Little Bit of Passion, A

Little Bit of Passion, A

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Karen Larsen calls herself a modern gypsy because she has split her life into two perfect halves. In winter, she's a skiing instructor in the Teton Mountain Range; in summer, she works at the bookstore she owns on Long Island, New York. But one Easter holiday, John Bermett and his son Gerry join her skiing group, and her perfectly balanced universe is shaken. John is the o...more
Published April 1st 2011 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Little Bit of Passion, A, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Bit of Passion, A

Jazmyn Garcia
When I first picked up this book I could not put it down. I flew through the two-thirds of it and absolutely cherished every word. HOWEVER, as soon as chapter 7 hits I start to loathe the book. I am not sure how I didn't see it coming (some may say it was the only excitement in the book) but this chapter is the beginning of it's downfall. I'm not sure what I expected but I could barely read it and I was a second away from putting it into my "cannot finish" list. The ending smoothes it out but th...more
Jayne Ormerod
The first thing that is amazing about this book is that the author is German, yet her English voice is so rich it melts in your mouth like a particularly thick slab of fudge. The second thing that is amazing is that the entire book is nothing more than an exchange of emails. And not even between the heroine and the hero, but between the heroine and her best friend. As we all know, there are things you can tell your best friend that you would never reveal (sometimes not even to yourself) to a new...more
Abby
I am really picky when it comes to books. I'm not a big romance reader, but I devour Chick-Lit. So it has to have a perfect balance. "A Little Bit of Passion" is one of those books who hit the mark right on the head.

Karen's last promise to her dying mother was to never become dependent on a man. That's why she is a self-declared rooted-gypsy, who juggles two seasonal jobs as a ski instructor in Wyoming and a part bookstore owner in the Hamptons. But when she meets a charming man and his loveable...more
Amanda
"It's funny how an expression in the eyes of the person opposite you can make you glow and make you think you're beautiful and witty. It's scary too." I can totally relate, can't you? You're on a date, and the way he looks at you makes your insides flutter and your heartbeat resound in your ears. You feel flushed whenever his glance encompasses you....you are the most beautiful girl in the room. This is how Karen Larsen feels when she's out with John Bernett, a feeling that is so wonderful, yet...more
Yvonne
I enjoyed this book simply because it was short and sweet. It’s been awhile since I’ve read a book where the main characters were carefree enough to just enjoy life and the surprises that came along with it. The story is about lasting friendships and finding love in the most unexpected places.

The story mostly centers around two best friends, Karen and Leslie. The friends are never in the same place at the same time so they keep in touch through their daily emails. At first I thought that this wo...more
Melanie Coombes
A Little Bit of Passion was a fun, entertaining read. Karen prides herself on her independence and free spirit. During the winter, she is a ski instructor and in the summer months she is co-owner of a book store in Long Island. After going through a divorce, Karen is happy with her life, her small living spaces and her care free, gypsy style existence. But all of that is threatened when she meets John.
Like most of us, Karen is skeptical that a relationship with a man who has a completely differ...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Always be independent, a lesson drilled into Karen by her mother, threatens to undermine Karen’s chance at true love and happiness. Even considering a different life style scares her beyond belief. She is content with minimalistic living space—a tiny attic room in the winter and a small trailer near the ocean in the summer. They make her feel cozy and protected. After a failed marriage, she treasures her independence and has no desire to be tied down with material things.

She is okay with her gy...more
Jaime
A Little Bit of Passion focuses on emails exchanged between Karen Larsen and her best friend Leslie. While Leslie more short emails, Karen has an easy flow to her writing the got me right into the story. Just a couple emails and it felt like I was sitting at a table listening to a conversation between two friends.

Of course, the two friends are fun to listen to. Leslie’s vivaciousness comes through easily and she encourages Karen to open up so the readers get in on all the good stuff.

I thought I...more
Lea
This was just okay. There isn't anything wrong with it but I didn't really LIKE it. I liked the idea and think the story line had potential that wasn't tapped. It is written in emails between two friends Karen and Leslie. Mostly it is Leslie and her issues and Karen might as well be an imaginary friend for all that the story includes her. Karen wasn't overly likable in my opinion, which is okay but when she's the main and almost only character you're given, it makes it difficult.
Some people wil...more
AJ Best
I am a stalker! (Not really.) I enjoy reading other people’s emails and getting an insite into the honest human mind. I guess it’s a good thing that Beate wrote this book.
Karen is such a lovable and relatable character. Her highs and lows touch your heart and soul. When she meets the man of her dreams and fights the stress that goes along with her fears, your heart swells and grows with the heartwarming emotions that Ms. Boeker inspires. When she falls in love, your heart is taken on that leap...more
Gina
A clever story told via email messages between two friends. Karen's dealing with a new class of skiers. Among them are the annoying Turtle and young Gerry and his dad, John. Allowing bestie Leslie into her complicated world seems like a good idea at the time, but insecurity, jealousy, and past relationships cloud the friendship and the budding romance. Uniquely written and heart melting.
Becca Boschee
I love Beate Boeker's humorous voice, and A Little Bit of Passion was no exception. This book was structured entirely of emails written between Karen and her best friend while Karen struggled to hold on to her hard earned independence while falling in love. The setting in the Tetons is beautifully written and will have you wishing you were there!
Sachki
ok book too many emails i was left wanting more
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2013
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
May 26, 2013
Krista
Krista marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2012
K
K added it
Jul 04, 2012
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2012
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
May 06, 2012
Jill Hardy
Jill Hardy marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2012
Jillian
Jillian marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2012
Irisbloodroot
Irisbloodroot marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2012
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
I love books with touches of humor and mischief. It doesn't matter if they're romances or mysteries or biographies - as long as they make me chuckle, count me in.

Here's my official author bio:

Beate Boeker has been a traditionally published author since 2008 and offers many contemporary romances, cozy mysteries, and short stories online.

Several were shortlisted for the Golden Quill Contest, the Na...more
More about Beate Boeker...
Wings to Fly It's Raining Men: A Romantic Comedy Charmer's Death (Temptation in Florence #2) A New Life Take My Place