The Next to Die

The Next to Die

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  269 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Everyone Has Something To Hide. . .The virile, all-American husband. The brainy golden girl. The happily-wed bi-coastal couple.

Someone Is Watching. . .

Someone who has uncovered their darkest secrets. Someone who is hell-bent on making them pay for their sins. . .

No One Suspects The Truth. . .

Now there is no escaping the shadowy jury that watches their every move. Infiltrat...more
Published August 1st 2005 by Pinnacle Books (first published May 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Next to Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Next to Die

Christopher Hivner
The Next to Die takes advantage of the considerable animosity in the U.S. between conservatives and liberals. An ultra-conservative group, trying to bring their kind of morality back to the populace, takes it upon themselves to ruin the reputations of actors and musicians who support things like gay rights, gun control and abortion and if that doesn't work, they kill them in very public, very ugly ways.

This is a decent thriller that keeps the action moving and about half way through you have som...more
Mysterious
Mar 27, 2008 Mysterious rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Suzanne
This story is an example when the holier than thou are allowed to pass judgment on those who do not lead a life up to their expectations. Not only are victims killed, some in a very brutal fashion but to add insult to injury their reputation is ruined and broad casted as the new topic on 700 club type TV show.
Not too much mystery, I would say it is more of a suspense thriller. I felt the rather long character list held me back from rating this any higher but I liked it alot.
Patricia
Oct 15, 2012 Patricia rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Bree Kramer! Mystery fans!
Shelves: bp-s-wish-list
This book was pretty darn slow for the first 250-300 pages. It did have a bunch of plot and character building, which I guess is nice. This is one of my favorite authors so no matter how bad the book I will forever love what O'Brien creates! The end brought everything together, answered all questions that I had, and was the only exciting part. Onto the next book. I bought "Vicious" so that is next on the "O'Brien Book" list.
Darcie Morin
I could not put this book down! It is by far my favorite book that I've read this year! He is a master at weaving suspense and thrills but he will leave you guessing through the entire book. Just when you think you've figured out the killer...BAM! He shocks you again! You must read this if you like thrillers!
Joe Hempel
Not what I thought it was going to be...I thought it was going to be a sort of horror story....turns out it was thin thriller about "stars" that have "sinned" according to a certain group, who are out to kill those folks and make this world a better place.

Meh.
Lisa Currier
Not my favorite by this author. The "bad guys" were known from the beginning, it was a matter of how they would be caught. There was still some suspense. The characters were not a likeable as in other books. Still a pretty good read.
Melanie
Great, formulaic who dunnit. Enough twists and turns to stay interesting to the end. I read it on the train to and from NYC. It was a good choice.
Scott
This fellow actually used the word "duel" when he meant "dual". Oh my!
Donna George
Not as good as his others. Skimmed at times
Pat
Great book, very much a page turner.
Mich
Eh. Not in the mood for this type?
Susan
Oct 18, 2010 Susan marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook-under-5
$3.19
Laura Rushford
Laura Rushford marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Stevek
Stevek marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Peter
Peter added it
Aug 15, 2014
Pamela Camper
Pamela Camper marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Tiffany Ertle
Tiffany Ertle marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Jodi Barker
Jodi Barker marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Bullywump
Bullywump marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Joyce
Joyce marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
  • All The Pretty Dead Girls
  • Drop Zone (Drop Zone #1)
  • While Galileo Preys
  • Devil's Keep
  • Victim Six
  • Silent Screams
  • The Holy Bullet (Vaticano, #2)
  • You Can't Stop Me (Crime Seen #1)
  • Man In The Middle (Sean Drummond, #6)
  • Try Fear
  • Shift (Gate of Orpheus Trilogy #1)
  • The Berlin Conspiracy (Jack Teller, #1)
  • The Night Of Knives
  • The Night Spider (Night #3)
  • Damaged (Kate Lange #1)
  • Depths
  • A Knife Edge (Vin Cooper, #2)
  • To The Death (Admiral Arnold Morgan, #10)
Disturbed Vicious Unspeakable Terrified Watch Them Die