Start by marking “Batman: Face the Face” as Want to Read:
Batman: Face the Face

Batman: Face the Face (Batman)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  3,107 ratings  ·  28 reviews
SC, TPB, in cello, New, Written by James Robinson. Art by Leonard Kirk, Don Kramer and Patrick Gleason. Cover by Simone Bianchi. Published in September of 2006, Softcover, 192 pages, full color. Cover price $14.99.
Published September 6th 2006 by DC Comics (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Batman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Batman

John Yelverton
A great Batman story that starts off and finishes strong.
Justyn Rampa
I was interested in reading this volume because it ends with the last issue of Batman before Grant Morrison begins his (mostly) AMAZING run on Batman.

This volume collects the issues that tell the events after the One Year Later storyline.

As you can guess by the title, the storyline does involved Two-Face as Batman left a reformed Harvey Dent in charge as Gotham City's crime-fighting vigilante. His face has been healed, but is Two-Face really gone? Well, you'll have to read to find out.

The story...more
Trent
Pretty good story. The artwork wasn't my cup of tea, though. I don't know what it was about it, but it just seemed... rushed.. to me. I like Batman stories that include Robin. I know a lot of people like The Batman to work alone, as he's more tragic and dark that way. I say Robin's been around just one year less than Batman, so they should get over it. There's a lot of villains in this story, which is always a good surprise. With the title of the book, one can guess who the story is going to be...more
Samdenney
Jan 28, 2010 Samdenney rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Two-Face, fans of Batman's detective skills
Recommended to Samdenney by: Nobody. Picked it up practically at random.
Shelves: comics
Madeleine
This could have easily been 4/5 if James Robinson didn't find it necessary to derail the tone and impact of the story by randomly injecting jokes and puns that feel as if they were taken from the scripts of the 60s Batman TV series.
Batman returns to Gotham a year after Infinite Crisis, a year after leaving a cured Harvey Dent in charge of fighting crime and keeping Gotham safe only to discover that Harvey Dent might not be as cured as he thought - that Dent may be responsible for the recent mur...more
Julie
I am a huge fan of Robin (specifically Tim Drake and Dick Grayson), so I relish the rare moments when a writer has the courage to write a modern day dynamic duo story.

This story takes place a year after Infinite Crisis and we see Batman try to rebuild the bridges he has burnt in the past. In terms of the plot, it is definitely one of those stories that focuses more on character development than action. The villains aren't exactly all that exciting nor are we really made to sympathize all that m...more
Steven Shinder
This graphic novel begins with Batman and Robin (Tim Drake) returning to Gotham after being absent for a year. Over the course of the comic book, you see Batman's relationship with Commissioner Gordon, Tim Drake, and Harvey Dent. Dent is a suspect in the murders of a few villains and is on the edge of relapsing back into his Two-Face habits. A great read, though there were a couple of parts that compelled me to shake my head. At one point, Dent's dialog sounded British (use of the words "rubbish...more
Michael
Passable Batman tale but considering this is James Robinson writing I would really expect better. The whole Harvey Dent plot line really didn't go anywhere unexpected. Most of it seemed to be there just to give the artist a chance to experiment with fractured and reflective visuals. It all looked very nice but again this was nothing new. When you've seen Spider-man 1 as many times as I have you can't really be impressed by split personalities talking to their mirrors. There were glimpses of the...more
Ashley
Surprisingly, for me, this is the first full-length Batman graphic novel I've ever read. The premise of Harvey Dent being Gotham's protector and then becoming Two-Face again was interesting but it felt a little underdeveloped and rushed, especially the conclusion. I really enjoyed seeing Tim Drake as Robin too and Jim Gordon was great. The artwork was good too but there were far too many unexplained things in it for my liking. From what I'm aware there are far better Batman graphic novels out th...more
Ming Siu
James Robinson is a dependable writer, which is always appreciated, and he delivers solid work here. The art is above average as well, and conveys mood and style well while telling the story in a compelling manner.

My only complaint is that this is an absolutely horrible physical treatment of a good story. Not only is it out of print, and therefore harder and pricier to track down, the paper feels like toilet paper, and the colours suffer as a result. It really deserves a proper hardcover treatme...more
miaaa
Mar 13, 2009 miaaa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to miaaa by: Wirotomo Nofamilyname
Confusing. So Tim is the third Robin eh, what happened to the first two Robins? I know Dick but who's the second one? Harvey Dent took care Gotham City as requested by Batman?

This is what happened when you read Batman series in mixed order. But hey it's better than not reading it at all isn't it hehe

Mas Tomo matur suwon sing akeh yo, aku tunggu pinjaman Batman berikut-berikutnya :D
Dean Olson
This annoyed me when it came out cause it just seemed like they wanted to reboot Batman back to "classic" Batman. Gordon is back as Commissioner, Dent becomes Two-Face again. and Poison Ivy is somehow alive again. The story is okay. Its a shame that Dent appeared cured in Hush and then never appeared again until this. Where was the character arc in between?
Benjamin Featherston
This collection features exceptional cover and interior art and a solid, if somewhat forgettable, story. Set in the aftermath of Batman's "missing year" during which the "52" series occurred, it's not the best starting point for casual readers, as it requires a familiarity with Batman's recent history and his more esoteric villains.
Mike
Batman and Robin return, with lots of mysteries from their absence. Harvey Dent has protected Gotham in his absence, and is Two-Face no more, but will suspicion of murder and the return of the Bat break him again?
Josh Liller
Derek Royal
Robinson's narrative on Batman, after his year off from Gotham, is finely written. The focus on Two Face bound everything together, and I particularly liked the somewhat open-ended conclusion.
sixthreezy
Really liked this one for some reason.. I think it was the dark tone of the artwork, and I especially love the ending because Batman adopts Robin as his baby boy. AWWWWWWWWWWWW =]
Vassilios Bayiokos
Very good story with the One Year jump after Infinite Crisis. James Robinson is better suited for the Golden Age heroes than with batman. However, I did enjoy this very much.
Ryan Witalison
Batman's back after a year away, Harvey Dent is suspected of returning to a life of crime after several murders, including several members of Batman's Rogue gallery
Michael
I had a major problem with the premise of the book... I thought some of the lines didn't ring true... and there were places where I thought the art was a bit iffy.
Cassandra Stapleton
Batman was such a douche in this issue. Granted, it didn't take much to push Harvey Dent back to the dark side but Batman could have had more faith in him. -_-
Gary Lee
Granted, I'm not too well-read on Batman (or much DC stuff at all), but I thought this was a pretty solid read; at least, on a plane.
Aaron
Pretty forgettable story not helped by the "One Year Later" jump DC incorporated into every story released at this time.
Nicademus
This was a good book 2 read because it talks about one of batmans greatest foes. Also the relationship they had.
Sean
Good Read. Introduces the reader to a lot of interesting characters. Fairly straight forward story line.
Justin
Decent story. Like another reader, I'll note that I had problems with the binding on the book.
Warren
Part of One Year Later event
Federiken Masters
Aug 11, 2011 Federiken Masters rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Batmanistas y fans del "Un año después".
Recommended to Federiken by: Lo "coyuntural" que es para el mundo Batman.
Batman vuelve a Gotham después de un año de ausencia y trae una historia atrapante y bien llevada pero que peca de ir muy a los pedos y de llegar a una conclusión demasiado apresurada y a un personaje que se vuelve malo (después de su redención #141525) porque sí. Cuando lo relea seguro se gane una reseña más elaborada.
  • Batman: Detective
  • Batman: War Games, Act 1: Outbreak
  • Batman: Bruce Wayne, Fugitive, Vol. 1
  • Batman: Bruce Wayne, Murderer?
  • Batman: Bruce Wayne, Fugitive, Vol. 2
  • Batman: War Drums
  • Batman: The Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul
  • Batman: Broken City
  • Batman: Blind Justice
  • Batman: Under the Hood Vol. 2
James Robinson is a British writer, best known for his work in comic books and screenplays. He is well-known for his encyclopedic knowledge of comic book continuity, especially regarding the Golden Age of comic books. His earliest comic book work came in the late 1980s, but he became best known for his revitalization of the character Starman for DC comics in the 1990s. In addition, he has written...more
More about James Robinson...
The Starman Omnibus, Vol. 1 The Starman Omnibus, Vol. 2 JSA: The Golden Age (Justice Society of America) Starman, Vol. 1: Sins of the Father Earth 2, Vol. 1: The Gathering