Start by marking “Last Stop (Watchers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Last Stop (Watchers, #1)

Last Stop (Watchers #1)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  158 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Watchers have power. They can see things that other people can't. Like David Moore, who glimpses his father in the phantom subway station of another world. And then comes the twist.
Published November 1st 1998 by Scholastic Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Last Stop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Last Stop

Pop Bop
Like A Good Middle Grade Twilight Zone

Some reviewers of this book have complained that the characters are on the shallow side and the book feels a little "thin". Publishers Weekly was downright dismissive, using words like "slow", "unsurprising" and "tiresome", which just confirms my belief that some of the people at Publishers Weekly hate books, and authors, and especially successful authors. While I understand those who faulted the book's brevity, (it's really novella length), and the absence
Brandon Delgado
Heather
Sep 18, 2008 Heather rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: reluctant reader 6-8 grade boys
In a somewhat complicated scifi/thriller plot, David tries to accept that his dad has died. Then he sees his dad in a subway station. There's a mystery, insanity, paranoia--everything that teen's are looking for. It's also super easy to read. It's big on plot and thin on character, but that's to be expected...
Michele. B
this book is confusing at first so you really got to take yur time and think about it and understand wat they may mean. this book is awsome i recomanded it too many. This book after every chapter will make you wanna read on to the next, thats how good it is. =)
Ronald
Feb 05, 2009 Ronald added it
The book i just read was watchers last stop by peter lerangis.the type of book is this fiction and also sci-fi. the major theme in this book is recovering someone that has been lost.
what this book is about 13 year old boy David Moore and his father suddenly disappeared 6 moths ago. him and his mother has been on every talk show and new channel around the country wondering what has happen to his father. one day David is taking the train he is in a subway station and suddenly when he enters the t
Donna
I just wanna hug Open Road for re-releasing all of this epically awesome cheese. I'm loving it. And LAST STOP is at the top of the cheese pile in a good way.

It's a quick read in more of a middle grade way than in an old school YA way but aside from the age of the MC (13, I think) it could definitely pass for one of your Diane Hoh's or insert your favorite old school YA horror writer's name here. It's got a creepy element to it that'll have you thinking one way but end up on a completely differen
Bryan Rodriguez
Jenn
RECEIVED FROM: Net Galley For Review

***NOTE MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS***

David’s father has been missing for six months. After a nationwide search he is presumed dead. But during a ride on the subway David suffers what he thinks is a hallucination. He sees what he knows to be an abandoned subway station lit and teeming with people. Among those people is his Dad. But was it a hallucination or was it something else? Now David must discover if he’s losing his mind or if something unexplainab
Cheryl
This is a great SF series, mainly for 'tweens with short attention spans. Each book has different characters and a different 'what if' concept, and each will provoke. Read them with your child and then have some interesting conversations.

The 'frame' of the 'Watchers' unifies them and makes them 'more than the sum of their parts' as the saying goes. However, I have to admit, even after reading all six, I did not quite understand the frame. So if you don't, don't worry about it. Probably your chil
Khamiyahguidry
This is an easy read book, very basic but it will have you wanting to read more. DONT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER
NewFranklin School

I loved this book!!

This book is about a boy named David and his friend Heather. David and Heather are trying to look for Davids dad who left them to go home. Are you wondering where his dads home is? read the book and find out. Davids father has been goon for 6 months and David has seen him again but in a soul less subway station, And around him are mysterious ghost like people. No one else can see this only David. This guy named Anders told David and Heather about crossing over to the world o
Danny Edmonds
This book by Peter Lerangis was a great read. It was a mystery or adventure to some people that follows a teenager by the name of David Moore. His father has just disapearred and David believes that he ses him in the tunnels of the subway system. He then goes on a journey to find his father with a female by the name of Heathe. For some reason, his journey affects her and she won't leave him alone until they find him. Overall, I would recommend this great book to anyone who enjoys reading mysteri ...more
Nat
stared 9/7
Shadowalex
This book was a pretty interesting one with a really nice twist at the end. It is very deceptive and creative in its plot, making sure to pique the interest of the reader and intriguing them to read on further. In the end, I was really surprised to find out what happened but no spoilers so I won't write it here. Overall, a pretty good book to read if you're bored but there's kind of no point of the plot because in the end you're just left with the twist and no explanation or any further things.
Sallyrivera
I read this book with my 8th grade summer reading group and for a bunch of reluctant readers I must say we could not put this one down. We finished reading it in a week. They were glued to this novel like I have never witness before. I must applaud the author for truly bringing out the love of reading in my students. I love it. What a thriller until the very end!!
Deborah Harris
Dec 27, 2013 Deborah Harris added it
Shelves: a23, ar-3
AR Quiz No. 107003 EN Fiction
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: MG - BL: 3.1 - AR Pts: 2.0
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP
Adam
I know that this book looks like a chapter book but it is truly amazing. A VERY suprising ending, this book will have you re-reading the last page ten times. I am searching for the sequel if anybody knows where I can find it then tell me!!!
Tammie
I bought this thinking it was the first in a series that continued from book to book. But they are all independent stories, which was disappointing, because this first story was really good and I was left wanting to read more about it.
Mandy
One day while riding the subtrain, David spots his dad who has been missing, David wonders if he was seeing things until several strange events happen, making him investigate if it really was his dad he saw.
Jana
This was an interesting book! It took a turn that I wasn't quite expecting. The kids enjoyed it, and are looking forward to hearing other books soon!
Julie Sharp
It was an excellent mystery, and not much of a thrill ride. But, it was gripping none-the-less. Excellent well written book.
Kelly
i kind of liked it, but it felt unfinished. there is a sequel, but i don't think it's about the same kid/family. hmm.
Brenda
I had to read it in one sitting! Great book for reluctant readers.
Leah
Very sci-fi. Good ending, although I thought it was too short.
Omar Lopez
it is about ghost so i think it is cool
Kacey Gutierrez
my fav book ever !!! :p
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
  • Marco's Millions (Marco's Millions #1)
  • Virus (Med Center, #1)
  • Book of Names (Diadem, Worlds of Magic, #1)
  • Them (Remnants, #3)
  • 101 Things You Thought You Knew About the Titanic . . . but Didn't!
  • Silent Witness
  • The Seems: Lost Train of Thought (The Seems, #3)
  • Gib Rides Home (Gib, #1)
  • The Timekeeper (Finders Keepers, #2)
  • The Diary
  • The Thrall and the Dragon's Heart
  • A Way Through The Sea (Young Underground)
  • The Hunt for the Seventh
  • Stranger to the Sun (Angel: Season 2, #2)
  • For Love of Audrey Rose
  • Trick or Treat (Point Horror, #6)
  • In the Eye of the Tornado (Disaster Zone)
  • Bloodhoney (Wyrmeweald, #2)
Lerangis's work includes The Viper's Nest and The Sword Thief, two titles in the children's-book series The 39 Clues, the historical novel Smiler's Bones, the YA dark comedy-adventure novel wtf, the Drama Club series, the Spy X series, the Watchers series, the Abracadabra series, and the Antarctica two-book adventure, as well ghostwriting for series such as the Three Investigators, the Hardy Boys ...more
More about Peter Lerangis...
The Sword Thief (The 39 Clues, #3) The Viper's Nest (39 Clues, #7) The Dead of Night (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #3) The Colossus Rises (Seven Wonders, #1) Lost in Babylon (Seven Wonders, #2)