Start by marking “Een nieuwe kans (Heartland #3)” as Want to Read:
Een nieuwe kans (Heartland #3)

Een nieuwe kans (Heartland #3)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  2,136 ratings  ·  56 reviews
Heartland is a horse farm nestled in the hills of Virginia, but it's much more than that. Heartland is like no other place- it's a place where the scars of the past can be healed, a place where frightened and abused horses learn to trust again.
Published 2001 by Kluitman (first published October 8th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Een nieuwe kans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Een nieuwe kans

Phoebe
mehhh, not so great.

I first read these books when I was about 10 years old, and I was totally enchanted by the way Amy could work with horses, and the way she trained with natural methods, using herbs and alternative therapy.

Now being 15 years old, and training my own horses using alternative training methods and herbs, I see many things wrong and vague with these books.

Lauren Brooke has made it seem that all you need to do to train a horse is "ask" politely (using words!), give it a rub of this
04RachelW
I thought this book was a pretty good book. Its about a girl who takes on a lot of responsibility after her mom dies. She takes over her moms ranch that helps abused and abandoned horses. In this book, a good friend of her mom dies and leave a pony with no owner. Amy decides to take the horse in and care for it as her own. Her grandfather and sister thinks its just to much work and Amy wants to prove to them that its not. Her sister helps out with the financial at the ranch and her grandfather h ...more
Marie
Wow. Alright, so let's just take a moment to say: I am glad I didn't read this series as a kid. Every single book has left me feeling down and like I wanted to cry. Heavy on the angst here!
But on the same page I think it's important and interesting to discuss real life situations like death in books, even when the book is written for children. So maybe Lauren Brooke has hit on something there.
I still found the style of writing in this book to be a little off-putting. It does not flow, but the pl
Amanda
NOTE: I purchased a copy of this book used, from a local book shop that specializes in used books and book exchanges. I did not purchase a new copy of the book.

SYNPOSIS: Heartland is a horse farm nestled in the hills of Virginia, but it's much more than that. Heartland is like no other place - it's a place where scars of the past can be healed, where frightened and abused horses can learn to trust again. Pegasus is all Amy has left of her past, but he's steadily growing weaker. Amy's trying to c
Amber Harrison
I’m currently going through my bookshelves (that are in alphabetical order by author) and rereading them all. Through this I’m deciding which books to keep and which ones to get rid of. Unfortunately this is being made so much harder by the fact that I keep buying more books. :/ I’ve been doing this for a while and I’m only on the B’s. Due to the fact that I’ve read the other two books in the Heartland series (and some in the Chesnutt Hill series), before I started on Goodread’s, I’m not reviewi ...more
Amanda
I'm going to skip starring this one, because I think my age will make for an unfair review. I remember reading these as a kid and liking them. Now, however, I found the natural horsemanship propaganda just annoying--I all for alternative therapies, but it was just a bit much. (i.e. I found myself wanting to yell at them to call the damn vet rather than getting out some more oils.) I have a few more waiting, and I hate not reading free books, but I'm thinking I'll just pass them on.
Trine
Hayila
Heartland is a really good book. I liked the book because I could connect to Amy. If you love horses like I do, then this is a mist read!!!!!!
Makenzi
If you like hores than this is the book for you
Alexandra Lindner
It is a really good series
Jamie
Loving the series all over again!
Emjae Fisbeck
I thought that this book was really good and would recommend it if you're interested in horses and ranches. It also is a show and the show is really good in my opinion as well.
Amanda
I'm really impressed by the Heartland books so far. They tell the story of Amy Fleming and her family at their horse rescue/training centre, Heartland. Each book has also told the story of a horse who is in need of training or rehabilitation and it shows how Amy uses natural horsemanship and holistic remedies to help heal these horses. I love that they actually give reasoning behind why each method is being used and how they work.
Sammy
I read this right after the first book and I couldn't seem to put it down. Amy overcoming her struggle makes you feel for her and the pain that she has gone through. I would definitely recommend these books to young readers just starting to read chapter books.
Saddleseat Sammi
Kind of bland and sad. Not one of the best in the series. But that is what comes with a character death, so it was necessary, I guess. I liked the parts about Promise, though. Overall, not a book to read alone, but read it if you are reading the series!
Chandler
This is as far as I got in the Heartland series. Somewhere along the line I outgrew my obsession with animals and realized I didn't really care about this story any more and I stopped reading. it seemed a bit heavy and dramatic for me at the time.
Christina
Oct 21, 2014 Christina rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: young horse lovers; mild boy/girl drama for pre teens; good book for girls
she must overcome her mother's hole in their lives at Heartland and the sickness of Pegasus... short, quick easy read. this series is worthwhile, and comparable to Thoroughbred series and such books as A Horse Called Wonder.
Twyla
Caroline Close
i think this is the best book ever. i gave the novel five stars because i read this book alot because it is about horses.
Hannah32st
It was sad because a girl lost her mom and a horse named Pegasus, which is all she has left of her mom but picture and books
Miquaelia
I love heartland both the tv series and the books. they are totally different but still amaze me. Heartland forever!!!
Christa
this book was awesome just like the other heartland books that followed before it! I loved it!
Writerchic
I liked this book, but not as much as the other books in the series. It was sad!
Hailey

Amazing series im already on the 7th book and its so dramatic and i luv it 4 dat
Chloe Richins
This book was amazing i would request for all af you animal loves to read it
:) CHLOE
Cale_Steps
Good to pass time. Can be interesting/exciting-but def. for horse freaks!
Maggie Mallory
Another good book in the "Heartland" series. Highly recommended.
Rebecca
Apr 01, 2008 Rebecca rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: TO ANYONE WHO LOVE ANAMIALS
Shelves: rebeccas-fav-s
A GOOD STROY WITH ALOT OF ACTION AND ORDER IT IS REALLY GOOD
was this sad 1 4 Jan 28, 2013 02:34PM
  • Mustang Moon (Phantom Stallion, #2)
  • Samantha's Pride (Thoroughbred, #7)
Lauren Brooke grew up in a ranch in Virginia and now lives in Leicestershire, England. Her husband is a veterinarian who specializes in horses. Her books have been published by Scholastic since Mid-2000, starting with the first book of the Heartland book series. The first book of her popular Chestnut Hill series was published in 2005.

According to an interview on scholastics' website, Lauren Brooke
More about Lauren Brooke...

Heartland (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Coming Home (Heartland, #1)
  • After the Storm (Heartland, #2)
  • Taking Chances (Heartland, #4)
  • Come What May (Heartland, #5)
  • One Day You'll Know (Heartland, #6)
  • Out of the Darkness (Heartland, #7)
  • Thicker Than Water (Heartland, #8)
  • Every New Day (Heartland, #9)
  • Tomorrow's Promise (Heartland, #10)
  • True Enough (Heartland, #11)
Coming Home (Heartland, #1) After the Storm (Heartland, #2) Taking Chances (Heartland, #4) Come What May (Heartland, #5) One Day You'll Know (Heartland, #6)