Start by marking “Batman: The Ultimate Guide to the Dark Knight” as Want to Read:
Batman: The Ultimate Guide to the Dark Knight

Batman: The Ultimate Guide to the Dark Knight

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  183 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Batman: The Animated Series Guide focus on the characters and storylines from these TV shows.
Published February 28th 2005 by DK Publishing (Dorling Kindersley) (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Batman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Batman

StoryTellerShannon
They're not kidding when they titled this the ultimate guide. It's especially good for those who don't know much about Batman besides the movies and it's a nice addition for standard Batman fans or those who simply did not acquire every graphic novel about him in the past several decades.

Each topic is typically two pages that are 85% pictures and 15% information.

Contents are divides as follows: Batman's World (which covers the Bat-Suit, Bat Gadgets, Lovers and so forth), Allies of the Bat, Rogue
Valerie
As far as I can tell, a good intro to the mythos of Batman. I really appreciated that there was a timeline in the back of the book--it helped me put the characters and plotlines into a historical context. I underestimated how well-written and literary some of the characters and stories are; some of them seem downright elegant. I feel like a snob. (But then, some of the shit in the Batman universe sounds hokey and terrible and just really silly, so I guess, as with any medium, there's good and ba ...more
Mark
A big, fun book full of color pictures and stories that walk the reader through the history of Batman.

Heavy on images but light on information.

Notes
Good reference material for old and new readers.

Learning Curve
Low: Good for new readers
Heather
I also love this book too! It really appeals to a limited audience (mainly Batman nerds like me) but it's still really cool!
Marcos Yannelli
Is a best guide to know more better the Caped Crusader
Victor Orozco
Nice little rundown on the history of the Dark Knight. B-
Maryse
When it said "Ultimate", I thought it would cover everything. It does, in a way, but most of the facts come from the modern, dark Batman comics rather than the Bob Kane incarnation. I would have appreciated it more if it traced the Batman's story through the years and how it changed, similar to what Tim DeFalco did for Spiderman's ultimate guide. Nevertheless, considering that it came at a cheaper price than my Spidey guide, I'd say it's still a pretty good guide.
Duncan Wilson
a great brief introduction to the batman universe. it covers the batfamily, associates, gadget & vehicles and rogues gallery; although now horrendously outdated as this is pre-New 52. although thsat is about to get muddled around with so i doubt there will ever be a definitive guide to Batman any time soon :)
a good selection of pictures from across the decades and a fun read.
Rahmat Romadon
Seneng banget pertama kali dapetin buku ini. Seperti ensiklopedia yang isinya menjelaskan segala sesuatu tentang Batman mulai dari sejarah, rekan/musuh, hingga aksesoris/peralatan terkecil yang dipergunakan Dark Knight saat memberantas kejahatan di Gotham City. Wajib dimiliki bagi para fans berat Batman.
Ismail menasterly
Sep 29, 2008 Ismail menasterly rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
I like this book because batman is another one of my favorite heroes, and this book tells of all his adventures and all of his weapons. it tells of every villain he encounters and all his allies and his looks throughout the silver age, golden age and now
Patrick
Good stuff. Tons of info in this. I learned a few things, this is great if You want to know some origin stories of villains and Batman's allies as well.
Cory
Clear, simple and informative. An absolute must have for any fan of the Dark Knight and his fellow caped crusaders.
Kathryn
Seems to me that quite a bit of what I consider to be essential Batman was missing...but it was still cool.
Eloise-mae Varga
I loved reading this book their is nothing rong with its book exept its so cool.
Benjamin
a great guide to batman, his allies, and his foes.
all batman fans, read this!
Abby
What can I say, I'm partial to superheroes.
Jack glatz
I like this book but to many pictures
Abraham Ray
nice book about batman!
Richard A.
Richard A. marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
Gobnait
Gobnait marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Onyxx
Onyxx is currently reading it
Aug 06, 2015
Hazel
Hazel marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
John Martin
John Martin marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
  • The Essential Batman Encyclopedia
  • X-Men: The Ultimate Guide (Third Edition)
  • Spider-Man: The Ultimate Guide
  • DC Comics Year by Year: A Visual Chronicle
  • Batman: The Complete History
  • Batman: Murder at Wayne Manor
  • The Dark Knight Manual: Tools, Weapons, Vehicles and Documents from the Batcave
  • The Art and Making of The Dark Knight Trilogy
  • Batman and the Outsiders, Volume 1: The Chrysalis
  • Green Arrow/Black Canary: Road to the Altar
  • The Untold Legend of the Batman
  • Bat-Manga!: The Secret History of Batman in Japan
Batgirl: Year One The DC Comics Encyclopedia The Batman Handbook The Avengers: The Ultimate Guide to Earth's Mightiest Heroes Wonder Woman: The Ultimate Guide to The Amazon Princess