Money and Marriage: A Complete Guide for Engaged and Newly Married Couples

Money and Marriage: A Complete Guide for Engaged and Newly Married Couples

3.29 of 5 stars 3.29  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Newlyweds quickly discover that money is a big deal in their new marriage. Getting on the same financial page is essential because research shows that the more frequently a couple fights about finances, the more likely they are to divorce. Financial expert Matt Bell shows you how to make the most of each other's financial strengths, teaching you how to work together to bui...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published March 14th 2011)

Camilla
As soon as a book starts talking about how God views money, it's lost me. The first chapter ends with God's idea about money as set down in the Bible, and God's plan for you and your money. Nah. I'll take my personal finance advice without the religion, thanks.
Bob Hayton
Money and Marriage: these two words go together for better or worse. Now as ever, more marriages fall apart over money than for almost any other reason. Even for those Christian couples who are determined to not even think about divorce, money adds an incredible amount of stress and pressure onto their new life together.

My experience is similar. We started out our marriage with a debt problem that got worse, and many of our trials have been related to financial pressures. By God's grace, we have...more
Michelle Padrelanan
I really appreciate Money & Marriage by Matt Bell. Despite having been married for 16 years, I realized that my husband and I have not had a really good long talk about money before we got married. We came into marriage having the wrong concepts about budget, savings, debts, tithes. I saw where we made mistakes in the past.

Money and Marriage is a great book to read and refer to especially for engaged couples or those who are just married. The first par of the book is filled with tough questi...more
Sara
Everyone who is married knows that money is a big deal within a marriage. Financial problems are frequently the cause of marital strife and even divorce. In “Money & Marriage,” Matt Bell takes engaged or newly married couples through some basic steps to ensure financial stability and also to find a common ground within the marriage when it comes to money. Many topics are discussed, including how to prioritize financial goals, getting out of debt, saving, and buying a house.

Read my review of...more
Becki
Great book and easy to understand!
Davidjohnson
Davidjohnson marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Russ
Russ marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Mary Ellen
Mary Ellen marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2014
Dae
Dae added it
Jan 02, 2014
Sharolyn
Sharolyn marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2013
Himanshu Govindani
Himanshu Govindani marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2013
Bufo Calvin
Bufo Calvin marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2013
Amber B
Amber B marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2013
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2013
Darlene
Darlene marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2013
Andre
Andre is currently reading it
Jul 14, 2013
Kelly Davis
Kelly Davis marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2013
Tina Scott
Tina Scott marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2013
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2013
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2013
Edward Mwanzivi
Edward Mwanzivi marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2013
Danleemz
Danleemz marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2012
Vincent
Vincent marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Matt Bell is the author of How They Were Found, a collection of fiction from Keyhole Press. His fiction has been anthologized in Best American Mystery Stories 2010 and Best American Fantasy 2. He is also the editor of The Collagist and can be found online at www.mdbell.com.
More about Matt Bell...
In the House Upon the Dirt Between the Lake and the Woods How They Were Found Cataclysm Baby The Collectors Wolf Parts