Harper Connelly Mysteries Quartet

Harper Connelly Mysteries Quartet (Harper Connelly #1-4)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  261 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Harper Connelly Mysteries Quartet Another acclaimed paranormal mystery series by the author of the #1 New York Times bestselling Sookie Stackhouse novels that inspired HBO's True Blood. These four novels introduce a "winning heroine"* who uses psychic skills to help law enforcement provide justice for the dead. "A series that just might surpass all [Harris's] others in pop...more
Published March 1st 2011 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about Harper Connelly Mysteries Quartet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Harper Connelly Mysteries Quartet

Glenajo
Struck by lightening during her teens, Harper Connelly began sensing bodies calling her after death allowing her to determine who they are and how they died. Though she grew up in a highly dysfunctional family, she deigns to live an ethical life using her only skill. Her stepbrother, Tolliver, works as her ‘handler’ to line up jobs as they travel the country and answer client’s questions. In each of the four novels in this Kindle edition, after locating a body, Connelly works to discover the cir...more
Kiersten Pawsey
I've read Charlaine Harris before in the form of the Sooke Stackhouse (true blood) series. I wasn't sure what to expect but was pleasantly surprised. The Harper Connelly series comprises of 4 books which follow Harpe and her "brother" Tolliver as they find the missing dead with Harpers special gift. There are several colourful characters along they way. I really enjoyed reading this set of books, it's different from the vampires in Sookie books but really enjoyable.
ALPHAreader
This is my favourite of Charlaine Harris’s series, after ‘Southern Vampire: Sookie Stackhouse’.

Fans of the Sookie books can appreciate that ‘Harper Connelly’ does have a supernatural bent. Harper’s world is our world, real life in which there are no vampires, werewolves or fey. The ‘Harper Connelly’ series looks at the supernatural from a realist perspective – and Harper is a protagonist dealing with other people’s pessimism and blatant distrust of her and her abilities. In this series Charlaine...more
Leah Rose snow
Wish there was more
Meg Foley
3.5, actually. Harper is quirky and real, and I would look forward to more from her POV. But I'm not expecting it.
Missusvonkysmeed
Really enjoyed these well crafted mysteries. I likes how the clues were given in tiny drabs so that I figured out what was happening as the characters did. I hate it when so many clues are given that I have already solved the mystery several chapters before the characters have and these books didn't do that to me.
Jennifer Gehle
I liked these stories better than the sookie stackhouse series. It's about a woman who was struck by lightning as a child and now can find dead bodies, and does, as her career, traveling around with her stepbrother who is her agent. But with uncovering dead bodies comes the uncovering of what, or who, killed them.
Stephanie Soto
Definitely recommend this series! It's an easy read. I have to be honest after reading the first book I was skeptical about reading the rest but the second book sucked me right in! I don't know why I was worried- Charlaine Harris never disappoints!
Stacie Morrell
This quartet is a great read, and I hope she plans to do more...
Shell
Really enjoyed all 4 shame there isn't more to read!!
Julie
This series is a great mystery series. Great plot twists!
Julie Pinell
Wow what a series. Love it
Lauren Graham
Lauren Graham marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Gina gamill
Gina gamill marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Mickey Allanson
Mickey Allanson marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Samsoon
Samsoon marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Marjorie
Marjorie marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Jerrie Comstock
Jerrie Comstock marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Victoria Richards
Victoria Richards marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
  • Blood of Innocence (Sloane Skye, #2)
  • Alex (Rylee Adamson #5.5)
  • Rules of Survival
  • Deliverance (Mortal Path, #3)
  • Forever Road
  • Lost to the Gray (Shaede Assassin, #2.5)
  • Shifting Winds (Tales of the Darkworld, #1)
  • Lila Shortcuts (Lila)
  • Cupid Cats (Dark Ones #7.5 (Unleashed))
  • Exposure (Virals, #4)
  • Monster in My Closet (Monster Haven, #1)
  • Darkest Powers Bonus Pack 2 (Darkest Powers Trilogy #3.5, 3.6)
  • To Dance With the Devil (Blood Singer, #6)
  • Of Shadow Born (Shadow World, #4)
  • Grave Secret (Secret McQueen, #5)
  • Deadly Gift (Flynn Brothers, #3)
  • An Ill-Advised Rescue Part 2 (Kate Daniels)
  • Deadly Crush (Deadly Trilogy, #1)
Charlaine Harris has been a published novelist for over twenty-five years. A native of the Mississippi Delta, she grew up in the middle of a cotton field. Now she lives in southern Arkansas with her husband, her three children, three dogs, and a duck. The duck stays outside.

Though her early output consisted largely of ghost stories, by the time she hit college (Rhodes, in Memphis) Charlaine was wr...more
More about Charlaine Harris...
Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1) Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse, #2) Dead to the World (Sookie Stackhouse, #4) Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #3) Dead as a Doornail (Sookie Stackhouse, #5)