Start by marking “But I Have Called You Friends” as Want to Read:
But I Have Called You Friends

But I Have Called You Friends

In these gentle, simple, yet profound conferences, Mother Mary Francis, P.C.C., explores both the necessity and the difficulty of Christian friendship.
Friendship is the basis of all fruitful love, she wrote. Whether we are single or married, priest or religious, the Lord himself called us his friends and commanded us to be the friends of one another.
Mother explained the
Nook, 0 pages
Published October 1st 2009 by Ignatius Press (first published 1974)

To ask other readers questions about But I Have Called You Friends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about But I Have Called You Friends

Miss Clark
Victoria Claire
Though this book is written by a Mother in a religious order encouraging her sisters to grow in friendship in the context of communal religious life, it is very relevant to the lay person. The lens of religious life allows for a simplicity of teaching about friendship. Mother Mary Francis' reflections and practical direction about friendship is rooted in the idea that as communal persons, we are truly called to love each other mutually. This act of loving is often manifested in openness to under ...more
Claire Gilligan
May 09, 2014 Claire Gilligan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A brief read, but a pleasant one. Spiritual conferences given by Mother Mary Francis to the contemplative nuns under her care, this are of course applicable to any friendship, and are easy to read, yet clear and clear-sighted. A good spiritual read!
Marlena
Apr 23, 2012 Marlena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A beautiful but practical and frank book on friendship. Given as a series of conferences to her Poor Clares, Mother Mary Francis' words are totally applicable to friendships outside the cloister. I love her writing style and her practical and intuitive grasp of human nature.
Emily
Feb 15, 2012 Emily rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: catholica
A beautiful set of meditations on friendship: useful for EVERYONE, not just cloistered nuns!
booklady
Aug 16, 2009 booklady marked it as possible-purchase  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to booklady by: Miss Clark
Recommended by Miss Clark; read her review!
Julia
Excellent perspective on friendship
Leroy
Leroy rated it liked it
Sep 25, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
Hannah Slaven
Hannah Slaven rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2016
Annie Michalica
Annie Michalica marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Sylvia
Sylvia marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2016
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2016
Laura added it
Feb 08, 2016
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Dorothy Hanson
Dorothy Hanson marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016
Caitlin
Caitlin marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2016
Lynn Forsyth
Lynn Forsyth is currently reading it
Nov 24, 2015
Megan
Megan added it
Sep 08, 2015
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2015
Sarah Randall
Sarah Randall marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Greta
Greta rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2015
Lana
Lana rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2015
Daniel Ciucci
Daniel Ciucci rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2015