Start by marking “Last Stop (Watchers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Last Stop (Watchers, #1)

Last Stop (Watchers #1)

3.57  ·  Rating Details  ·  206 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Watchers have power. They can see things that other people can't. Like David Moore, who glimpses his father in the phantom subway station of another world. And then comes the twist.
Published November 1st 1998 by Scholastic Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Last Stop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Last Stop

Pop Bop
May 15, 2014 Pop Bop rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Like A Good Middle Grade Twilight Zone

Some reviewers of this book have complained that the characters are on the shallow side and the book feels a little "thin". Publishers Weekly was downright dismissive, using words like "slow", "unsurprising" and "tiresome", which just confirms my belief that some of the people at Publishers Weekly hate books, and authors, and especially successful authors. While I understand those who faulted the book's brevity, (it's really novella length), and the absence
Brandon Delgado
Dec 07, 2012 Brandon Delgado rated it really liked it
Heather
Sep 18, 2008 Heather rated it liked it
Recommends it for: reluctant reader 6-8 grade boys
In a somewhat complicated scifi/thriller plot, David tries to accept that his dad has died. Then he sees his dad in a subway station. There's a mystery, insanity, paranoia--everything that teen's are looking for. It's also super easy to read. It's big on plot and thin on character, but that's to be expected...
Michele. B
May 28, 2010 Michele. B rated it it was amazing
this book is confusing at first so you really got to take yur time and think about it and understand wat they may mean. this book is awsome i recomanded it too many. This book after every chapter will make you wanna read on to the next, thats how good it is. =)
Ronald
Feb 05, 2009 Ronald added it
The book i just read was watchers last stop by peter lerangis.the type of book is this fiction and also sci-fi. the major theme in this book is recovering someone that has been lost.
what this book is about 13 year old boy David Moore and his father suddenly disappeared 6 moths ago. him and his mother has been on every talk show and new channel around the country wondering what has happen to his father. one day David is taking the train he is in a subway station and suddenly when he enters the t
Donna
Mar 25, 2012 Donna rated it it was amazing
I just wanna hug Open Road for re-releasing all of this epically awesome cheese. I'm loving it. And LAST STOP is at the top of the cheese pile in a good way.

It's a quick read in more of a middle grade way than in an old school YA way but aside from the age of the MC (13, I think) it could definitely pass for one of your Diane Hoh's or insert your favorite old school YA horror writer's name here. It's got a creepy element to it that'll have you thinking one way but end up on a completely differen
Bryan Rodriguez
Jenn
Feb 21, 2015 Jenn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, e-book
RECEIVED FROM: Net Galley For Review

***NOTE MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS***

David’s father has been missing for six months. After a nationwide search he is presumed dead. But during a ride on the subway David suffers what he thinks is a hallucination. He sees what he knows to be an abandoned subway station lit and teeming with people. Among those people is his Dad. But was it a hallucination or was it something else? Now David must discover if he’s losing his mind or if something unexplainab
Andrew Kiley
Mar 23, 2015 Andrew Kiley rated it really liked it
This book was good because it had a good plot line and the information kept me on edge the whole time wanting to know what was going to happen next. It also had good detail.
Khamiyahguidry
Mar 06, 2014 Khamiyahguidry rated it liked it
This is an easy read book, very basic but it will have you wanting to read more. DONT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER
Guadalupe Cadena
Nov 03, 2015 Guadalupe Cadena rated it did not like it
NewFranklin School

I loved this book!!

This book is about a boy named David and his friend Heather. David and Heather are trying to look for Davids dad who left them to go home. Are you wondering where his dads home is? read the book and find out. Davids father has been goon for 6 months and David has seen him again but in a soul less subway station, And around him are mysterious ghost like people. No one else can see this only David. This guy named Anders told David and Heather about crossing over to the world o
Danny Edmonds
This book by Peter Lerangis was a great read. It was a mystery or adventure to some people that follows a teenager by the name of David Moore. His father has just disapearred and David believes that he ses him in the tunnels of the subway system. He then goes on a journey to find his father with a female by the name of Heathe. For some reason, his journey affects her and she won't leave him alone until they find him. Overall, I would recommend this great book to anyone who enjoys reading mysteri ...more
Blake Brooks
Jun 12, 2015 Blake Brooks rated it liked it
The plot is a bit confounding.
Nat
Dec 16, 2014 Nat rated it it was ok
stared 9/7
Lauren
Apr 11, 2016 Lauren rated it liked it
Shelves: 30-in-2016
Interesting parallel universe kind of story. Cliffhanger ending.
Shadowalex
Jun 02, 2013 Shadowalex rated it liked it
This book was a pretty interesting one with a really nice twist at the end. It is very deceptive and creative in its plot, making sure to pique the interest of the reader and intriguing them to read on further. In the end, I was really surprised to find out what happened but no spoilers so I won't write it here. Overall, a pretty good book to read if you're bored but there's kind of no point of the plot because in the end you're just left with the twist and no explanation or any further things.
Elizabeth
Jan 28, 2016 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
I read the first four books in this series a loooong time ago, and from what I remember they were pretty spoopy and unique. They've left a bit of an impression on me, and whenever I glance at them I remember the stories fondly.

I never continued with the series simply because I got these books for free from donations from my mom's work, and since these were all I got, these were all I read.
Sallyrivera
Aug 25, 2009 Sallyrivera rated it really liked it
I read this book with my 8th grade summer reading group and for a bunch of reluctant readers I must say we could not put this one down. We finished reading it in a week. They were glued to this novel like I have never witness before. I must applaud the author for truly bringing out the love of reading in my students. I love it. What a thriller until the very end!!
Deborah Harris
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP
Adam
Oct 03, 2009 Adam rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science-fiction
I know that this book looks like a chapter book but it is truly amazing. A VERY suprising ending, this book will have you re-reading the last page ten times. I am searching for the sequel if anybody knows where I can find it then tell me!!!
Tammie
Mar 30, 2016 Tammie rated it really liked it
I bought this thinking it was the first in a series that continued from book to book. But they are all independent stories, which was disappointing, because this first story was really good and I was left wanting to read more about it.
Mandy
Jun 23, 2012 Mandy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One day while riding the subtrain, David spots his dad who has been missing, David wonders if he was seeing things until several strange events happen, making him investigate if it really was his dad he saw.
Jana
Mar 01, 2010 Jana rated it really liked it
This was an interesting book! It took a turn that I wasn't quite expecting. The kids enjoyed it, and are looking forward to hearing other books soon!
Julie Sharp
Nov 24, 2012 Julie Sharp rated it really liked it
It was an excellent mystery, and not much of a thrill ride. But, it was gripping none-the-less. Excellent well written book.
Kelly
Aug 30, 2010 Kelly rated it it was ok
i kind of liked it, but it felt unfinished. there is a sequel, but i don't think it's about the same kid/family. hmm.
Brenda
Feb 18, 2013 Brenda rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I had to read it in one sitting! Great book for reluctant readers.
Leah
Aug 31, 2008 Leah rated it really liked it
Very sci-fi. Good ending, although I thought it was too short.
Omar Lopez
Jan 28, 2011 Omar Lopez rated it liked it
it is about ghost so i think it is cool
Kacey Gutierrez
my fav book ever !!! :p
  • Marco's Millions (Marco's Millions #1)
  • Virus (Med Center, #1)
  • Operation Sherlock (A.I. Gang, #1)
  • Them (Remnants, #3)
  • Gib and the Gray Ghost (Gib, #2)
  • The Nightmare Vortex (Spy Force, #3)
  • The Not-Just-Anybody Family (Blossom Family, #1)
  • Stranger to the Sun (Angel: Season 2, #3)
  • Book of Names (Diadem, Worlds of Magic, #1)
  • For Love of Audrey Rose
  • Bloodhoney (Wyrmeweald, #2)
  • The Thrall and the Dragon's Heart
  • Carbonel and Calidor: Being the Further Adventures of a Royal Cat (Carbonel #3)
  • The Wizard's Statue (Circle of Magic #3)
  • Trouble with Lemons
  • World Fall: Book 2 of the Seven Circles Trilogy
  • Children of the Underground (Children of Paranoia #2)
  • The Drifter
Lerangis's work includes The Viper's Nest and The Sword Thief, two titles in the children's-book series The 39 Clues, the historical novel Smiler's Bones, the YA dark comedy-adventure novel wtf, the Drama Club series, the Spy X series, the Watchers series, the Abracadabra series, and the Antarctica two-book adventure, as well ghostwriting for series such as the Three Investigators, the Hardy Boys ...more
More about Peter Lerangis...

Watchers (6 books)