Start by marking “Krev Amberu (Kroniky Amberu, #7)” as Want to Read:
Krev Amberu (Kroniky Amberu, #7)

Krev Amberu (The Chronicles of Amber #7)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  7,830 ratings  ·  69 reviews
Pronásledován zákeřným nepřítelem musí Merle bojovat se spletitým předivem pomsty a vraždění. Merle Corey ze San Franciska – je však Merlinem – synem Corwina, ztraceného Prince Amberu; a mocnosti vyvolané k zničení Královského dómu rozpoutávají šílené čáry, které mohou udeřit kdekoli. Přímo v srdci Amberu...
Published 1994 by AND Classic (first published January 1st 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Krev Amberu, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Krev Amberu

Dan Schwent
Picking up where Trumps of Doom left off, Merle continues trying to figure out who's trying to kill him. Along the way, he discovers more about his friend Luke Raynard, saves the family from being killed at the funeral of one of their own, learns of previously unknown members of the royal family, and discovers he has an ally of sorts that can switch bodies. But can he figure out how these clues fit together before he is killed and Amber is destroyed...

Blood of Amber has more than its share of tw
Gabriel C.
Have I described the plots of these puerile wisps of toilet water and rotting sour cream? They're all about these all-powerful assholes who have the foresight and connection to human nature of ten year olds. These people try to kill each other all the time, and always end up forgiving each other for no reason at all. Faced with the fact that a friend has been calculatedly deceiving him about his identity, motivations, occupations, and affinity for close to a decade, and the fact that he had no i ...more
Elisabeth
Well, that took forever.
Merlin is boring. His life is boring; his problems are boring. And now he's in Wonderland. WTF Zelazny? How's the LSD?

Seriously. I will keep reading the series, because potential. And completion. But I miss Corwin I think more than Merlin does. I like the potential of sorcery, but I really think this thing is being dragged out for no damn reason. Why were the first five books so much more engaging and fantastical? Even the 900th trip through Shadow held my interest better
Patrick
To be quite honest, I didn't find this installment to be interesting at all. It seemed to drag on forever and, like all the Amber books, has chapters that are far too long for their own good. The book just couldn't hold my attention or interest and is probably the weakest installment for Amber to date, in my personal opinion.
Cathy
I like these books even better than the original Amber series. Not quite the same magic of originality, but a much tighter and more suspenseful story. With nice touches of humor.
Bryan
I thought Zelazny really stepped it up on this one.

The previous book in the series, Trumps Of Doom, featured a new character as the protagonist/narrator; Merlin, the son of Corwin of Amber, who narrated the first five books. In Trumps, Merlin failed to live up to his father's sheer coolness, and thus that book excited me less than the first five. In fact, the Merlin we meet in Trumps came across as a bit of a chump, and we still see some of that in Blood Of Amber as well(seriously, he can't figu
Alex
I felt like this book was focusing more on thickening plots rather than action itself, and although it doesn't end with any kind of closure, it is my favorite book in the series so far. Just like the first 5 books, the plot progresses at a fascinating pace, you never really know who's a friend and who's the enemy, except this time there are twice as many characters to suspect, and a few who seem to be just sitting back and waiting to step into the action some time later. What I love most about t ...more
Michael
Book 7 of 10 of the Amber Chronicles. These books just keep getting better. The story structure is much better in books 6 and 7 than the previous installments. It seems that Zelazny finally got in the zone. Lots of mystery in the last two and it leaves questions unanswered at the end. Fortunately, I don't have to wait in order to read the next one.

One thing I am concerned about are the endings. They just don't quite satisfy. Book 5 in the series was the end of Corwin as the protagonist in the f
Eloise Stone
Tõeseid tähelepanekuid elust enesest:

Kõige rohkem näis talle aga muret tegevat see, et lindprii Dalt võis veel elus olla. [-]
"Kõigepealt, ma nägin, kuidas Benedict ta läbi torkas. Reeglina kipub selline asi inimese karjäärile punkti panema," ütles Random.
"Vintske vend," pakkusin. "Või meeletu vedamine. Või mõlemad koos." (lk 54)
Alex Hurst
It is the second book in the Cycle of Merlin, and in typical Amber fashion, the intrigue is stacking up. Merle begins the story trapped in a crystal cave by his friend Luke (relationships being complicated in Amber, and who is one day your friend may the next have a vendetta against you).

Throughout the book, other curiosities are revealed, including a strange entity that seems intent to protect Merle from harm, yet is unable to speak on the matter or explain its motives; odd blue crystals that
Candice Kamencik
Feb 04, 2014 Candice Kamencik rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: traditional sci-fi/fantasy lovers
I was kind of disappointed in this book. All the interesting little bits of Merlin that were introduced in the first book were *still* not expounded upon, and the story arc was flat. All the "action" that happened in this book seemed almost unnecessary and did little to further the main story line, other then dropping bits of information here and there. It seems as if the author didn't want to involved the previous story's characters much (mainly Oberon's direct children) and that's fine, but th ...more
Ashkhan
I wholeheartedly recommend all the books from the Amber Chronicles. Once you read the first novel you'll stop only after you'll have read them all. I've re-read this book and the whole series at least three-times. Even after all these years I still rate it as one of the best series I've ever read.
Mayank Agarwal
Book is a mix bag, lots of intrigue solved and more added. Merle’s story while interesting is destroying the World of Amber for me. Now being a Prince of Amber means no big deal and sorcery and court of chaos seem all powerful. The bad habit of Zelanzy’s adding useless shadow ride/hell rides are a pain to read.

This is my second time reading the series and I am surprised on how I could have considered the series among my favorites. The writing is Terrible and only the first book stands out becaus
Iain
Going into Blood of Amber and tens of pages into it, it felt like this was going to bring the second five book set back on track and move towards answering the various questions the series was bringing up. For a quite a while the story was really good, with less of the 'filler pages' that plague some of the books in the series and more interesting ideas. It carried itself well, resolving one of the big mystery characters in a good solid reveal.

And then ... I don't know. Somewhere in this book it
Wise_owl
I had started reading the 'second' of the 5-books series Zelazny did with regards to Amber, with the full knowledge most people consider it inferior, and I have to say, that while I have, thus far, preferred the original series, which stands as one of my favourite series of all time, this series is not bad, in fact compared to plenty of other's it's damn well fantastic, but it does suffer a tad in comparison to it's predecessors.

Merlin is a likeable protagonist, in some ways more likable than Co
Frank Vasquez
There's a lot of Amber-naysayers that methinks take these books far more seriously than they ought to. Insomuch as my humble opinion is seated (on a rock perhaps, pointed at a nice cloudless direction with lots of sunshine and mischievous mountains (this is all unnecessary)), this, the 2nd Merlin novel, is an excellent, if, as per usual with the series, brief adventure that does much by way of adding texture to the plot and pushing the story forward, even if it seems to neglect its characters a ...more
evan
I picked this up immediately after the other one because I was sick with a stomach bug and wanted something simple. I had to interrupt reading it with something else because it just kind of grated on me and bored me. I don't really like the writing style and am unsure if I'm going to finish the series. I don't like how the entire plot is wrapped up inside the one characters head as he hems and haws all the whirling schemes. So often he makes a choice that makes no sense to his character, simply ...more
Petya
Фантазията на Зелазни не познава граници. Добавя все нови и нови елементи. Характерно за тази книга е голямото развитие по отношение на уменията на тъмните сили. За да има баланс, това предполага и ответно развитие на светлите. Това очаквам от следващите книги от поредицата. Дали ще позная? Интересна комбинация между Амбър и Хаоса е Мерлин. Продължавам да чета с любопитство:)
The story just keeps getting better! Very well written next section in the Amber series. Can't wait to be able to sit down with the next section. Characters are all very well written and realistic, and the story is incredibly engaging.
Damien
Starting where last one ended, here you find out little bit more about Merle, Luke and the grand conspiracy behind everything, and ofc some things get even more complicated. End is epic dedication to Lewis Carroll and makes you want more and more.

Chris
I'm surprised again just how well constructed the second half of the Chronicles of Amber is... a gem of a storyline - although its closing passage leaves you grasping at straws as it just doesn't fit (which is intentional).
Lou
I’ve read Zelazny’s original two Amber series more times than I can reasonably count. If forced at sword point to classify these books I guess I’d say they’re fantasy, but they’re so much smarter than the average sword and sorcery yarn. If one chooses to read a level or two beneath the surface then a well of philosophy and ideas is accessed. Alongside the philosophy flows a robust stream of non-stop political intrigue. Interspersed throughout is a unique, highly intelligent system of magic that ...more
Otis Campbell
The blood flows
The earth turns
The earth doesn’t stop turning,
The blood doesn’t stop flowing,
Where’s it going all this spilled blood?
Lana
still not really into this set in the series, they where great till book five but i cannot seem to get into this next set of books so far!!
Shannon Appelcline
An unfortunately slow book. It actually reminded me of the weakest book in the original series, The Hand of Oberon, because it's all explanation. So, there's a lot of revelation here, and that's kind of cool, but it's still early enough in the series that none of the revelations are earth-shattering (except perhaps the last one). Meanwhile the little bit of action is very inconclusive: Merle battles with some of his opponents, but everyone goes their own way.

So, a bit disappointing, but hopefull
Pyyric
starts getting really nuts now.
Felix
German edition - German review:

Merlins Abenteuer gehen weiter, die Intrigen verdichten sich und auch dieser Band endet mit einem Cliffhanger (diesmal aus Lewis Carroll). Stilistisch und atmosphärisch geradlinige Fantasy, die ihre Spannung aus der Beschränkung auf Merlins begrenzte Perspektive zieht, die den Leser miträtseln lässt, wer sich denn nun hinter diesem oder jenem Ereignis verbirgt. Der Roman ist gut lesbar, auch wenn sich sonst wenig dazu sagen lässt, da hier noch alle Handlungsstränge
Hien
Even though books 6-10 are lumped in as part of the Chronicles of Amber, I feel that it's really a second series. It's about Merlin (Corwin's son). Merlin is from Chaos due to his mother being from there. One of the things I didn't like about the second series is that lots of people can shadow walk. It used to be only the princes and princesses of Amber can do it. Now it seems like everybody can. It's not so special after all.
Brett
Finished "Blood of Amber" by Roger Zelazny. We get to learn more, but at the same time I don't want to go into details. Read the series. It's well worth it.

Interestingly enough, though, the Mad Hatter and the hookah-smoking caterpillar made an appearance in this one, and I just coincidentally finished reading, for the first time, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. I picked up on the parallel immediately as a result. Pretty funny!
Fantasy Book Club...: Blood of Amber / Spoilers Ahead 10 16 Sep 22, 2013 07:56AM
Fantasy Book Club...: Blood of Amber / Initial impressions / No Spoilers 10 24 Sep 14, 2013 12:16PM
  • Roger Zelazny's to Rule in Amber (Dawn of Amber Trilogy, #3)
  • The Second Book of Swords (Books of Swords, #2)
  • Stormbringer (Elric, #6)
  • Taltos (Vlad Taltos, #4)
  • Shadow Games (The Chronicle of the Black Company, #4)
  • Swords Against Wizardry (Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser, #4)
  • Deryni Checkmate (The Chronicles of the Deryni, #2)
  • The Green Pearl (Lyonesse, #2)
Roger Zelazny made his name with a group of novellas which demonstrated just how intense an emotional charge could be generated by the stock imagery of sf; the most famous of these is 'A Rose for Ecclesiastes' in which a poet struggles to convince dying and sterile Martians that life is worth continuing. Zelazny continued to write excellent short stories throughout his career. Most of his novels d ...more
More about Roger Zelazny...

The Chronicles of Amber (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Nine Princes in Amber
  • The Guns of Avalon (Amber Chronicles, #2)
  • Sign of the Unicorn
  • The Hand of Oberon
  • The Courts of Chaos
  • Trumps of Doom
  • Sign of Chaos
  • Knight of Shadows
  • Prince of Chaos
  • Manna from Heaven
Nine Princes in Amber The Great Book of Amber (The Chronicles of Amber, #1-10) Lord of Light The Courts of Chaos The Guns of Avalon (Amber Chronicles, #2)

“Life is full of doors that don't open when you knock, equally spaced amid those that open when don't want them to.” 7 likes
“We crossed a small but sturdy wooden bridge a little later, but no trolls were taking tolls.” 1 likes