Start by marking “Away Laughing on a Fast Camel: Even More Confessions of Georgia Nicolson” as Want to Read:
Away Laughing on a Fast Camel: Even More Confessions of Georgia Nicolson

Away Laughing on a Fast Camel: Even More Confessions of Georgia Nicolson (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson #5)

4.07  ·  Rating Details  ·  15,946 Ratings  ·  352 Reviews
Bedroom 7:00 p.m. Georgia Nicolson Crap House Crapton-on-Sea Crapshire Crapland Just when the Sex God becomes Georgia' s official boyfriend, he decides to go off and snog sheep in Kiwi-a-gogo land, taking her heart with him. Georgia decides to display extreme glaciosity to all boys -- after all, a girl can only have her heart broken so many times.

Until, ohmygiddygodstrouse
Published May 25th 2004 by Harper Collins Canada (first published January 3rd 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Away Laughing on a Fast Camel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Away Laughing on a Fast Camel

Zoë
Jun 20, 2015 Zoë rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not much happened, but I still really enjoyed it. Georgia is starting to get a bit older and her "boy entrancing" plans are just getting wilder and funnier! I love how quick and funny these books are with their odd slang and Georgia's schemes and I can't wait to read the next one. Thanks to this, I am now fully and truly out of my post-Heir of Fire reading slump!
Tatiana
Jan 15, 2011 Tatiana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, chick-lit, favorites, 2011
Robbie, the Sex God, is off to Kiwi-a-go-go land to snog sheep and write songs good for slitting one's wrists to, and Georgia is full of sadnosity, so much so that she even gets to #8 with Mark Big Gob (good grief!). But do not fear, the new Lurve God is on the horizon - half-Italian/half-American Masimo with a fancy purse in his hand. Let the hunt begin!

Wednesday March 9th
bathroom
8:30 am

Oh fabulous, I have a lurking lurker on my cheek. The painters are due in this week and that is probably why
Kiera Beddes
Genre: teenage angst, coming of age, relationships, etc
Summary: more confessions, same story, same characters. Oh, excuse me, there is a new character, Massimo, the new lead singer of the Stiff Dylans. Of course, he's creamy dreamy, of course Georgia falls madly in love, but whenever she is around him, all she can think of is...nothing. Her mind goes out the window. Fortunately, Dave the Laugh is there to coach her in the ways of getting a man. And of course, whenever they are together, they mus
Heather
Oct 06, 2009 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009, ya
The hilariosity continues as Georgia attempts to wade through her sham of a life and broken heartidness. Just when she begins to fear that she will have to become a lezzie, Georgia meets the Italian Stallion, Masimo, new lead singer of the Stiff Dylans. After three books, Away laughing on a fast camel takes readers back to Angus's roots with laugh out loud wit and charm.

In this installment, Georgia will have make you laugh till you cry with boy entrancer fiascos, mounting up to number 8, and wit
Sofia
4 stars

Goodreads description: The tres bon and marvy heroine of Louise Rennison's Confessions of Georgia Nicolson series returns in this fifth fab diary that's sure to get fans cheering -- Italian-American style! This time around, Georgia's lamenting the Sex God's departure to Kiwi A-go-go Land, and she's sure that her mouth will seal shut from lack of snogging. (Robbie's boring letter doesn't help her spirits, either.) But when Robbie's old band, the S
Alexa Vazquez
Oct 01, 2014 Alexa Vazquez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Have you ever wondered how it is to be in high school with all the drama and comedy? Away Laughing On A Fast Camel by Louise Rennison is a book filled with both drama and comedy. This realistic fiction book is great if you love to hear secrets only best friends will know.

In the story Georgia Nicolson is always hanging out in her room. She's always thinking up ideas on how to get the likes to like her. She comes up with the craziest ideas like putting on fake eyelashes and tons of glue on them th
Jordyn!
Oct 25, 2009 Jordyn! rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hilary
Fabbity Fab! It is fun to spend time with Georgia, as always!! I enjoyed this installment just as much as the previous ones, if not more! This series reads like episodes of a light hearted sitcom. Some of the situations that Georgia gets herself into are full of hilariosity, but still very believable. The writing is just very easy to read, and just FUN! This one ended with a cliff hanger (again) and more of a cliff hanger than usual, in my opinion. I already have book 6 lined up. I don't usually ...more
Jay
I'm getting old, aren't I? I can tell this would be the sort of book I probably would have enjoyed if I were ten years younger, but, uh, I think I'm just too old now.

I think it's the style of the book and the language that threw me. For one thing, the book is written in a diary style (March 1st 1:15 PM, April 5th 12:15 AM and so on), but it's also written as though it's occurring at that moment. So is Georgia just whipping out her diary at every moment or what? How incredibly annoying. Furtherm
Mindy
Feb 26, 2014 Mindy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, read-2014
Actual rating = 3.5 stars

I enjoy this series. This one seemed to return to what I found fun in the first two books of the series. Georgia and her group of friends crack me up, however, the funniest character is her cat Angus.
Christina
Amanda
Mar 21, 2008 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is such an incredibly funny and honest series of books. Even on the re-read I found myself laughing out loud at parts. It is intriguing that a heroine as self-centered as Georgia can be so endearing, but it's hard not to love her even when she is acting an utter prat. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a quick read and an easy laugh.
Carly
Aug 22, 2008 Carly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: MJ
I checked this out from the library only to take a glance at the first page and realize I had already read it. These Georgia Nicolson books are like malted milk balls. They're delicious, but you forget how many you've eaten because they all taste the same.
Primadonna
Jan 06, 2012 Primadonna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teenlit-ya
Hilarious!

Georgia is a selfish brat yet I can't help laughing at her view about the world.

Indonesian translator has done a good job. Thanks to her, I use the words "departemen pipis nipis", "nunga-nunga", "put-put", "centil pentil" daily.

Kat
Dec 18, 2009 Kat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The sex god has flown off to 'kiwi-a-go-go' land, and Georgia is all alone. Well...all alone surrounded by fitties. Now that Robbie's gone, Georgia feels bored and heartbroken. But it doesn't take long before she explores her options with other boys. Dave the Laugh's got a new girlfriend named Rachel. But he continues to make Georgia's lips crave a snog and some lip-nibbling. And now there's Masimo, the new lead singer for The Stiff Dylans and an Italian hottie who makes Georgia go all jelloid.

B
Nicole-Anne Keyton
This fifth installment in the hilarious Confessions of Georgia Nicolson series is yet another brilliant burst of "hilariosity", filled with classic teenage girl troubles, the suffix "-osity" that follows words like "wisdom" and "hilarious", British slang, and boys. Although Georgia thinks poorly of herself and is always putting herself down about her beauty, she still manages to attract numerous boys, and she often ends up in a "snog-fest". This annoys me greatly because there are girls who thin ...more
Marija
Jun 14, 2011 Marija rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-mg, contemporary
Oh boy! The pairing of Molto Masimo and the Robin Reliant—Mr. Bean’s car nemesis—is so wacky and crazy. How bleak can these stories get? It’s perfect! I love reading about all of the love troubles in this book. Even Angus isn’t safe and has to fight for “Naomi against her new suitor, Manky… [Naomi’s new] bit of rougher.”

Favorite moment:

“So my eyes stayed shut. They were glued together. I kept trying to open my eyes but couldn’t. In sheer desperadoes I said, ‘Oh I love this one.’ And started wobb
Maricarmen
Feb 10, 2015 Maricarmen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"pwwwwaaaooorr"
Kris - My Novelesque Life
3 STARS

"Brilliantly funny, teenage angst author Louise Rennison's fifth book about the confessions of crazy but lovable Georgia Nicolson. Louise will be a star on the HarperCollins teenage list."11.20a.m. This is my fabulous life: the Sex God left for Whakatane last month and he has taken my heart with him. 11.25a.m. Not literally of course otherwise there would be a big hole in my nunga nungas. 11.28a.m. And also I would be dead. Which quite frankly would be a blessing in disguise. 12.00p.m. It
Julie Decker
Aug 17, 2014 Julie Decker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Poor Georgia. Her boyfriend went to New Zealand and then broke up with her long distance, so she's heartbroken and convinced she will Never Love Again. It's awfully difficult to keep up her cold shoulder when Robbie's replacement in the band, Masimo, appears and begins to flirt with her. She can hardly believe her luck, but is this actually what she wants? He's delicious! But! What's a girl with the Cosmic Horn to do?

This one was particularly funny to me--more so than the previous ones, though I
Ruth Colclough
Jun 01, 2008 Ruth Colclough rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any Girl From My Age To About Seventeen.
Recommended to Ruth by: I Just Found A Book My Luoise Rennison And Seen As They Are all
Shelves:
This Book Is Amazing, You Can Really Relate To It, And She Is Just Like an Ordinary Girl , Like the Same Age As Me And My Friends, And It Is Soooo Funny, I Would Definately Give It Six Stars Out Of Five, All Of The Louise Rennisons Are Amazing, Especially Knocked Out By My Nunga Nunga's.
Hannah
More reviews can be found here

I am in love with Masimo's character.

Angus and Gordon.

Masimo.

Woah, Georgia's becoming a bit, bit.... Chavvy

Masimo

Wet Lindsay is a b. Back off.

Masimo
Annabel
Mar 27, 2015 Annabel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this as a pre-teen and loved it - it ended up completely tattered because I'd re-read it so many times! Interestingly I didn't enjoy the other Rennison 'Georgia Nicolson' novels so much, and I can't really put my finger on why. This one had me laughing out loud though, and as a pre-teen it was kind of educational (ha!) It got me thinking about boys and social situations and that sort of thing anyway!

The best thing about this sort of book for a young adult is that they enjoy them, which de
Natalie Hennessy
3/5 stars. Nothing too big happened other than the usual shenanigans and meeting a new guy that Georgia is swooning over.
Cristi-Lael
Still enjoying this series. I'm not sure how keen I am on Masimo, though. I'm still team Dave the Laugh. :)
Christina Wilder
Dec 29, 2012 Christina Wilder rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, humor
YA needs more characters like Georgia.
sam
3.5 Stars!

Fifth book is down! I feel like doing a party every time I finish one of these books, just because Georgia makes me. I laugh a lot in this one, but not as much as last one, poo. But comparing this to the others, this one is the biggest and it occur so many things that it is understandable that it isn't so a joke. BUT I still laugh.

"We liberated the anatomy skeleton from the blodge lab and put "Fatty," as we call him, in science overalls. We sat him at the back in between me and Rosie.
Candy Boisvert
Jun 19, 2008 Candy Boisvert rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Girly girls
Title: Away laughing on a fast camel
Author: Louise Rennison