The Power of Intention: Learning to Co-create Your World Your Way

The Power of Intention: Learning to Co-create Your World Your Way

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  15,697 ratings  ·  385 reviews
Dr. Wayne W. Dyer has researched intention as a force in the universe that allows the act of creation to take place. This beautiful gift edition of Wayne's international bestseller explores intention-not as something we do-but as an energy we're a part of. We're all intended here through the invisible power of intention-a magnificent field of energy we can access to begin...more
Published October 1st 2010 by Hay House, Inc. (first published July 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Power of Intention, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Power of Intention

Katie
Aug 04, 2007 Katie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: spirituality
I took this book out from the library and ended up buying a copy of it so I could just have it and refer to it whenever I wanted to. I plan on reading it all over again here soon. It's fabulous! While I haven't read the "The Secret," from what I can gather from the reviews, this is pretty similar and is the "real stuff" without all the marketing fluff.
Landry
Jun 15, 2007 Landry rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Dr. Dyer sees intention as an inner awareness "that exists in the universe as an invisible force of energy." In this book he links intention to the creative power of the universe and suggests that it is within each one of us, the power to change the world.
Maria
Although I think Wayne Dyer is discounted as a bit of a crackpot by some and he has clearly stretched out one idea and managed to turn it into several books/cds/seminars/manuals, I do find his thoughts helpful and even uplifting. I have to space him out in my reading/listening because he does get monotonous; however, I feel he has overall good intentions (pun intended)and I think I'll continue to be a follower.
Shayne
Sep 17, 2008 Shayne rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Probably more appreciated by those 30 and above
I have always enjoyed Wayne Dyer's stuff even if he isn't sure if God is female or not.... Anyway, as he has gotten older his stuff has become more spiritual. He is definitely centered in a higher being and although he seems to be against organized religion I listen to his stuff knowing who my Source is and am grateful for his outspoken belief in God and reminders of the Power we have within and around us. I listened to it as a book on tape and it was definitely worth it.
Rach
ok, i "read" this by listening to the edited version on cd. dyer uses the term "intention" as a kind of force in the universe that connects people, gives abundance, etc. he discusses "intention" as coming from the "source" and describes how positive attracts positive (and, of course, negative attracts negative). although nothing was particularly earth-shattering, the way he presented the information was useful. he also described how "ego" gets in the way of connecting to "intention" and makes us...more
PlatKat
Mar 18, 2010 PlatKat rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to PlatKat by: Frank
Frank lent me this book to make use of the first few days of February I spent waiting in his garage for my car to be finished. Somewhat surprisingly, it has opened me up a little despite some of the over-the-top metaphysical discussions. As with all self-help books, you take away the parts you find meaningful to you and let the rest dispose of itself.

Upon finishing this book, I was amazed at the sort of impact it had on my inner-monologue. The main message is that you create your own reality wit...more
Roberto Guerra

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It really made me realize how important it is to keep a positive outlook on life and to be at peace with oneself.

Personally, I do not believe absolutely everything I read word for word, but I do try to keep an open mind, especially when it comes to the opportunity to learn new things, and this book is definitely meant to be read with an open mind.

This is among many other Wayne Dyer books which has helped to change my outlook on the way I see the world, in a much...more
Kimberly
Don't recall much from this book. But I had this stuff written down:

"Every thought you have has an energy that will strengthen or weaken you."

"It is only discord acting within your own feelings that will ever deprive you of every good thing that life holds for you."

"The genius in you isn't seeking confirmation from others, but quiet space for its ideas to blossom. An uncomplicated life with fewer intrusions tolerated, in a simple setting, allows your creative genius to surface and express itsel...more
Marwa Al-saydalani
كتاب رائع رائع جدا !
كتاب قوة النية قرأته بترجمة عربية

ان أي شئ تريد ان تحققة يعتبر حقيقة موجودة قائمة و حاضرة فى الروح حرر عقلك من الافكار الخاصة بالشروط و القيود او احتمال عدم القدرة على تجلي و اظهار رغباتك . ان بقيت الرغبات و الافكار قائمة في عقلك بدون ان يزعجها شئ وكذلك في النية في نفس الوقت فسوف تتحول هذه الافكار و الرغبات الى واقع في العالم المادي
Kholoud
حبيت الكتاب جدا .. وكان له تغير كبير في حياتي بمعنى الكلمة .. الكاتب اسلوبه جد رائع وتفكيرة جميل كتاب يستحق القراأة :)
Kat McKay
I love Dr. Dyer! I often find myself going back and listening to his audiobooks a second and 3rd time because they make me feel so much better. His message is inspirational and it's like listening to a loving father when he tells it. There's nothing I hate more than self help gurus that yell at you to get there message across, which to me, is contradictory. Dr. Dyer is NOTHING like that! You feel like you're being guided by a loving and caring friend who truly wants you to be your best self and...more
Ironangel
This work was a major influence on my life in that the truthes and principals helped me apply things that I had always known.It helped me focus my life on the application of spiritual truth in practical living.

I recomend it highly but advise the reader to keep an open mind and allow the wrriter to lead you slowly to your conclusions. Don't allow what you know keep you from grasping the concepts. Don't jump to conclusions. Just follow the truths.
Mohammed Al-Abdullah
كتاب رائع جدا .. يحمل مبادئ جميلة وفعالة في كيفية النظر للحياة والتعامل مع الظروف , وكيفية تقوية النية والعزيمة بتحقيق الأهداف والأماني .. وكيفية تفعيل طاقة الكون مع الذات وتحقيق التكامل

كتاب يصنع تاثير في الشخص بصراحة
Michelle
This book was awesome to listen to as I walk in the mornings. He has such a great speaking voice and attitude. I know I need to meditate to easy my 'monkey mind'. I am keeping this one on my Ipod for future use!
Ramon
Most of my books reviews will have this disclaimer. Most of the books in my library are audiobooks. I prefer audiobooks especially on long trips. I feel that if the book is that bad at least my time was not a complete waste. With that said I have been following Dr. Dyer on PBS for years. I can always walk away with some good thought or quote. This book was organized but I sometimes loose interest because there is alot to grasp. He is long winded and takes alot of time to make his point. Dr. Dyer...more
Nancy
I have read this book three times! Now I am on the fourth. I love this book; in fact, it changed my life! It is all about working with the Holy Spirit, or the Light of Christ--as the author labels it: the Power of Intention. It's about working on a higher energy level, losing your own ego, and doing what you were intended to do, thereby finding peace and happiness and fulfillment without a huge struggle of massive self-discipline but more of a "let go and let God" effort. It isn't really differe...more
Eddie
I love all this man's books, CD's and TV appearances. I have all of his books, and am truly inspired to hear his messages whether they be in written format or recordings. This book is a treasure because it contains some wonderful truths that can help anyone master the manifestation process. The basic message is that prosperity and abundance is an inside job and that we can attain it by first feeling prosperous within our minds. This book also offers tools that will help anyone align to the infin...more
Zhiyar Qadri
I had a great journey with this book, a simple and applicable spirituality book. The principles and overviews of the talks are really useful and imprints the idea in one's mind. Changed a lot of things in me and helped me go through some stressful stuff. Looking forward to read his other books and its recommended for anybody who is a beginner in reading spirituality or having a chaotic bunch of stuff in mind.
"So long as we believe in our heart of hearts that our capacity is limited and we grow a...more
Erica Robinson
This 2 CD set popped up when I was unpacking my books. A friend had given it to me so I decided to listen to it on my next long road trip. It was engaging, full of knowledge and entertaining. I thorougly enjoyed it and have been recommending it to friends. The way he spoke of the source gave me a greater perspective of who God really is. And how to tap into the Holy Spirit in order to create abundance and joy in your life. He didn't frame the conversation around Christianity, but because those a...more
Michael
I like Wayne Dyer's older books, especially Wisdom of the Ages and There Is a Spiritual Solution to Every Problem. I remember looking at this book when it came out about eight years ago and thinking, "Man, this looks pretty flakey." I guess I forgot that impression and picked up a copy from Paperbackswap.com. I got about 30 pages into it and thought to myself, "Many this really is pretty flakey."

I don't do crystal power, bro.

(Side note: Wayne Dyer once touched my head. Literally: he put his han...more
Brandon
When reading this book I felt as if I was reading the diary of my oldest friend, that being myself. I turned every page discovering a new quote straight from on of the books from the collection resting on myself. Dr. Wayne Dyers and I our kindered souls and I do hope to write a book of such calliber myself somday and open the world to the power of voliton as my dear friend has in this book. Rarely does one come across a book that touches them so as this one has touched me.
Ryan Tilley
This was my second time reading this book. Dr. Dyer is the greatest Gnostic since Edgar Allan Poe. He frequently quotes William Blake and Rumi and expands upon their spirtuality. I like what Wayne wrote about connectors: "They often get labeled as aloof and distant because because they don't gravitate toward small talk and gossip. This is profound work which unfortunately atheists and agnostics will shun because being co-creators with God does not fit their world view.
Dot Holly
This was a gift from my mother who felt I needed some encouragement to be more positive about life. A good introduction on how to empower yourself to change your view of your life by changing your attitude. Your thoughts are an energy with transformative power. This book provides techniques to help you harness that power. A book to be reread and recommended to those just starting out on the to improving their lives through changing their personal energy.
Dale
I really enjoyed reading this book as well as listening to it on C.D. It's the type of book you like to reread parts of when you want to lift your spirits. It basically is about how our thoughts and feelings attract people, places and things into our lives and how learning to focus on thoughts and feelings with higher vibrations like: joy, gratitude, love and forgiveness will draw better things into your life. I found the book both inspirational and uplifting.
Tamara
This book has helped me stay centered. The recommendations are at the higher level of my life aspirations but it is presented in a humbling and welcoming manner. I keep this book by my nightstand and reread a few chapters to be inspired. I often to remind myself that through intention anything is possible and there is always another perspective.
Penelope Smith
Its good, but a bit of a repeat of other stuff Ive read by him. Don't know which was first because I kinda skipped around to what was available at the time, but all of his books seem to repeat a lot. Its good info though. I would suggest checking it out first and then buying the ones that you like the most.
Doreen Pendgracs
I love the look and feel of this book. The colourful illustrations draw you into the message. And the message is a strong one.

Like all of Dr. Dyer's books, this is worth a read and is guaranteed to enrich your life.
Stephen
I found this book to be useful and inspiring. I will have to review my notes and possibly reread this book to absorb the authors "intention." More a reference book, then a book to read once and never pick up again.
Melissa
Another great book by Wayne. This book teaches you that there is power in Intention. It's terrific.
Yoli Marie
My life, my thoughts, my perspective, my past, present and future changed when I read this one!
نبذة عن الكتاب 1 18 Nov 10, 2011 09:38PM
  • The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent
  • The Spontaneous Fulfillment of Desire: Harnessing the Infinite Power of Coincidence
  • Power vs. Force
  • Soul Stories
  • Sacred Contracts: Awakening Your Divine Potential
  • Loving What Is: Four Questions That Can Change Your Life
  • Stillness Speaks
  • Creative Visualization: Use the Power of Your Imagination to Create What You Want in Your Life
  • Heal Your Body/New Cover: The Mental Causes for Physical Illness and the Metaphysical Way to Overcome Them
  • Trust Your Vibes: Secret Tools for Six-Sensory Living
  • The Field: The Quest for the Secret Force of the Universe
  • The Dark Side of the Light Chasers: Reclaiming Your Power, Creativity, Brilliance and Dreams
  • What the Bleep Do We Know!?: Discovering the Endless Possibilities for Altering Your Everyday Reality
  • A Course in Miracles
  • A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of "A Course in Miracles"
  • Excuse Me, Your Life Is Waiting: The Astonishing Power of Feelings
Wayne Walter Dyer is a popular American self-help advocate, author and lecturer. His 1976 book Your Erroneous Zones has sold over 30 million copies and is one of the best-selling books of all time. It is said to have "[brought] humanistic ideas to the masses".

He received his D.Ed. degree in counseling from Wayne State University. He was a guidance counselor in Detroit at the high school level and...more
More about Wayne W. Dyer...
Change Your Thoughts - Change Your Life: Living the Wisdom of the Tao Your Erroneous Zones Excuses Begone!: How to Change Lifelong, Self-Defeating Thinking Habits Inspiration: Your Ultimate Calling There's a Spiritual Solution to Every Problem

“Friends are God's way of apologizing for your family.” 481 likes
“if we focus on what's ugly, we attract more ugliness into our thoughts, and then into our emotions, and ultimately into our lives” 46 likes