Start by marking “Batman Illustrated by Neal Adams, Vol. 3” as Want to Read:
Batman Illustrated by Neal Adams, Vol. 3

Batman Illustrated by Neal Adams, Vol. 3 (Batman Illustrated #3)

The extra-sized final volume collecting Neal Adams' acclaimed covers and stories featuring the Dark Knight This volume includes material featuring Two-Face, the Joker and more members of Batman's famed Rogues Gallery. Plus, two never-before-reprinted stories done for Peter Pan records and a sketchbook section showcasing Adams' advertising and custom comics work with the ...more
Published March 20th 2006 by DC Comics (first published January 11th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Batman Illustrated by Neal Adams, Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Batman Illustrated by Neal Adams, Vol. 3

Michael
Hearing Neal Adams talk about his career on a couple of "Fat Man on Batman" podcasts really piqued my interest in seeing some of more of his art. Luckily we live in the age of Google. But while a Google search can bring up some samples of his art, it's really not the same as reading and viewing the original source material.

Enter two collections of Adams' tenure as the Dark Knight artist from DC.

Of the two, I found the third collection the more interesting one, if only because it includes segmen
Doyle
The digital recoloring on this volume (and the previous two volumes) is terrible and bothered me every time I turned the page. The coloring in the original comics wasn't great either, but it fit the art style much better. The digital recoloring on the covers are not nearly as offensive as the interior story pages, and I suspect they were done by someone else.

The other offender is the incredibly dated dialogue. Granted, I wasn't alive in the late 70s, but I can't imagine anyone of any time ever s
Matthew Hedgecock
Sep 16, 2015 Matthew Hedgecock rated it it was amazing
Now THIS is the volume to pick up. Classic stories featuring Two-Face, Ra's al Ghul and, of course, The Joker's Five-Way revenge. Adams' art is great throughout this collection but when paired with good villains and good writing it becomes truly enduring.
Michael Emond
Oct 30, 2013 Michael Emond rated it really liked it
I bought the other two editions, how could I not buy the third? Although, I do have the best stories in this volume in other forms it was still a treat to get some of the audio books Neal did - even if the stories of these were painfully bad (more on that a bit later). But what you do get is Adam's work on Batman and Ra's al ghul and that alone is worth buying the book and they are the few stories that are worth reading for the stories. The rest is a mixed bag of typical 70's stories, which is ...more
Kevin Mann
Feb 09, 2016 Kevin Mann rated it really liked it
In Volume 3, the writing finally rises up to the level of the ground-breaking Neal Adams art. You have all the Ra's Al Ghul pieces, plus Joker's 5 way revenge, etc, etc, al., so Denny O'Neill was FINALLY hitting full stride after a lot of misfires in volume 2. (I wont hold the two 1976 Power Records "Book & Record set" curiosities/stories Neal wrote against the quality of this TPB, as they were clearly aimed at preschoolers learning to read a book along with a vinyl record being played.) As ...more
Carl Walker
Mar 17, 2014 Carl Walker rated it it was ok
Oh my! A lot of these stories are... not very good. I'd actually read the Batman: Tales of the Demon trade a few years ago so I skipped all the Ra's stuff this time, and that probably didn't help. I would just recommend checking that out (or whatever the latest edition is) because this trade skips a few "tales" not drawn by Adams, and instead you get several "eh" comics and some purported classics that in my opinion are just... not.

Although the "kids read along" books at the end are hilariously
Dave
Aug 29, 2013 Dave rated it really liked it
I became a Batman fan in the early 70's, watching Re-runs of the Adam West TV show. My dad subscribed to the Batman comic book for me, even though I couldn't read at the time(I was 4) Oh do I remember those comics! The artwork! Those covers! Years later I found out Neal Adams was the artist for many of the comics I got in the mail. Issue 244 really stand out in my mind!
This volume has many of those comics in it, along with two "Power Records" comics I had and played ALL THE TIME!
At that time i
Fraser Sherman
Dec 20, 2013 Fraser Sherman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This includes the landmark debut of R'as al Ghul, the reversion of the Joker from bizarre criminal to homicidal maniac and a very good little werewolf story. Art is awesome. That said, I find Batman's first battle against R'as a little weak--for all the awe he invokes here, he's not the omega-level threat we're supposed to take him as.
Tom
A nice collection of cool classic stories and covers. I love Neal Adams' art and Batman's costume. And I liked actually seeing the story behind some of the famous old Batman covers - especially the ones hanging on my walls as posters.
Jacob
Mar 08, 2014 Jacob rated it really liked it
Third's the charm. Easily the best in overall content of the 3-volume series. Unlike the prior books this one has modern recoloring from beginning to end. More experimental panel layout, but better stories than what came before.
AmirCat
Apr 13, 2009 AmirCat rated it it was amazing
Part of the reason I read comics as a 31-yr old is that I need to get back to my childhood. I had tons of Neal Adams comics passed down to me and to me his batman is the real batman. Reading "Daughter of the Demon" again 223 years later is such a treat.
Bobby
Bobby rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2015
Aaron
Aaron rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2016
Tim Hall
Tim Hall rated it liked it
Nov 02, 2015
George Khoury
George Khoury rated it liked it
May 22, 2012
Robert
Robert rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2016
John
John rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2014
J. Black
J. Black rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2015
Michael
Michael rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2013
Stephen A. Rhodes
Stephen A. Rhodes rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2012
onesimplycannotNOTreadbooks
onesimplycannotNOTreadbooks rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2016
Lucas Geőcze
Lucas Geőcze rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2016
Becca Furze
Becca Furze rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2014
Ondra Král
Apr 30, 2016 Ondra Král rated it liked it
Scénáře se zlepšily, ale furt to není žádná pecka
Omari
Omari rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2013
Kraig
Kraig rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2010
Brian
Brian rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2013
Derik
Derik rated it liked it
Feb 25, 2014
Jeremy
Jeremy rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2013
Phil
Phil rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
61970
Neal Adams is an American comic book and commercial artist known for helping to create some of the definitive modern imagery of the DC Comics characters Superman, Batman, and Green Arrow; as the co-founder of the graphic design studio Continuity Associates; and as a creators-rights advocate who helped secure a pension and recognition for Superman creators Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.

Adams was ind
More about Neal Adams...

Batman Illustrated (3 books)
  • Batman Illustrated by Neal Adams, Vol. 1