Start by marking “Love's Blood” as Want to Read:
Love's Blood

Love's Blood

When businessman Frank Columbo, his wife Mary and their 13-year-old son, Michael, were savagely murdered on their suburban Chicago home, one thought raced through everyone's mind...who would tell Patty? But Patty already knew.

Led into an adult world of drugs and kinky sex parties by Frank DeLuca, a married man twice her age, the fifteen-year-old had become his sexual slave
Published August 15th 1994 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Love's Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love's Blood

Falina
Mar 04, 2013 Falina rated it liked it
Jackie
Feb 01, 2009 Jackie rated it liked it
Shelves: true-crime
In this account of Patricia Ann Columbo's murder of her father, mother, and brother, Clark Howard thoroughly explores Patricia's life, to the point where I concluded that he is probably obsessed with the murderess. I felt like I was reading Nabokov when he described her uncle's sexual molestation of her as a child, and he goes into a little too much detail about her other sexual exploits as well. I nevertheless found the book fascinating because, for the first time, Patricia tells her side of th ...more
Keith
Jul 06, 2008 Keith rated it it was ok
Clark Howard is not Truman Capote; Clark Howard is not Mickey Spillane, but I do believe Clark Howard sees himself as Mike Hammer with the talent of Truman Capote. This is a well researched and competently written book that is much, much too long. If the author would cease telling us about how his street savvy background provide us with really insightful interviews into the nature of crime I might have felt it was more than just a sad and tragic tale of murder and life gone awry. But he didn’t a ...more
Amanda
I usually like true crime but this one was really really detailed. The story of the murders and murderess' life leading up to the murders had me hooked. The author gives you every last detail of innocence corrupted. Molestation, kinky sex groups, then 3 bloody, brutal murders. It was a most disturbing read, but very interesting too. Then there were chapters of just the author narrating facts and statements, that's what bored me to death. I just wanted to get it over with.
Gilbert
Jan 09, 2009 Gilbert rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-loved
I don't know what was more disturbing...the molestations or the minute description the author provides to the reader. In spite of that aspect, this is a gripping true crime tale of love and lust gone haywire in a lower-middle class Chicago suburb. Both sad and infuriating, the actions depicted, along with their consequences, are presented as fatalistic by the author who alternates the story with interviews he conducted with the subject of the book.
Maureen Harris
Nov 02, 2009 Maureen Harris rated it really liked it
I love true crime books, they are my favorite, however this one was not one of mine. It kept me engrossed until the end. Then it became long, boring and repetitive. I still would recommend it, but only read to around 400.
Valerie
Aug 26, 2008 Valerie rated it it was ok
Recommended to Valerie by: keith
I had to make myself finish this book. It was too long and utterly repetitive. The answer does come but the reader has to earn it. The writer enjoyed a little too much the horrible sexual history of the subject. Not one I would keep to re-read - ever.
Kari Beh
Jan 20, 2011 Kari Beh rated it it was amazing
WOW! Great book. I could believe why Frank would want to kill and I could understand why she would too. But he wasn't worth it. Patricia seemed like a good girl who got mixed with the wrong people. 200 years in prison is a long time, but I wish her only God's praises <3
Susie
Sep 02, 2007 Susie is currently reading it
I am currently reading this book. Will review as soon as I am through. It is about a girl in the 70's who murders/has murdered her family (mom, dad, brother) and her life before and after.......leading up to.
Sabrina Rutter
Aug 20, 2009 Sabrina Rutter rated it really liked it
I read this years ago. It was a great read for true crime readers!
Rita
This is a fascinating story but heart-breaking as to what happened in this brutal triple murder. It is spell-binding and captivating and draws you in from the beginning. I highly recommend it.
Maggie Odell
Apr 22, 2013 Maggie Odell rated it it was amazing
The book has 2 parts. The first part is about the girl, the second is about her trial.

Paula
Jun 28, 2014 Paula rated it it was amazing
This is a book that has obviously been well researched and the characters are described in and in-depth way. Great book.
Salsadancer
May 16, 2009 Salsadancer rated it liked it
Covers the true-crime case of Patti Columbo who was convicted at age 19 of planning the murder of her parents and brother in their home outside Chicago. It was very well-told.
April Walker
Jan 15, 2016 April Walker rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
awesome book.
Michelle
Mar 27, 2009 Michelle rated it did not like it
Shelves: own-read
How can such a horrific true crime be such a boring book????
Cynde Moya
Mar 03, 2016 Cynde Moya rated it liked it
Sheilak
I sometimes enjoy a "true crime" and since I'm at my mom's house so much these days, I need FLUFF reading. This one I didn't like though
♥ Marlene♥
♥ Marlene♥ rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2008
Karylan Frazier
Karylan Frazier rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2015
Daphne
Daphne rated it liked it
May 28, 2013
Krissie
Krissie rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2011
Garry
Garry rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2016
Phyllis
Phyllis rated it it was amazing
Oct 15, 2010
Teddie
Teddie rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2011
Changey Mcsubject
Changey Mcsubject rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2012
Erica
Erica rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2013
Voodidit
Voodidit rated it liked it
Jun 01, 2007
Jen
Jen rated it did not like it
Feb 04, 2011
Jessica Nelson
Jessica Nelson rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
More about Clark Howard...