Start by marking “The Teacher's Tales of Terror” as Want to Read:
The Teacher's Tales of Terror

The Teacher's Tales of Terror (Tales of Terror)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  9 reviews
In a dangerous future world where gigantic, traction-powered cities attack and devour each other, London hunts where no other predator dares. Hidden in its vast superstructure is a murderous creature that severs the right hands of its victims.
Paperback
Published March 1st 2011 by World Book Day

To ask other readers questions about The Teacher's Tales of Terror, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Teacher's Tales of Terror

Blair
Having read and enjoyed Chris Priestley's full-length ghost story The Dead of Winter, I was inspired to look into his other work - actually in the hope that he might have written some ghostly fiction for adults, but when I came across this little volume of tales at just 49p for Kindle, I couldn't resist snapping it up.

At the beginning of the book, a supply teacher, attired in suspiciously appropriate clothing for 'Victorian Day', arrives at a modern-day school. He is shown to a classroom and, in
Georgie
Apr 01, 2012 Georgie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes M.R. James or ghost/creepy stories!
I have read Priestley's other collections of short ghost/horror stories - Uncle Montague's Tales of Terror, Tales of Terror from the Black Ship, and Tales of Terror from the Tunnel's Mouth. Though they are primarily aimed at kids and teens (11 +) the stories are all damn creepy. I particularly enjoy the influences in all four books - they all have a framing device, usually involving a child or children being told a series of creepy stories by a mysterious adult. This reminds me a lot of those wo ...more
Poppy Coles
I was considering rating this book 3 stars but, upon reaching the final end pages, it struck me as so unusual, unexpected and gripping that I just had to rate it 4 stars!
Kayleigh Dolly D'Andilly
I love these books! This was a short one written for world book day but the tales are brilliant. If you are thinking about reading the Tales of Terror books you should defiantly get this one to start you off. It gives you an introduction to the fun of his other books and it's so cheap on the kindle. Wonderful!
Paula
As with his previous books. ''Tales of Terror from the Black Ship' and 'Uncle Montague's Tales of Terror', Chris Priestley brings another collection of tales of terror to scare school children everywhere. The stories are definitely for sharing.
Anna  Matsuyama
Without illustrations and short ( four tales ) but a good introduction to Priestley's Tales of Terror only for £ 0.44 on kindle
Natalie Bleau
Fantastic book really enjoyed reading this.
Dan
Anna Fang rules. More please :)
Kelly m
Kelly m marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Gelo
Gelo marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Anna Smith
Anna Smith marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Rebecca Kennedy
Rebecca Kennedy marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Shona
Shona marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Francesca Hillyer
Francesca Hillyer marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Iz Thapa
Iz Thapa marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Lilly
Lilly marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Marie Heartofgold
Marie Heartofgold marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Serena
Serena marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Billy Nicholls
Billy Nicholls marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Sheanne Marinel Ü
Sheanne Marinel Ü marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Ricci
Ricci marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • 13 Drops of Blood
  • The Lovecraft Anthology: Volume 2
  • Bad Seeds: Evil Progeny
  • The Drowning Pool
  • Stalking  Shadows (Scary Mary, #2)
  • I Dream of Zenia with the Bright Red Teeth
  • The Journals of Eleanor Druse: My Investigation of the Kingdom Hospital Incident
  • Songs on Bronze: The Greek Myths Made Real
  • The Case of Charles Dexter Ward: A Graphic Novel
  • A Little Girl in My Room & Other Stories
  • The Mammoth Book of Alternate Histories
  • The Barrens and Others
  • The Corn Maiden and Other Nightmares
  • Stargate SG-1: The Morpheus Factor (Stargate SG-1, #4)
  • Stargate SG-1: Survival of the Fittest (Stargate SG-1, #11)
  • Mrs. Malory Wonders Why
  • I Love Dollars And Other Stories of China
  • Theodosia and the Flame of Sekhmet (Theodosia Throckmorton, #5)
519134
His father was in the army and so he moved around a lot as a child and lived in Wales. He was an avid reader of American comics as a child, and when he was eight or nine, and living in Gibraltar, he won a prize in a newspaper story-writing competition. He decided then “that my ambition was to write and illustrate my own book”.
He spent his teens in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, before moving to Manchester,
More about Chris Priestley...
Uncle Montague's Tales of Terror (Tales of Terror, #1) Tales of Terror from the Black Ship (Tales of Terror, #2) Tales of Terror from the Tunnel's Mouth (Tales of Terror, #3) The Dead of Winter Mister Creecher