Start by marking “Camp Club Girls & the Mystery at Discovery Lake” as Want to Read:
Camp Club Girls & the Mystery at Discovery Lake

Camp Club Girls & the Mystery at Discovery Lake (Camp Club Girls #1)

Whether it's finding missing millionaires or rescuing sea lions, you'll love the adventure, as the Camp Club Girls pitch in their personal skills to solve mysteries and save the day!
Published January 1st 2010 by Barbour Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Camp Club Girls & the Mystery at Discovery Lake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Camp Club Girls & the Mystery at Discovery Lake

Molly (Cafinated Reads)
A huge mystery at a christian camp. Join Elizabeth, Kate, Sydney, Alex, Bailey and MacKenzie as they try to solve the mystery of Discovery Lake and become close friends, learning important lessons along the way.

This is an adorably cute read for tweens, teens, and adults alike! This book not only has an entertaining plot, it also teaches about friendship, working together, honesty, forgiveness and most important, having a faith in God. The use of Scripture is wonderful! The girls in this story c
Crystal
Jan 06, 2010 Crystal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What do you get when you mix 6 girls from all over the country in one cabin at a two-week summer camp? A lot of fun - that is what. This first installment of the Camp Club Girls series introduces the reader to the six Camp Club Girls as they first meet. They are different ages, races and come from different backgrounds, and friendship grows from the first moments when they all get together. Alexis, Elizabeth, Sydney, Kate, Bailey and McKenzie become fast friends as they discover clues behind sev ...more
Kelly
Jan 07, 2010 Kelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Camp Club Girls and the Mystery at Discovery Lake is a delightful book for young girls and tweens. It is the first book in a series that focuses on the adventures of six young girls who meet and become fabulous friends at a Christian camp. These girls all have unique personalities but are tied together by sharing the same camp dorm and their love for mysteries.

This first book in the series gives the reader a chance to get to know each girl and work on some sleuthing.

I like that the girls bonded
Ashley
The author, Renae Brumbaugh does not create a sense of mystery on par with classic Nancy Drew (few could), she does create a good measure of suspense. The suspense is interspersed well with Bible verses, prayer reminders, and thoughtful messages. Like many detectives, the girls have to break a few rules along the way, but when a rule is broken the girls always reflect on the fact that what they are doing or did is/was wrong.

This book will be a fun afternoon diversion on a cold and rainy day whil
Bailey
Dec 12, 2009 Bailey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is so cool! It's full of mysteries and so mysterious. You should sooo check it out!
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
{Welcome to Pre-Teen Week! Every quarter we’re going to try to do a full week dedicated to finding great Christian books for girls ages 8/9-12 every week day! This is Day One of this quarters’!}

About this book:

“What’s REALLY going on at Camp Discovery Lake?
When Elizabeth, Alexis, Bailey, Sydney, McKenzie, and Kate end up as roommates at summer camp, they soon suspect there’s more going on than crafts and Bible quizzes.
Haunting howls…Surly attitudes…Whispers tales of thievery…Threats of danger…
Rebecca
Oct 21, 2011 Rebecca rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, children
Reading this book was like eating store-brand cookies. They're edible, and fine when nothing else is on offer, but otherwise not really worth it. This story is what would happen if Nancy Drew were split into six indistinguishable characters and sent to a religious camp in the internet era to solve the mystery of the grouch on the golf course. I think it would have worked better with only one or two main characters (seriously, I never noticed the name of the character who was speaking because I k ...more
Anjola Thomas
Oct 05, 2015 Anjola Thomas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I personally was bored by this book but I will point out the "fun" parts of the book. In this book, six girls first meet at a Christian Camp and learn to become best friends. They are all from different parts of the country and love each other the same no matter what race. The girls come from different backgrounds and love to solve creepy crawling mysteries. I would recommend this book to tweens (9-11 years old). Since I like more mature and action-like books, I personally would not read this ag ...more
Cathy Cramer
Read this to get some sort of idea about it for my 11 year old. It has horses, a puppy, friendships, and a mystery. She'll probably like it. I realize I'm not the target audience. Note added later: She really loved it, so much that she reread funny portions of it to me, even though I had already read it.
Amber
Jun 30, 2013 Amber rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book because I like books about mysteries. My favorite character is Kate because she has a pet she's a lot like me. I would recommend this book to anyone that likes mysteries.
Christina
Apr 19, 2014 Christina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I looooove this whole series! They are really interesting because each one takes place in different places and all the girls are different ages.
Makena Fernandez
AMAZING!!!

Awesomeness no way can be one star awesome awesome awesome. Read read!!!!!!! Just is great and amazing! Looooooooved it soooooo look much
Renae
Feb 12, 2012 Renae rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Audrey
Audrey rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2013
Lalala
Lalala rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2012
Sophia Trewavas
Sophia Trewavas rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2016
Hannah Smith
Hannah Smith rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2014
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2011
Olivia Rousseau
Olivia Rousseau rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2013
Emili
Emili rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2015
Haylie Danner
Haylie Danner rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2016
Anna  ♥☻☺♫♪
Anna ♥☻☺♫♪ rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2010
Hannah Quintanilla
Hannah Quintanilla rated it really liked it
May 04, 2014
Kaitlyn Danner
Kaitlyn Danner rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2016
Annika Baker
Annika Baker rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2015
Daniella
Daniella rated it it was amazing
Oct 27, 2013
Emmajoy
Emmajoy rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2016
Heather Glasier
Dec 04, 2015 Heather Glasier rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: pre-teens or a little bit younger
Recommended to Heather by: found it at church library
It was a really good start to a series. It was also very unique and humorous
Kristie Kercheval
Kristie Kercheval rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Renae Brumbaugh is an author, freelance writer, and newspaper columnist. Her books include four books in the Camp Club Girls series, and Morning Coffee with James.
More about Renae Brumbaugh...

Camp Club Girls (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Sydney's DC Discovery (Camp Club Girls, #2)
  • McKenzie's Montana Mystery (Camp Club Girls #3)
  • Alexis and the Sacramento Surprise (Camp Club Girls, #4)
  • Kate's Philadelphia Frenzy (Camp Club Girls #5)
  • Bailey's Peoria Problem (Camp Club Girls, #6)
  • Elizabeth's Amarillo Adventure (Camp Club Girls, #7)
  • Sydney's Outer Banks Blast (Camp Club Girls, #8)
  • Alexis and the Arizona Escapade (Camp Club Girls, #9)
  • Kate's Vermont Venture (Camp Club Girls #10)
  • McKenzie's Oregon Operation (Camp Club Girls #11)