver would turn up the air-conditioning.”

5+ stars!! You know those books that within the very first page, you can just tell you’re going to fall in love. It’s the right book at the right time and you get that excited feeling as you try to figure out how you can squeeze a couple more hours of interrupted reading into your day. Well you’ve found it.

Yeah Pamela Clare has outdone...more
Julie James
Yep, I ditched my book club book mid-way to start this one...

Edited to add: ... and I'm so glad I did!! The same thing happened when I was reading Naked Edge--at a certain point in the story, it became impossible to put the book down. Loved the camaraderie between the heroes from prior I-Team books. I'm particularly intrigued by this Marc Hunter character...

Too bad my book club meets tomorrow and I'm still only halfway through our book. Oops. I blame Pamela Clare. : )
Ren
5 STARS, definitely!

First, I want to say thank you to Pamela Clare for her kindness. First I get Naked Edge from her, now Breaking Point. I can't say much, just..thank you, really, really thank you..

Again, Pamela Clare never disappoint me. Breaking Point, while it's not my favorite ( Unlawful Contact still the best ;) ), but I really love this book. A hero to die for, but even Zach is Deputy U.S.Marshall, the top alpha (and it makes Marc, Julian and Gabe, hero from the previous books, pissed off...more
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
View my fantasy cast on Under the Covers

Oh my stars!!!

It’s official. There is no denying it now. I am a Pamela Clare I-Team FANATIC!!! And when I say this, I am admitting to thinking of nothing else other than the I-Team series for almost 10 days straight. Pamela and her I-Team series shot straight to the top of my all-time favourites list, standing proudly next to my Ward, Cole, Singh and Kleypas keeper shelves! With a short list of books she has released, Clare has become my newest auto-buy...more
Kathleen
Pamela Clare just keeps whipping out these AMAZING stories. Every time I finish one I think how can she possibly top this and then she does it again. What a thrill ride Breaking Point was for me, not a boring moment to be had.

This book just like all the rest in the series had, great story, danger, action, suspense all rolled in with emotional moments. I shed a few tears here and there while reading. There was quite a bit of violence but that just made the story grab me even more.

With every book...more
Rach  *Feisty kitty*
LOVED LOVED LOVED IT <3 <3 <3

Zach was AMAZINGLY hot!!

There was constant action and a fast paced storyline

The scene's when Zach and Natalie together were wickedly hot

It is definitely a romance suspense story I would recommend. Even though you can (in my opinion) read these books as stand alones I do recommend that you read book 4 before this one as Gabe the main guy from book 4 is mentioned in this one and it would help you to put his story in context :)

Buddy read with Blacky- Thank you...more
Beanbag Love
I'm glad I read most of this book in the privacy of my own home because I would have been very embarrassed by my eyes bugging out, my gasps of horror, my exclamations of "no!", "don't!", "hurry!", and then there would be the utter humiliation of the drooling. Can't have that.

Breaking Point is the fifth in Pamela Clare's "I-Team" series and it's a great installment that might be one of the top romantic suspense stories of the year. I know, the year's not even half over but I'm pretty confident. I...more
Zeek
Ok this book starts off with heart-pounding action and doesnt let up till the end. Throw in some steamin hot romance and you got one fantastic contemporary romantic suspense!

Natalie Benoit, a journalist on the elite investigative team for Denver Independent newspaper, took this trip to Juarez Mexico to get away- but instead she heads straight into danger when the bus she's riding is ambushed by local thugs.

Unsure of what's going on, she rapidly goes from fear to horrified shock as everyone on t...more
Steffi
Jul 12, 2011 Steffi rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone...who could not love this book??
Shelves: suspense, favourites
5 +++ stars for Breaking Point

WOW....Pamela Clare has outdone herself yet again. It seems every new book in the I-Team series is better than the last and still every single one is incredibly precious and special.

In Breaking Point we get to hear Natalie's and Zach's story. On a trip to Mexico, Ciudad Juárez, to meet fellow journalists, Natalie gets kidnapped. When she finds herself in a small, dark cell and all seems lost, she hears the one voice that will help her get back her freedom and th...more
ßk☼lvr
*** Listened to audiobook ***

5 SUPER-DUPER SEXY STARS FOR US MARSHALL ZACH McBRIDE...

AND KALEO "READING" ZACH McBRIDE!!!

ZACH IS TOTALLY AWESOME, WHEN HE'S NOT BEING SEXY, SNEAKY, TOUGH, AND BADASS...WHICH IS, OF COURSE...AWESOME!!! AND NATALIE IS ONE MAJOR TOUGH COOKIE!!! I ABSOLUTELY ENJOYED THE HECK OUT OF BOTH OF THEM! [my updates say everything]

IN THE BEGINNING, I WAS ALL...
OH NO, THEY DID NOT JUST DO THAT!!

THEN DURING THE MIDDLE, I WAS LIKE...
OMG! OMG! HURRY! OMG!

AND BY THE END...

SORRY FOR
~J~ Riverina Romantics
More information available at: http://riverinaromantics.blogspot.com...

I am speechless and honestly don’t know where to start with my review.

After reading the first 4 books in the I-Team series I have come to absolutely adore Pamela Clare. Apart from her ability to write a fabulous novel my interactions with her have shown me that she is an equally fabulous lady. Kind, considerate and loving she is also mind blowingly brilliant.

Breaking Point was floorless. Utterly brilliant and enthralling fro...more
Rhonda

Pamela Clare’s stories are like the most decadent piece chocolate. I savored each word of every page thoroughly. Ms. Clare is a gifted wielder of words, spinning a story with suspense, intrigue, sexy heroes, strong heroines, and emotion I feel in my heart as well as my tear ducts. Ms. Clare has provided me with many hours of reading pleasure, novels that I could continue to read long after the last page. This story is no different, it is exactly the kind of novel I have come to expect from her....more
Lady Heather

First read May 20-26, 2011

*sigh*...is it done already?
Another great action-packed, thrilling, sexy-as-hell story from Ms. Clare featuring my favorite investigative reporters "The I-Team".
I LOVED THIS STORY! Loved the characters, and the story line.... only sad thing is that Kara and Reese seem to be less involved as the series continues (their story is what got me hooked in the first place).
Zach McBride is well....AMAZING!!! ... and Nathalie is a perfect match for him!
I love the strength, int...more
Quinn
I swear, Pamela Clare cannot write a bad book. Why this talented author is not writing books full time is beyond me - and on a note of pure selfishness, incredibly disappointing. And that is the only time you will hear the word 'disappointing' come out of my mouth (or fingers, as it were) in connection with Ms. Clare.

Breaking Point was possibly the I-Team series' most gritty and action-packed book to date. You can tell that the author knows her stuff, and researches her locations and scenarios e...more
Kim_bab
perang bintang memperebutkan aku

CONGRATZ FOR MR DARCANGELO you have stolen my heart. i am yours
(==> in my dream T_T) !!!

Ana
I-Team is one of my favourite romantic suspense series and this book is a worthy addition to the series.

Natalie's life has definitely taken a sharp turn. While on a conference in Mexico she is kidnapped by members of a drug cartel. Luckily for her she has an ally in the prison - Zach. He is probably a criminal himself, but he is a good guy, a guy that could help her escape and take her home.

Zach is actually an U.S. Marshall whose assignment is to bust the before mentioned drug cartel, but he can...more
Maldivianbookreviewer
5+ Stars Addition to the I-Team Series

Oh...my...stars!
In the words of our heroine Natalie Benoit, that about sums up this delectable addition to the already 5-star plus I-Team series by Pamela Clare, in which each individual book in this series has rocked my world in so many ways. The 5th installment in the series has been a much awaited one by the thousands of fans of this series all over the world and it wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that I have been on tenterhooks ever since Ms. Clare...more
Mitzi
Breaking PointWOW…..FANTASTIC BOOK!!! I DIDN’T WANT IT TO END!!!

There are so many great reviews, I’ll not add another…..But I would like to say Congratulations to Pamela! You have outdone yourself once again and your books just get better and better and better!!! You are one terrific author!!!
 ✿Alyssa✿
This review was posted at My Secret Romance

To sum it up: While investigating border violence in Ciudad Juárez, Mexico, Denver journalist Natalie Benoit is caught in a bloody ambush and taken captive. Alone in the hands of ruthless killers, she will need every ounce of courage she possesses to survive.

Betrayed by another operative, Deputy U.S. Marshal Zach McBride has endured a week of torture and interrogation at the hands of a bloodthirsty Mexican drug cartel. Ready to give his life if he must...more
Crista
100% PURE ADRENALINE!!!!!!

All readers of Ms. Clare understand her awesome talent, but in Breaking Point, she outdoes herself. This book grabs you from the very first page and takes you on the ride of your life!

With Mexican drug cartels making headlines lately, this is a very timely book. The dedication at the beginning of the book reminds you that while Breaking Point is fiction, drug cartel violence and crimes are very, very real!

The first half of this book surrounds the capture, imprisonment,...more
Lynsey A
Oh, how I did not want this book to end. Pamela Clare did it again! She is one spectacular writer. The way she can bring such emotion to the reader is phenomenal. My heart was racing in this one from the very beginning. What both Zach and Natalie went through was horrifying yet showed each of the strengths.

Visiting with some of my favorite characters from the previous books was so fun. I love the dynamic between Marc and Julian. I think one of my favorite lines is right after Marc, Gabe and Joaq...more
  • With No Remorse (Black Ops, #6)
  • Sweet Justice (Last Chance Rescue, #7)
  • Face of Danger (The Guardian Angelinos, #3)
  • Relentless (Suspense Series, #4)
  • On Thin Ice (Ice, #6)
  • Hide from Evil (Dead Wrong, #2)
  • A Kiss to Kill (Passion For Danger, #3)
  • Deadly Lies (Deadly, #3)
  • Midnight Angel (Midnight, #3)
USA Today best-selling author Pamela Clare began her writing career as a columnist and investigative reporter and eventually became the first woman editor-in-chief of two different newspapers. Along the way, she and her team won numerous state and national honors, including the First Amendment Award and the National Journalism Award for Public Service. This year, she was honored by the Colorado Pr...more
More about Pamela Clare...
Extreme Exposure (I-Team, #1) Hard Evidence (I-Team, #2) Unlawful Contact (I-Team, #3) Naked Edge (I-Team, #4) Skin Deep (I-Team, #5.5)

“If you die, angel, it means I'm already dead.” 85 likes
“He held up the AK-47, the muscles in his arm bunching against the weight. “This is an assault rifle.” Then held up the handgun. “This is a semi-automatic pistol.”
Then he gave a little thrust of his hips and looked down at his penis. “That is my gun. As you’ve discovered, it’s pumpaction like a shotgun , but it doesn’t fire bullets.”
54 likes