Start by marking “The Flight of the Silver Vixen: An all-girl action adventure in deep Space” as Want to Read:
The Flight of the Silver Vixen: An all-girl action adventure in deep Space

The Flight of the Silver Vixen: An all-girl action adventure in deep Space

The Flight of the Silver Vixen is an all-girl space adventure that is at once an action-packed thriller and an exploration of philosophical themes.

It begins with a group of wild teenagers from an all-girl planet hijacking a spacecraft and accidentally warping to the other side of the galaxy.

It proceeds through deadly battles with space pirates to a landing on another all-g
Published (first published February 21st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Flight of the Silver Vixen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Flight of the Silver Vixen

Amanda
Jul 28, 2011 Amanda rated it did not like it
Shelves: arc, aliens, fantasy, series, indie
Somewhere in outer space is an alien race consisting entirely of females. It's not that the men are missing; they never existed. This race is known as intermorph, and those like our own are schizomorph. A teenage hover bike gang steals a space craft and finds themselves on a troubled intermorph planet where they must band together and fight as warriors against demons, internal enemies, and a neighboring aggressive schizomorph race.

Writing that reads as if it was written by a 10 year old (I can o
Larissa
Jul 18, 2011 Larissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
These are not your average teen hoverbikers. These blondes and brunettes are tougher, smarter and more fearless, though some might argue reckless, then your average hoverbikers. Determined to pull of the biggest jink ever these joy-riders have decided to swoggle the Navy's new and experimental space-craft the Silver Vixen. However when a simple turn into orbit becomes a speedy getaway through an aethyr crease these seven simple hoverbikers soon find themselves changed.

Far from home these teens a
Babs
Jun 01, 2011 Babs rated it really liked it
A world where no men exist. Sounds pretty good doesn’t it? Rebel teen girls steal the spaceship, The Silver Vixen, where they get into a lot of trouble. Any sci-fi fan would love this book. Even though it is all female characters they each differ to bring something new to the plate.
I enjoyed the book as it makes you think. There are several themes going on. I would recommend this book.
Bending The Bookshelf
Mar 13, 2011 Bending The Bookshelf rated it really liked it
The Flight of the Silver Vixen is the kind of book you’ll enjoy immensely, but really wish you could have read as a young girl. It’s a fun, all-girl, swashbuckling adventure that makes you giddy with joy, even as it causes you to pause every once in a while to reflect upon what's happening beneath the story.

This is the story of a band of teenage girls who steal an experimental spaceship called The Silver Vixen. Forced to enter an ether crease (think Star Trek wormhole), they find themselves on t
Annasophia Bernstein
Mar 08, 2011 Annasophia Bernstein rated it it was amazing
I have been meaning to write a review for this book for over a week now, because I loved it so much and want to let everybody know - but I have found it so difficult! Usually, I don't find it hard to name that one quality of a book that sets it appart, makes it valuable and genuinly read-worthy in my eyes. The Silver Vixen however is such a many layered book, that it is praise-worthy on so many different accounts to such an extend that I simply can not write a review focusing on just one point.
I
Scarlett
Jun 12, 2011 Scarlett rated it really liked it
As a science fiction fan I adored this book. Flight of the Silver Vixen is set in an all-girl universe. In other words, there are no males. This was pretty unique as I haven't read anything like it before. I thought it was really well done too as there are different types of female. So that made it really interesting.

The characters were all really awesome. My favourite was definitely Captain Antala. She was so kick ass and fantastic.

The Flight of the Silver Vixen is a really great book. It's fil
Robina Fox
Mar 30, 2011 Robina Fox rated it it was amazing
Riveting space adventure with pirates, demons, and all-girl worlds. The writing is crisp and spare, the action thrilling, the politics fascinating, the philosophy haunting. It left me wanting more. There will be more, right?
Becky
Mar 27, 2011 Becky rated it liked it
This book is set in a world/universe where men have never existed, it is solely populated by females. This brings a whole new twist and makes you think in a whole new light.
A group of rebel teens, including a Princess, decide to steal "The Silver Vixen' a brand new state of the art space ship, and take it for a joy ride, but when things start to go wrong they enter an ether crease and end up in a different universe, not much different to their own but with a whole new set of problems. Attacked b
William Bentrim
Sep 04, 2011 William Bentrim rated it it was ok
The Flight of the Silver Vixen by Annalinde Matichei

This book is about a world where there are only females. Blondes seem to fit the stereotype for female and brunettes the stereotype for males regarding role playing. A group of teens skyjack a prototype spacecraft and end up in a different galaxy as heroic saviors.

Much to my surprise I have discovered a genre previously unknown to me, that of the Intermorphic Worlds. These are stories where there is only one gender or in this case all-girl wo
Scott
Mar 06, 2016 Scott rated it it was ok
Shelves: sci-fi
The main race has two sexes, but they both appear female. Given how the author treated the two sexes, there really wasn't much point in making them both female. Except to make the men of other races the stereotypical bad guys.

Also, it seemed like everyone in the protagonist party had about a dozen names or titles. I felt it was unnecessary and made the book harder to follow. The other thing which made it hard to follow was the lack of any sort of page break.

The characters got separated and the b
Leisa
Aug 17, 2011 Leisa rated it did not like it
I can't even finish this book - it's not well-written, it's overly complicated and the editing is atrocious.
jerry webb
jerry webb rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2016
E.M. Taggart
E.M. Taggart rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2014
Lindsay Benezraenezra
Lindsay Benezraenezra rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2017
Cati
Cati rated it did not like it
Jun 19, 2014
Dirk Hine
Dirk Hine rated it liked it
Feb 29, 2012
Jess Howard-martin
Jess Howard-martin rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2012
Kate
Kate rated it it was ok
Aug 24, 2016
Laurie Vosters
Laurie Vosters rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2015
Poppy
Poppy rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2014
Julian Morrison
Julian Morrison rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2017
Sascha Broich
Sascha Broich rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2015
Mary Guillermin
Mary Guillermin rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2011
Amy
Amy rated it it was ok
Apr 15, 2013
Tj Dinwiddie
Tj Dinwiddie rated it liked it
Mar 11, 2016
Asia Bey
Asia Bey rated it really liked it
May 30, 2014
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2016
Erin Wynn
Erin Wynn rated it it was ok
Oct 13, 2015
PaksGeneral
PaksGeneral rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2013
Doreen
Doreen rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2014
I am a visitor to your fair world.

Not an entirely voluntary visitor, I fear, but that is not your fault. I am making the best of things. I have found kindred spirits from my homeland - or worlds like it. I am making my way here by writing about my own people - and peoples like them.

Currently I am also writing about people like myself: people who find themselves stranded in strange places; people w
More about Annalinde Matichei...