Start by marking “Batman: The Ultimate Guide to the Dark Knight” as Want to Read:
Batman: The Ultimate Guide to the Dark Knight

Batman: The Ultimate Guide to the Dark Knight

3.98  ·  Rating Details  ·  210 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Batman: The Animated Series Guide focus on the characters and storylines from these TV shows.
Published February 28th 2005 by DK Publishing (Dorling Kindersley) (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Batman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Batman

StoryTellerShannon
They're not kidding when they titled this the ultimate guide. It's especially good for those who don't know much about Batman besides the movies and it's a nice addition for standard Batman fans or those who simply did not acquire every graphic novel about him in the past several decades.

Each topic is typically two pages that are 85% pictures and 15% information.

Contents are divides as follows: Batman's World (which covers the Bat-Suit, Bat Gadgets, Lovers and so forth), Allies of the Bat, Rogue
Valerie
Oct 12, 2012 Valerie rated it liked it
As far as I can tell, a good intro to the mythos of Batman. I really appreciated that there was a timeline in the back of the book--it helped me put the characters and plotlines into a historical context. I underestimated how well-written and literary some of the characters and stories are; some of them seem downright elegant. I feel like a snob. (But then, some of the shit in the Batman universe sounds hokey and terrible and just really silly, so I guess, as with any medium, there's good and ba ...more
Mark
Apr 14, 2012 Mark rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, batman
A big, fun book full of color pictures and stories that walk the reader through the history of Batman.

Heavy on images but light on information.

Notes
Good reference material for old and new readers.

Learning Curve
Low: Good for new readers
Heather
Aug 02, 2009 Heather rated it it was amazing
I also love this book too! It really appeals to a limited audience (mainly Batman nerds like me) but it's still really cool!
Marcos Yannelli
May 28, 2015 Marcos Yannelli rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
Is a best guide to know more better the Caped Crusader
Victor Orozco
Dec 25, 2014 Victor Orozco rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice little rundown on the history of the Dark Knight. B-
Maryse
Jul 25, 2008 Maryse rated it liked it
When it said "Ultimate", I thought it would cover everything. It does, in a way, but most of the facts come from the modern, dark Batman comics rather than the Bob Kane incarnation. I would have appreciated it more if it traced the Batman's story through the years and how it changed, similar to what Tim DeFalco did for Spiderman's ultimate guide. Nevertheless, considering that it came at a cheaper price than my Spidey guide, I'd say it's still a pretty good guide.
Duncan Wilson
a great brief introduction to the batman universe. it covers the batfamily, associates, gadget & vehicles and rogues gallery; although now horrendously outdated as this is pre-New 52. although thsat is about to get muddled around with so i doubt there will ever be a definitive guide to Batman any time soon :)
a good selection of pictures from across the decades and a fun read.
Rahmat Romadon
Jul 20, 2011 Rahmat Romadon rated it liked it
Seneng banget pertama kali dapetin buku ini. Seperti ensiklopedia yang isinya menjelaskan segala sesuatu tentang Batman mulai dari sejarah, rekan/musuh, hingga aksesoris/peralatan terkecil yang dipergunakan Dark Knight saat memberantas kejahatan di Gotham City. Wajib dimiliki bagi para fans berat Batman.
Ismail menasterly
Sep 29, 2008 Ismail menasterly rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone
I like this book because batman is another one of my favorite heroes, and this book tells of all his adventures and all of his weapons. it tells of every villain he encounters and all his allies and his looks throughout the silver age, golden age and now
Patrick
Sep 14, 2013 Patrick rated it really liked it
Shelves: batman, dc-comics
Good stuff. Tons of info in this. I learned a few things, this is great if You want to know some origin stories of villains and Batman's allies as well.
Cory
Aug 04, 2012 Cory rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reference
Clear, simple and informative. An absolute must have for any fan of the Dark Knight and his fellow caped crusaders.
Kathryn
May 09, 2009 Kathryn rated it liked it
Seems to me that quite a bit of what I consider to be essential Batman was missing...but it was still cool.
Eloise-mae Varga
Jan 17, 2013 Eloise-mae Varga rated it it was amazing
Shelves: snow-night
I loved reading this book their is nothing rong with its book exept its so cool.
Benjamin
Feb 25, 2012 Benjamin rated it really liked it
a great guide to batman, his allies, and his foes.
all batman fans, read this!
Abby
Aug 23, 2012 Abby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say, I'm partial to superheroes.
Jack glatz
Oct 18, 2011 Jack glatz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like this book but to many pictures
Abraham Ray
May 01, 2015 Abraham Ray rated it liked it
nice book about batman!
Catherine
Catherine rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2016
Rita Sassatelli
Rita Sassatelli marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Kurt
Kurt marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
colyn rogers
colyn rogers marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Joel Gordon
Joel Gordon rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2016
Jaspar Piper
Jaspar Piper marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Msbookworm
Msbookworm rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2016
  • The Essential Batman Encyclopedia
  • X-Men: The Ultimate Guide (Third Edition)
  • Spider-Man: The Ultimate Guide
  • Superman: The Complete History
  • DC Comics Year by Year: A Visual Chronicle
  • Batman: Murder at Wayne Manor
  • The Dark Knight Manual: Tools, Weapons, Vehicles and Documents from the Batcave
  • Spider-Man 3