Start by marking “The Real Rules: How to Find the Right Man for the Real You” as Want to Read:
The Real Rules: How to Find the Right Man for the Real You

The Real Rules: How to Find the Right Man for the Real You

The number one bestselling author of Ask Barbara, Are You the One for Me, and other groundbreaking relationship books rewrites the rules in this extraordinary book.

From the Paperback edition.
Published March 9th 2011 by Dell (first published February 10th 1997)

To ask other readers questions about The Real Rules, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Real Rules

White
Aug 26, 2009 White rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one is a quick read. You can easily do it over a weekend, even if you aren't traveling. This one was one of my purse books. This book was written in response to a book written by some girls that made it on air. They wrote about playing "hard to get", never pick up the phone too quickly, keep your man waiting, and all the unwritten rules. De Angelis responded with Real Rules. True to her goodness, she stresses the importance of equal communication, the unfairness of playing games with men an ...more
Eric Tracy
Jun 12, 2009 Eric Tracy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A companion to, "Are You The One For Me?"

How to find a man who isn't a jerk, and how to recognize him when you do. Barbara is very good at what she does, and very insightful and aware of the many facets and dynamics of relationships. Makes John Gray look two-dimensional, (which he basically is.)
amineh
Whether you are single, in a relationship, or just searching for love, Barbara has created a product just for you. Please take time to read it.
Butterfly
Though the original Rules are cheesy and I am loathe to admit it, they have some solid advice on self-focus and have helped me save my dignity at times when I would have gone way too far out on a limb for guys who clearly weren't interested.

Because I liked The Rules, I was curious about this book, but after reading it I actually threw it away, I thought it was so bad (normally I would never do that, I am all about reusing and recycling, but seriously, it was so bad I wanted to save the rest of
Sara
Feb 01, 2016 Sara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book really resonates with me and I would have given it 5 stars, but I believe the kind of clothes we women wear (or don't wear) don't make a difference when it comes to objectification and other kinds of sexual aggression. And I think respect (for everyone) and honesty should be the only prerequisites for sex. That being said, this is book is a gift. It is sincere, helpful, and brilliantly written. I feel so grateful after reading it and I totally recommend it.
Erika
Apr 02, 2012 Erika rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
What can I say? It's a gift from my father! http://www.smileycodes.info

Astaroth-Queen-of-Heaven-66088137668_xlarge

love_daddy
Penny Blanch
Sep 30, 2011 Penny Blanch rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
This is a tongue-in-cheek way of looking at relationships,and Barbara seems to be able to hit a few nails on the head with it. I found it amusing,with a modern rewriting of 'the old rules' that our parents would have lived by (assuming you're Gen X!). Worth a read for any self-help addict!!
Stephanie
Oct 02, 2013 Stephanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wish I had this book years earlier! Would definitely have saved me some heartache (and time!)
Joseph Young
Apr 18, 2010 Joseph Young rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: teenagers, people who are still struggling in their relationships
Somewhat basic, but has some interesting tidbits. Read it too long ago to remember much.
Claudette
Claudette rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2014
Cherry Sebaha
Cherry Sebaha rated it liked it
Oct 06, 2014
Sanaz
Sanaz rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2007
Selen Türüng
Selen Türüng rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2015
Zahra Mohades
Zahra Mohades rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2009
Hope
Hope rated it it was ok
Sep 19, 2008
Bonnie
Bonnie rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2008
Tanya
Tanya rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2012
Stella
Stella rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2016
simona ferrari
simona ferrari rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2015
Lori
Lori rated it it was ok
May 08, 2011
Arnold
Arnold rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2014
Nadine Lumley
Nadine Lumley rated it did not like it
Jan 03, 2016
Camille
Camille rated it liked it
Sep 23, 2010
pegah
pegah rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2012
Nat
Nat rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2014
Connie
Connie rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2016
Rihana Angel
Rihana Angel rated it it was amazing
Dec 23, 2012
Venus
Venus rated it it was ok
Apr 20, 2012
Paulin
Paulin rated it it was ok
Jul 12, 2010
Christabelle Zeinaty
Christabelle Zeinaty rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Barbara De Angelis Ph.D. is one of the most influential teachers of our time in the field of relationships and personal growth. For the past twenty-five years, she has reached tens of millions of people throughout the world with her positive messages about love, happiness and the search for meaning in our lives. As a best-selling author, popular television personality and sought after motivational ...more
More about Barbara De Angelis...