Start by marking “Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 02” as Want to Read:
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 02

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 02 (Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Renewal Editions #2)

4.46  ·  Rating Details  ·  4,902 Ratings  ·  278 Reviews
Luna è finalmente riuscita a risvegliare le guerriere Sailor: Ami, Rei e Mako si sono infatti unite a Sailor Moon per aiutarla nella sua missione, la ricerca del Cristallo d'Argento Illusorio. Ma ancora manca qualcuno all'appello... e tanti sono ancora i ricordi celati e i misteri da risolvere per raggiungere l'obiettivo.
Paperback, GP Club #10, 238 pages
Published December 2010 by GP Publishing (first published October 6th 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 02, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Steph Sinclair
Another favorite shoujo and anime series is Sailor Moon. If you haven’t read this yet? WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR IT’S LIKE THE BEST THING EVER. I’m slowly making my way through the new manga as they release them and let me just say that the colored pages are AMAZEBALLS. Also, SWEET NOSTALGIA. This was my face after I found out they were re-releasing the manga and rebooting the anime series:

description
Nikki
Apr 30, 2016 Nikki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is so good!! I need to start the next one ASAP!!
kathalovesbooks
ach es ist sailor moon was soll ich noch dazu sagen? :P
Volume 2 picks up right after Mamoru Chiba has taken Usagi to his apartment after she's used all her energy to revive the people of Tokyo. Sounds kina creepy, I know, but it's somehow endearing in this situation. Now Mamo-chan and Usako know each other's "secret" identities, and are becoming closer than ever. At the same time, Sailor V Makes The Scene (sorry, couldn't resist!) and announces that she is the long-sought Princess. However, once Tuxedo Mask is injured during his attempt to shield Sa ...more
Shera (Book Whispers)
Mar 21, 2014 Shera (Book Whispers) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, 2011
Kukuku! This volume really surprised me! Especially the relationships between Usagi and Mamoru (Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask). Takeuchi did a wonderful job of making me feel for these two in such a short amount of time. Especially, once the all the scouts finally meet up—SailorV finally comes in. The whole Princess of the Moon was handled very well, and if the art for the missing princess had been a bit more vague I think it could have almost fooled readers. Make that a really big almost. Ok. No ...more
Guille Osorio
Jan 06, 2015 Guille Osorio rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A funny, lovely and touching story. Yes, it's corny, but we all are a little bit. Sometimes haahahaha

I could read this manga forever. The artwork is SO beautiful <3
Fox
Jun 26, 2016 Fox rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Deanna
Apr 05, 2016 Deanna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review was originally posted on my review blog Deanna Reads:

Okay, I still love Sailor Moon, like so much, so of course I wanted to included a review of this second volume as a part of Comic Book Month. I think the only reason why I didn't give this one a 5-star rating is since I watched the TV series it seemed so familiar. I'm not sure why they wanted to reboot the anime, because I think as far as this volume goes the original tv series did this justice. So at times it does seem really repe
Artemis
I'm finally doing it. I'm reviewing each of the 'Sailor Moon' manga volumes. Bit by bit I'll talk about a magical girl series so dear to my heart. A girl power series I love so much - out of nostalgia and current analysis, because despite what's on the surface, Naoko Takeuchi's popular manga is deeper and more meaningful, touching, complex and dramatic than one might expect.

And the second volume is where things really get good.

Gone are a lot of the silly quirks (though there are still a few funn
Zoë Powley
I love Sailor Moon. I think it’s amazing, and I have since I was a little kid. I remember watching it on tv. I remember acting out the transformation scenes. I remember collecting all the wands and trying to figure out which of the Guardians was my favourite. Getting to read it now as an adult is so wonderful because it's something I love, but I'm getting to experience it all over again.

I don't really have much to say except that I loved it. I adore the art style, and if you've see my instagram
Natalie
Jen • Just One More Page

This review is also posted on my blog.

(view spoiler)
Naomi
Mar 20, 2012 Naomi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, I'm still not getting how no one guessed Sailor Moon was the Moon Princess before it is 'shockingly' revealed by the moon on her forehead. I guess the Sailor Venus double-thing works, but it still is blatantly obvious that Sailor Moon is the princess. Oh well. (view spoiler)

There were a few interesting turns, but I find that Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask's relationship just shot up out of no where.
Chibineko
I'll admit that this is one of my favorite parts of the series for reasons I can't really divulge due to spoiler reasons. (There's got to be at least 4-5 people who haven't seen the anime or read the Wikipedia synopsis.) I'm going to review this in two parts: the artwork and the story.

First the artwork: It's gorgeous. This is a pivotal time in the series, so the artwork gets both dreamy and serious accordingly. The splash pages at the beginning of the manga really are fun to look at. A great add
Jessica-Robyn
Now that we've gotten all the introductions out of the way, I'm excited to see where Sailor Moon will take me.

This volume was all about the mythology. It answers a lot of the questions posed in volume one. And although it didn't have a lot of information about the Guardians themselves, the mission has become infinitely more clear. This can only be a good thing as the plot quickly progresses.

I'm still surprised how much happens in just these first two books. In just this volume alone there were
Irena
Oct 25, 2012 Irena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sailor V appears and Artemis claims that she is Princess Serenity. Alright.

Now, has it never occurred to the five girls that they're all PLANETS, but Sailor Moon is a Satellite orbiting the Earth? If one of them was indeed the Princess, wouldn't she somehow stand out and not be the THIRD planet away from the sun?

Mercuy - Venus - Earth (Moon) - Mars - Jupiter... (later we have Pluto coming but not that has been completely spoiled now that we know that Pluto's actually a dwarf planet).

Anyhow, I li
Maddie
May 09, 2016 Maddie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
How many times could the words "The legendary silver crystal" be mentioned? Like a 1000? Felt like it. I did like this book better than the first though!
Tayna Tavares
Feb 20, 2015 Tayna Tavares rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
while the first volume seemed kinda silly, this second one was so good that for a second I thought it was the end of the story. Can't wait to read the next one *-*
Lady Flo
Sep 08, 2015 Lady Flo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
wow gooooodddd, I didn't expected events to happen so quickly, but it's okay. It's getting more and more interesting ^_^
Anna
Aug 16, 2016 Anna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ich liebe es einfach wieder mit Sailor Moon Abenteuer zu bestreiten. Es macht einfach Spaß :D
Carolina Carriço
Jul 10, 2014 Carolina Carriço rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Tuxedo Mask and Usagi are just too damn cute. I love, love, love this series !!!
Butterfly2507
Jul 24, 2014 Butterfly2507 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
LOVE IT! Tuxedo Mask <3 Ich will die Reihe unbedingt vervollständigen :)
Kate
Feb 16, 2016 Kate rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
"And most of all, don't forget that underlying everything else that happens, you are a girl/Because that is where your real meaning lies"

im literally 24 years old and i needed to hear this today (and probably every day)
Kate
Jul 18, 2015 Kate rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A lot happens in this volume - so much so you have to wonder what's left for the other ten coming!

Our main plot really here is the love story between Usagi and Mamoru. Love is perhaps a loose word to use when it comes to those two names but things come to ahead very dramatically and very, very quickly with the final Guardian of Justice joining the team and everyone becoming fully awakened to who they really are/were.

There's a whole lot of heavy stuff going on here for a group of teenagers. Usag
Allison
I'm reading this from the perspective of someone who has been watching Sailor Moon since junior high and who is currently watching Sailor Moon Crystal, so my high rating can probably be chalked up to a combination of fangirl-nonsense-blindness and the manga being better than Sailor Moon Crystal. I really enjoyed reading this manga, but to some extent, the plot didn't matter. I'd just seen the same ground covered in Sailor Moon Crystal, but here, it was done with more personality and somehow, sti ...more
Cassandra Miller
Apr 22, 2014 Cassandra Miller rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Oh Usagi and Mamoru, someday you will live happily ever after, but not today.
This is my favourite volume of the Sailor Moon manga simply because I love how Usagi finds out Mamoru is Tuxedo Mask (I am sorry but the anime version is just sad in comparison, he has a rose therefore he must be Tuxedo Mask, please). In the manga it is so much more then just a mask or a rose, it is the colour of his eyes. Usagi even says that she is surprised she never saw it before, the colour of his eyes, like she co
Sharon
Mar 06, 2014 Sharon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Austin Gullett
Jun 29, 2016 Austin Gullett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The second volume of the Sailor Moon rerelease actually has a pretty consistent theme--the five chapters ("acts") included in this volume aren't just the next five in the sequence, they also introduce one of the most important but oft overlooked themes in the series: identity. Like the Kingdom Hearts video games, Sailor Moon has a reputation for not making much sense in the plot department. Nobody can keep straight the differences between Usagi, Serenity, the other Serenity, and Sailor Moon, for ...more
Lauren AKA randomfreckles
I like it but it's super hard to follow
Lee Ann
Dec 07, 2015 Lee Ann rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, 2015
I don't know what it is about the Four Kings of Heaven, but their storyline just gets to me every single time. ;( They make for some damn good tragic villains.

The difference between Sailor Moon and the Codename: Sailor V manga is so striking in this stretch of SM. It gets pretty dark pretty fast, with Tuxedo Mask being kidnapped by the enemy and brainwashed to work for them, so that Usagi and her friends have to fight against him. The Sailor Scouts travel to the moon and learn about their past l
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Omnibus 2
  • Revolutionary Girl Utena, Vol. 3: To Sprout
  • Zodiac Starforce #1
  • Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, Vol. 2
  • 六花の勇者 (Rokka no Yuusha, #1)
  • Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Vol. 2
Naoko Takeuchi (武内 直子, Takeuchi Naoko) born March 15, 1967, a manga artist (mangaka), lives in Tokyo, Japan. Takeuchi's works have a wide following among anime/manga fans. She has become a well-known mangaka worldwide. Her most popular work, Sailor Moon, rose to become one of the most recognized manga/anime figures to date.

Takeuchi is married to Yoshihiro Togashi, the author of YuYu Hakusho series
More about Naoko Takeuchi...

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Renewal Editions (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • 美少女戦士セーラームーン 1 (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Renewal Editions, #1)
  • Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 3 (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Renewal Editions, #3)
  • Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 4 (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Renewal Editions, #4)
  • Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 5 (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Renewal Editions, #5)
  • Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 6 (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Renewal Editions, #6)
  • Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 7 (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Renewal Editions, #7)
  • Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 8 (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Renewal Editions, #8)
  • Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 9 (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Renewal Editions, #9)
  • Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 10 (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Renewal Editions, #10)
  • 美少女戦士セーラームーン 11 [Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon 11]

“I feel, right now, that if time stopped at this moment, it would be just fine by me.” 5 likes
“Whenever I think of him... I don't know why, but my chest feels so tight, it's hard to breathe. I need to keep it secret just a little bit longer.” 2 likes