Start by marking “Krev Amberu (Kroniky Amberu, #7)” as Want to Read:
Krev Amberu (Kroniky Amberu, #7)

Krev Amberu (The Chronicles of Amber #7)

4.05  ·  Rating Details ·  9,763 Ratings  ·  104 Reviews
Pronásledován zákeřným nepřítelem musí Merle bojovat se spletitým předivem pomsty a vraždění. Merle Corey ze San Franciska – je však Merlinem – synem Corwina, ztraceného Prince Amberu; a mocnosti vyvolané k zničení Královského dómu rozpoutávají šílené čáry, které mohou udeřit kdekoli. Přímo v srdci Amberu...
Published 1994 by AND Classic (first published January 1st 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Krev Amberu, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Krev Amberu

Dan Schwent
Dec 11, 2009 Dan Schwent rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zelazny
Picking up where Trumps of Doom left off, Merle continues trying to figure out who's trying to kill him. Along the way, he discovers more about his friend Luke Raynard, saves the family from being killed at the funeral of one of their own, learns of previously unknown members of the royal family, and discovers he has an ally of sorts that can switch bodies. But can he figure out how these clues fit together before he is killed and Amber is destroyed...

Blood of Amber has more than its share of tw
Gabriel C.
May 27, 2012 Gabriel C. rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, 2012
Have I described the plots of these puerile wisps of toilet water and rotting sour cream? They're all about these all-powerful assholes who have the foresight and connection to human nature of ten year olds. These people try to kill each other all the time, and always end up forgiving each other for no reason at all. Faced with the fact that a friend has been calculatedly deceiving him about his identity, motivations, occupations, and affinity for close to a decade, and the fact that he had no i ...more
Elisabeth
Apr 01, 2013 Elisabeth rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Well, that took forever.
Merlin is boring. His life is boring; his problems are boring. And now he's in Wonderland. WTF Zelazny? How's the LSD?

Seriously. I will keep reading the series, because potential. And completion. But I miss Corwin I think more than Merlin does. I like the potential of sorcery, but I really think this thing is being dragged out for no damn reason. Why were the first five books so much more engaging and fantastical? Even the 900th trip through Shadow held my interest better
Pam Baddeley
Dec 18, 2016 Pam Baddeley rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This is the seventh Amber novel by Zelazny, and the second in the follow-up five-book sequence about Corwin's son Merlin. In this book, Merlin, also called Merle, escapes the prison where his 'friend' Luke stowed him - at the end of previous book, Luke was revealed to be the son of Brand, the psychotic Amberite who tried to destroy the others in the original series. He is seeking revenge for his father, who the others had no choice but to kill, but it seems he's mixed-up because although he was ...more
Loreley
Jan 03, 2016 Loreley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
საინტერესო რაღაცეები ხდება :3 ისე მართლა, ცოტა უფრო პატარა სანათესაო რომ ჰქონოდათ ამბერის პრინცებს, გაცილებით უფრო მშვიდად იცხოვრებდნენ :))

P.S. (view spoiler)
Joel
May 11, 2015 Joel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
This part of the series is picking up again - now that I've adjusted to Merlin as a main character (even though he's oddly similar to Corwin), as well as the seemingly new rules surrounding magic (Marlin is just a spellslinger now?).

I still am not enjoying this arc as much as the initial 5, but they move fast and are still very entertaining. I look forward to finishing out the entire arc.
Patrick
To be quite honest, I didn't find this installment to be interesting at all. It seemed to drag on forever and, like all the Amber books, has chapters that are far too long for their own good. The book just couldn't hold my attention or interest and is probably the weakest installment for Amber to date, in my personal opinion.
Cathy
Dec 10, 2009 Cathy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like these books even better than the original Amber series. Not quite the same magic of originality, but a much tighter and more suspenseful story. With nice touches of humor.
Alex
Jan 21, 2013 Alex rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I felt like this book was focusing more on thickening plots rather than action itself, and although it doesn't end with any kind of closure, it is my favorite book in the series so far. Just like the first 5 books, the plot progresses at a fascinating pace, you never really know who's a friend and who's the enemy, except this time there are twice as many characters to suspect, and a few who seem to be just sitting back and waiting to step into the action some time later. What I love most about t ...more
Bryan
Feb 09, 2013 Bryan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought Zelazny really stepped it up on this one.

The previous book in the series, Trumps Of Doom, featured a new character as the protagonist/narrator; Merlin, the son of Corwin of Amber, who narrated the first five books. In Trumps, Merlin failed to live up to his father's sheer coolness, and thus that book excited me less than the first five. In fact, the Merlin we meet in Trumps came across as a bit of a chump, and we still see some of that in Blood Of Amber as well(seriously, he can't figu
Iain
Jul 31, 2012 Iain rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Going into Blood of Amber and tens of pages into it, it felt like this was going to bring the second five book set back on track and move towards answering the various questions the series was bringing up. For a quite a while the story was really good, with less of the 'filler pages' that plague some of the books in the series and more interesting ideas. It carried itself well, resolving one of the big mystery characters in a good solid reveal.

And then ... I don't know. Somewhere in this book it
Michael
Dec 16, 2010 Michael rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, 2010
Book 7 of 10 of the Amber Chronicles. These books just keep getting better. The story structure is much better in books 6 and 7 than the previous installments. It seems that Zelazny finally got in the zone. Lots of mystery in the last two and it leaves questions unanswered at the end. Fortunately, I don't have to wait in order to read the next one.

One thing I am concerned about are the endings. They just don't quite satisfy. Book 5 in the series was the end of Corwin as the protagonist in the f
Eloise Sunshine
Jun 07, 2014 Eloise Sunshine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tõeseid tähelepanekuid elust enesest:

Kõige rohkem näis talle aga muret tegevat see, et lindprii Dalt võis veel elus olla. [-]
"Kõigepealt, ma nägin, kuidas Benedict ta läbi torkas. Reeglina kipub selline asi inimese karjäärile punkti panema," ütles Random.
"Vintske vend," pakkusin. "Või meeletu vedamine. Või mõlemad koos." (lk 54)
Ashkhan
Aug 01, 2010 Ashkhan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-fantasy, fantasy
I wholeheartedly recommend all the books from the Amber Chronicles. Once you read the first novel you'll stop only after you'll have read them all. I've re-read this book and the whole series at least three-times. Even after all these years I still rate it as one of the best series I've ever read.
Kat  Hooper
Apr 28, 2011 Kat Hooper rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
re-read in audio format. Will review soon at www.fantasyliterature.com
Emre
May 06, 2016 Emre rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yazarın büyünün yapılışını değil de, bu yeteneğin ardındaki gücü ve felsefesini betimleme şekli beni mest ediyor.
Олександра Орлова
Історія про Мерліна все більше скидається на фентезі-фентезі, бо кількість магії, як і таємниць зростає. Ну, не дарма ж він Мерлін, ага. І, о, я жалілася на нестачу сильних жіночих образів, от один є, щоправда, до кінця його природа, як і автентична стать, невідома, але це вже дрібниці. Персонажі попереднього п'ятикнижжя стали зовсім декоративними, але, на щастя, у Мерля є власне цікаве товариство і не менш знакові вороги. Далі буде...
Lonely Shikari
Насыщенная событиями, загадками, персонажами, но хаотичная и местами несвязная книга, к тому же, со множеством повторений одного и того же, как из прошлых книг, так и из непосредственно этой. В целом же, хорошее продолжение эпичной серии, хотя и скучноватое, на мой взгляд.
Amudov
Oct 10, 2016 Amudov rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Толкова безидейно... Определено я е мислил в движение. Голямо разочарование на фона на цялата поредица.
Peter Kalin
The second series picks up a bit in this book. Still not the equal of Corwin's cycle.
Ariel Hudnall
It is the second book in the Cycle of Merlin, and in typical Amber fashion, the intrigue is stacking up. Merle begins the story trapped in a crystal cave by his friend Luke (relationships being complicated in Amber, and who is one day your friend may the next have a vendetta against you).

Throughout the book, other curiosities are revealed, including a strange entity that seems intent to protect Merle from harm, yet is unable to speak on the matter or explain its motives; odd blue crystals that
Alfred Haplo
Nov 01, 2015 Alfred Haplo rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sf-f
This is the 7th time I am writing this - do not read this book as a standalone. Well, you can, but it would be like walking in on the 3rd act and wondering who, what, when, why, how? You get my drift. This is also the 7th time I am writing this - the ending of this installment is not really the end of The Story, but a breather for snack or pee break, before you begin the next book.

On that premise, a quick review of book 7. Quick namely because it is a short book and actual plot progress is not m
Frank Vasquez
There's a lot of Amber-naysayers that methinks take these books far more seriously than they ought to. Insomuch as my humble opinion is seated (on a rock perhaps, pointed at a nice cloudless direction with lots of sunshine and mischievous mountains (this is all unnecessary)), this, the 2nd Merlin novel, is an excellent, if, as per usual with the series, brief adventure that does much by way of adding texture to the plot and pushing the story forward, even if it seems to neglect its characters a ...more
Ian Banks
Sep 12, 2015 Ian Banks rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
The first really ordinary novel in the series. Merlin travels around the place and uncovers new clues about WHAT'S GOING ON. I'm feeling a disconnect with some of the characters (notably Flora) because they behave differently around Merlin than they did around Corwin. Plus the atmosphere in Amber feels a lot more secure and cozy, thanks to the demise of Brand and his schemes two books ago. We also get a bigger look at the world of Amber outside the castle, which is a great idea - the idea that A ...more
Wise_owl
Feb 03, 2012 Wise_owl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had started reading the 'second' of the 5-books series Zelazny did with regards to Amber, with the full knowledge most people consider it inferior, and I have to say, that while I have, thus far, preferred the original series, which stands as one of my favourite series of all time, this series is not bad, in fact compared to plenty of other's it's damn well fantastic, but it does suffer a tad in comparison to it's predecessors.

Merlin is a likeable protagonist, in some ways more likable than Co
Newton Nitro
Nov 18, 2016 Newton Nitro rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Nesse segundo volume do ciclo de Merlin da série das Crônicas de Âmbar, o nosso protagonista precisa descobrir a identidade dos assassinos que o perseguem, e acaba forçado a forjar uma aliança para enfrentar um poder muito mais perigoso do que os seus inimigos.

Mais uma vez, a trama aparentemente simples da saga ressalta a ironia de Zelazny, que adora quebrar as expectativas e subverter os tropos (estruturas narrativas) mais comuns da literatura de fantasia e aventura.

Estou gostando cada vez mai
Candice Kamencik
Jan 20, 2014 Candice Kamencik rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: traditional sci-fi/fantasy lovers
I was kind of disappointed in this book. All the interesting little bits of Merlin that were introduced in the first book were *still* not expounded upon, and the story arc was flat. All the "action" that happened in this book seemed almost unnecessary and did little to further the main story line, other then dropping bits of information here and there. It seems as if the author didn't want to involved the previous story's characters much (mainly Oberon's direct children) and that's fine, but th ...more
Fantasy Literature
It’s at this point in Roger Zelazny’s AMBER CHRONICLES that things start going downhill. Don’t even try to pick this up if you haven’t read the previous six books. It will make no sense. Expect spoilers for those earlier books in this review.

Blood of Amber (1986), the seventh book, begins right where Trumps of Doom left off. Merlin, like his namesake, is trapped in a crystal cave. Then he escapes. During the rest of this short story, he finds out more about his frenemy Luke, who now needs his he
Anita
Mar 12, 2016 Anita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second Amber book with Merlin as protagonist fully establishes his character. He's a confident, fearless man of action who takes the time to make a plan when he can and who has a sense of humor, especially when it comes to conversations with people who are trying to kill him. He's also a sorcerer, and this book talks about the price of magic: the time and energy needed to create a spell. He's both perennially underestimated by his enemies and lucky.

The story is action packed from beginning
Richard
Jan 08, 2016 Richard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Merlin series moves along at a good clip, no doubt in part because the books are only about 130-150 pages. It's harder to rate each book individually, because it's clear there's a lot of setup to be resolved in later books. In that, I suppose it's a bit like A Song of Ice and Fire with shorter chapters.

Still, I never walk away from Zelazny's writing without a burning desire to go play in his worlds, where one assaults mystical fortresses via hang glider, and the Tolkien-sequel conventions o
Fantasy Book Club...: Blood of Amber / Spoilers Ahead 10 16 Sep 22, 2013 07:56AM
Fantasy Book Club...: Blood of Amber / Initial impressions / No Spoilers 10 24 Sep 14, 2013 12:16PM
  • Roger Zelazny's Chaos and Amber (Dawn of Amber Trilogy, #2)
  • Stormbringer (Elric, #6)
  • Dragon (Vlad Taltos, #8)
  • The First Book of Swords (Books of Swords, #1)
  • Swords Against Death (Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser #2)
  • The Green Pearl (Lyonesse #2)
  • Charon: A Dragon at the Gate (The Four Lords of the Diamond, #3)
  • I Hope I Shall Arrive Soon
  • Press Enter
Roger Zelazny made his name with a group of novellas which demonstrated just how intense an emotional charge could be generated by the stock imagery of sf; the most famous of these is A Rose for Ecclesiastes in which a poet struggles to convince dying and sterile Martians that life is worth continuing. Zelazny continued to write excellent short stories throughout his career. Most of his novels dea ...more
More about Roger Zelazny...

The Chronicles of Amber (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Nine Princes in Amber (The Chronicles of Amber #1)
  • The Guns of Avalon (The Chronicles of Amber #2)
  • Sign of the Unicorn (The Chronicles of Amber #3)
  • The Hand of Oberon (The Chronicles of Amber #4)
  • The Courts of Chaos (The Chronicles of Amber #5)
  • Trumps of Doom (The Chronicles of Amber, #6)
  • Sign of Chaos (The Chronicles of Amber #8)
  • Knight of Shadows (The Chronicles of Amber #9)
  • Prince of Chaos (The Chronicles of Amber #10)
  • Manna from Heaven

“Life is full of doors that don't open when you knock, equally spaced amid those that open when don't want them to.” 12 likes
“We crossed a small but sturdy wooden bridge a little later, but no trolls were taking tolls.” 1 likes