Start by marking “Batman: Crimson Mist” as Want to Read:
Batman: Crimson Mist

Batman: Crimson Mist (Batman: Vampire #3)

Following the events of BATMAN: BLOODSTORM, Batman falls deeper into the gothic abyss of his new vampiric nature. No longer able to sate his bloodlust, the Dark Knight transforms into a horrific monster determined to administer his own rough justice to the criminals of Gotham. Acting without guilt or conscience, Batman unleashes horrific and savage attacks on some of his o ...more
Published October 1st 2001 by DC Comics (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Batman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Batman

Batman by Alan MooreBatman by Frank MillerBatman by Jeph LoebBatman by Frank MillerBatman by Grant Morrison
Best of Batman
400 books — 734 voters
Tagged by Joseph M. ChironDracula by Bram StokerInterview with the Vampire by Anne Rice'Salem's Lot by Stephen KingPapap's Teeth by Danielle DeVor
Fave Vampire Reads
174 books — 125 voters

More lists with this book...

Indah Threez Lestari
Feb 09, 2011 Indah Threez Lestari rated it it was amazing
Line Blue
Jan 25, 2017 Line Blue rated it liked it
Aburrido y un final que es ni bueno ni malo de lo peor del caballero oscuro
Panos
Aug 25, 2011 Panos rated it really liked it
BATMAN: CRIMSON MIST (4/5)

Epilogues are a sad thing. This one is particularly sad. Almost melancholic, in a way. Especially when the last page kicks in, that's when you start philosophing about life and its meaning. Few books can do that. It also depends on the reader of course, but generally few books can do that. Even fewer comic books.

So, here is the end. By the way, have you noticed that both "Red Rain" and "Bloodstorm" have a feeling of finality in their last pages? As if there never meant
Adriana
Oct 21, 2011 Adriana rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror, comics
Wow. That's pretty much all I thought after the final panel of Crimson Mist. This is the darkest Batman of all, the one that honors his name and becomes a predator of criminals and innocents alike.

We start Crimson Mist with the agony of Batman, condemned to exist in Limbo and to thirst for blood for all eternity. At the same time, we see that Gotham has fallen victim to the Penguin, Two Face, Killer Croc, The Riddler, Poison Ivy, and many more, and that Alfred and Gordon are doubting their deci
Matti Karjalainen
"Batman: Crimson Mist" (DC, 2001) päättää Doug Moenchin käsikirjoittaman vampyyritrilogian, joka kuuluu DC:n vaihtoehtoiseen Elseworlds-sarjaan.

Gotham City on aina saanut oman osansa hirviöistä ja tappajista, mutta nyt yössä riehuu kammottavin mahdollinen peto, jonka pysäyttämiseksi komisario Gordon ja vanha kunnon Alfred joutuvat liittoutumaan Kaksinaaman ja Killer Crocin kanssa.

Sarjakuva lienee yksi synkeimmistä Batman-tarinoista koskaan, ja paikoitellen tarina on ihan silkkaa veripalttua. Ole
Samantha Harvey
Jun 19, 2013 Samantha Harvey rated it really liked it
Considering how dark this comic story was, I think it ended just right. I really liked the flow of the story and its conclusion. The only thing I've had a problem with is getting caught up in Batman's eloquent words. In my mind, I know that Bruce Wayne was rich and sophisticated, but I don't hear him talk like that in my head. The words flow beautifully, but they don't fit my image of Batman, even if he is a vampire.
Michael
Feb 15, 2013 Michael rated it it was amazing
This was the first batman graphic novel I've ever read and I gotta say it was very intriguing. This is basically a conclusion to the trilogy that began with batman/Dracula red rain. Here we get to see batman at his darkest and considering that he's now a vampire, what it would be like if he just killed his enemies instead. The result of that is a very scary image. Ultimately the ending is pretty satisfying and something that's worth checking out.
Jen
Jan 09, 2009 Jen rated it it was amazing
Unrelenting conclusion to an epic story, as Batman is revived by his loyal butler Alfred in a desperate attempt to eradicate the scourges of Gotham City. Violent, brutal and out of control, Batman's bloodlust has fully corrupted his sense of justice, and the crimefighter hero the city has admired and feared is now a monstrous creature, feeding on Gotham's scum and insane and tenuously on the verge of devouring the rest of humanity.
A frightening image of what Batman could have been.
Loren Toddy
Feb 10, 2009 Loren Toddy rated it really liked it
Again, I did not expect much from this book but I was grateful that it didn't "chicken out" and give us a "happy" story. You know a crappy story where there is a pleasant and bright solution to the story. This one didn't even come close to that and it ended the way it should have ended. Dark. Awesome.
Earl
Oct 13, 2014 Earl rated it it was amazing
And yes, this has been really interesting. I also would like to highlight that the artwork was great.
Martin
Jan 15, 2017 Martin rated it liked it
Shelves: to-review
First read 15-Jan-2017 as part of Batman: Vampire.
David
Sep 25, 2012 David rated it liked it
Story 3/5 Art 2,5/5
Lynda
Dec 22, 2011 Lynda rated it it was amazing
From the very beginning this book gripped me and pulled me in. I normally don't like dark and violent fiction, but this book could not work otherwise.

Arun Divakar
Sep 22, 2009 Arun Divakar rated it liked it
It was quite a spinoff...to have the Batman take on the legendary vampire was an exhilarating read
Darnia
I'm really not into it, but among the Batman-Dracula series, this is the best
Rajiv
Aug 29, 2012 Rajiv rated it it was amazing
Finally completed the Batman/Dracula trilogy. Excellent ending. Stays true to the core of Batman and never deviates from what he is and what he stands for.
Lily  Lu
Sep 04, 2014 Lily Lu rated it liked it
Not a fan of the art but 3 stars for the alternate to what I'm used to reading.
Timothy Boyd
Jan 15, 2016 Timothy Boyd rated it really liked it
A very interesting plot twist to the Batman story. I am not a big fan of the art used but the story is very good. Recommended
Justin
Aug 16, 2015 Justin rated it really liked it
The final book of the trilogy is perhaps the most chilling, if slightly rushed. All the supervillains are out to play...but who survives?
(view spoiler)
Julian
Aug 07, 2012 Julian rated it liked it
Shelves: comic-books, batman
Here's a link to my review of the collected edition:
Batman: Vampire
Redwan Orittro
May 09, 2015 Redwan Orittro rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, graphic-novel
Vampire Batman?? Yes please.
One of the best elseworlds stories I have read.
Richard
Dec 10, 2010 Richard rated it it was ok
Shelves: novels, graphic
if you start it you may as well finish it
Alex
Alex rated it it was ok
Oct 04, 2013
Josh Look
Josh Look rated it did not like it
Sep 23, 2012
Chema Santos
Chema Santos rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2016
Sud666
Sud666 rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2015
Massimo
Massimo rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2010
Trekscribbler
Trekscribbler rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2011
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2015
Lore
Lore rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2012
  • Batman: Nine Lives
  • Batman: Night Cries
  • Batman: Thrillkiller
  • Batman Illustrated by Neal Adams, Vol. 1
  • Batman/Judge Dredd: Judgment on Gotham (Batman / Judge Dredd, #1)
  • Batman: Birth of the Demon
  • Batman: Fortunate Son
  • Batman vs. Predator
  • Batman: Man-Bat
19886
Doug Moench, is an American comic book writer notable for his Batman work and as the creator of Black Mask, Moon Knight and Deathlok. Moench has worked for DC Comics, Marvel Comics, Dark Horse Comics and many other smaller companies; he has written hundreds of issues of many different comics, and created dozens of characters, such as Moon Knight. In 1973, Moench became the de facto lead writer for ...more
More about Doug Moench...

Batman: Vampire (3 books)
  • Batman & Dracula: Red Rain