Start by marking “Emotional Intelligence in Action: Training and Coaching Activities for Leaders and Managers” as Want to Read:

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  17 ratings  ·  3 reviews
"Emotional Intelligence in Action" shows how to tap the power of EI through forty-six exercises that can be used to build effective emotional skills and create real change. The workouts are designed to align with the four leading emotional intelligence measures—EQ-I or EQ-360, ECI 360, MSCEIT, and EQ Map, —or can be used independently or as part of a wider leadership and m ...more
Published February 23rd 2011 by Pfeiffer (first published August 19th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Emotional Intelligence in Action, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Emotional Intelligence in Action

Jsvrcc1
I have become very interested in EI lately and I am trying to read as much as I can on this topic. Having read 6 books on EI already and having watched dozens of clips on EI on youtube, I still find this book highly valuable. In particular I enjoyed learning about:
a) the different systems to test EI
b) examples of EI skills from movies
c) practical examples and exercises to improve individual EI skills.
J. Schmidt
A good book on EI with plenty of exercises and inspiring questions. I only give it 4 stars as I noticed Marcia Hughes borrowed (too) many ideas from the book "The EQ Edge".
Matthew Batten
Very clear introduction to EI but too basic for anyone who already has a good understanding of the concepts. Training examples are all discussion based facilitation and are a bit samey. Still, a useful read.
Nawaf Basindwa
Nawaf Basindwa marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
Carine
Carine marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Jimisiah Jaafar
Jimisiah Jaafar marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Deena Fouad
Deena Fouad marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Gayathri
Gayathri marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Yoriko Matsuda
Yoriko Matsuda marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Steve Rusch
Steve Rusch marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Amy Hannaford
Amy Hannaford marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Jacob Zilbar
Jacob Zilbar marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Ahmed Soliman
Ahmed Soliman marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Junna Pamela
Junna Pamela marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Maurizio Scalari
Maurizio Scalari marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2014
Chris Bellin
Chris Bellin marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2014
Warren
Warren marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2013
The Emotionally Intelligent Team: Understanding and Developing the Behaviors of Success Handbook for Developing Emotional and Social Intelligence: Best Practices, Case Studies, and Strategies Team Emotional & Social Intelligence Survey: TESI Short The Emotional Intelligence in Action Activities Guide Life's 2% Solution: Simple Steps to Achieve Happiness and Balance