Start by marking “But I Have Called You Friends” as Want to Read:
But I Have Called You Friends

But I Have Called You Friends

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  6 reviews
In these gentle, simple, yet profound conferences, Mother Mary Francis, P.C.C., explores both the necessity and the difficulty of Christian friendship.
Friendship is the basis of all fruitful love, she wrote. Whether we are single or married, priest or religious, the Lord himself called us his friends and commanded us to be the friends of one another.
Mother explained the
Published October 1st 2009 by Ignatius Press (first published 1974)

To ask other readers questions about But I Have Called You Friends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about But I Have Called You Friends

Miss Clark
Claire Gilligan
A brief read, but a pleasant one. Spiritual conferences given by Mother Mary Francis to the contemplative nuns under her care, this are of course applicable to any friendship, and are easy to read, yet clear and clear-sighted. A good spiritual read!
Marlena
A beautiful but practical and frank book on friendship. Given as a series of conferences to her Poor Clares, Mother Mary Francis' words are totally applicable to friendships outside the cloister. I love her writing style and her practical and intuitive grasp of human nature.
Emily
A beautiful set of meditations on friendship: useful for EVERYONE, not just cloistered nuns!
booklady
Aug 16, 2009 booklady marked it as possible-purchase  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to booklady by: Miss Clark
Recommended by Miss Clark; read her review!
Julia
Excellent perspective on friendship
Manda
Manda marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Liz Whitmore
Liz Whitmore marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2014
Sensibly Catholic
Sensibly Catholic marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2013
Monika Stutzman
Monika Stutzman marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2013
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2012
Penelope Tax
Penelope Tax marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2012
Roberto
Roberto marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2011
Sean
Sean marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2011
Karina
Karina marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2009
Elaine
Elaine marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2009
Lucy
Lucy added it
Mar 26, 2009
A Right to Be Merry Anima Christi: Soul of Christ Come, Lord Jesus: Meditations on the Art of Waiting Forth And Abroad: Still Merry On Land And By Sea Kolbe