Start by marking “Streiker's Bride” as Want to Read:
Streiker's Bride

Streiker's Bride

4.30  ·  Rating Details  ·  161 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
He had a lot to offer, but his terms were high. What would you do if you received the offer of a lifetime--marriage to a billionaire--with one catch: you had to make up your mind without ever seeing him? When lowly bank teller Adair Weiss receives such an offer from reclusive philanthropist Fletcher Streiker, she is dumbfounded and disbelieving: Why me? What does he know a ...more
Published December 1st 2003 by Westford Press (first published 1993)

Ballet Shoes by Noel Streatfeilddancergirl by Carol M. TanzmanRussian Winter by Daphne KalotayDancing on My Grave by Gelsey KirklandThe Man I Love by Suanne Laqueur
Best Books About Dance
35th out of 132 books — 131 voters
Pride and Prejudice by Jane AustenPersuasion by Jane AustenWith Every Breath by Elizabeth CamdenA Noble Groom by Jody HedlundChristy by Catherine Marshall
Dreamy Heroes in Clean Romances
31st out of 41 books — 15 voters

More lists with this book...

Debra Chapoton
Jul 02, 2010 Debra Chapoton rated it it was amazing
This was the most heart squeezing/grabbing/wrenching/thrilling love story I've ever read. The most handsome, ideal, romantic, loving (you add all the adjectives you want in a man) wants to marry Adair and to top it off he's a billionaire. There's one catch though that is so bizarre that you will be hooked on this story at once. This is a marvelous allegory about . . . I don't want to spoil it. Best book I've read and it's the first in a trilogy.
Gwendolyn Gage
Mar 04, 2013 Gwendolyn Gage rated it it was amazing
Shelves: almost-favorites
When Adair receives a third-party marriage proposal from billionaire philanthropist Fletcher Streiker, she's offered a way out of a miserable paycheck-to-paycheck existence at a job she's not even good at, and a way to pursue her love of ballet. The catch is, she'll have to agree to marry him before she can actually meet him. And while Mr. Streiker seems to know all about her, she'll have to make her decision aided only by a folder full of letters and newsclippings that reveal his character and ...more
Nelson Suit
Mar 15, 2014 Nelson Suit rated it it was amazing
I read Streiker's Bride during my lunch hour whenever I could over several weeks. Those lunches were the highlight of my day. I found the story of Adair and the unusual courtship of her by the billionaire Fletcher to be engaging, suspenseful and fun. It reads in some ways like a detective mystery, where clues are revealed and the reader is always hoping to find out what will come next. Robin Hardy has a wonderful writing style and is a terrific storyteller. I remain struck at the different level ...more
Michelle Griep
Jul 28, 2010 Michelle Griep rated it it was amazing
I re-read this series every few years or so, it's that good...I mean GREAT! Streiker's Bride never fails to refresh my love for Jesus. It's an amazing contemporary allegory that brings to life just how much Jesus loves us. Do yourself a favor and read it. I have no doubt you'll be glad you did.
Debbie
Dec 26, 2009 Debbie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
"Streiker's Bride" was a unique, fun, and intriguing romance. I quickly became immersed in this fast-paced story. The characters were engaging and complex, and I cared what happened to them. The characters dealt with realistic struggles, and the plot wasn't predictable.

The novel is a bit like "The Chronicles of Narnia" in that there's a deeper layer or meaning to the story. There's no religious talk since the novel isn't overtly Christian. A non-Christian could read the novel and assume it's a c
Christy
Mar 04, 2015 Christy rated it it was amazing
The fashions are quite dated (literally laughably so!), but the STORY is absolutely amazing! I truly wish it would be republished so a new generation could read its message.
MLOW
Apr 08, 2014 MLOW rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
4.5 stars. So many parallels to ponder when you finish this book. It was a hard one to put down!
Michael Butterworth
Jan 23, 2015 Michael Butterworth rated it it was amazing
Exciting book! Tore through it in one day!
Melissa
Nice beach book!
Christine
Dec 15, 2012 Christine rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012, christian
Great story and beautiful representation of Christ's love for us. The writing was ... eh ... not great but very ok. The story was angsty for me as I identified so closely to Adair, and I wanted so much what she wanted. I would recommend it especially to those who don't want a lot of "religion" in their story.
Liz
Jan 03, 2013 Liz rated it it was amazing
Shelves: five-star
I read this book in the 90's I imagine. It is still just as good, if not better. It is an incredible adventure and love story between a woman who is living paycheck to paycheck and suddenly finds herself being sought by a man of great power, wealth, integrity, and love.
Jen Heinze
Jun 08, 2012 Jen Heinze rated it it was amazing
The Streiker Saga Trilogy is the first set of fiction books that I ever added to my personal library (we have an awesome library here) and the first trilogy that I have ever read more than once. I have to say that they are my favorite books of all time.
Denise Bailey
Aug 20, 2014 Denise Bailey rated it it was amazing
It was an amazing story. An allegory on Christ and his love for us.
Carly
Aug 27, 2014 Carly rated it liked it
WOW! I would have enjoyed this book SOOOO much more the first time if I'd known it was an allegory for the church's relationship with Christ, the Bridegroom!!!!
Donnette
Aug 22, 2008 Donnette rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite Romance Novels. It leaves you thinking about why things were done the way they were. When I want to escape I pick up this book.
Marcia Hill
Loved this allegory re. choosing Christ without ever seeing Him. Set in modern day Dallas. Different take but I loved it!
Susan
Mar 28, 2009 Susan rated it liked it
Not of high literary merit, but I enjoyed this modern Christian allegory. First book in Streiker Saga Trilogy.
Angela Sellers
May 01, 2009 Angela Sellers rated it really liked it
This was a good story, but my parents were convinced that it was a romance novel. (which it isn't)
Carol
Jul 23, 2008 Carol rated it it was amazing
A wonder novel dipicting Christ's love for us and our blinded trust in His love for us.
Kailey
Apr 28, 2015 Kailey rated it liked it
Shelves: owned-books
I liked this book. It has a good analogy behind it.
Sarah marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
Kim
Kim added it
Aug 16, 2016
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2016
Delfi
Delfi rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2016
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2016
Tina Howell
Tina Howell marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2016
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
Marcela Martinez
Marcela Martinez marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Daughter of China (Daughter of China #1)
  • Behold the Dawn
  • Songbird
  • A Ranger's Trail (Texas Trails, #4)
  • Dawn in My Heart (Regency #1)
  • God Of All Comfort
  • The Earl's Mistaken Bride (The Parson's Daughters, #1)
  • Beauty for Ashes
  • Newlywed Games
  • Kinship with All Life
  • Joy Takes Flight (Alaskan Skies, #3)
  • Menu for Romance (Brides of Bonneterre, #2)
  • Love Finds You in Bethlehem, New Hampshire
  • The Blackmailed Bride
  • Departures: Two Rediscovered Stories of Christy Miller and Sierra Jensen
  • A Certain Hope (Texas Hearts, #1)
  • The Griffin Cryer
  • The Good Girl's Guide to Great Sex: (And You Thought Bad Girls Have All the Fun)

“He's spent all his life in good-natured rebellion against the tyranny of the unimportant.” 3 likes