Start by marking “Out of the Rain: Marriage Wanted\Laughter in the Rain” as Want to Read:
Out of the Rain: Marriage Wanted\Laughter in the Rain

Out of the Rain: Marriage Wanted\Laughter in the Rain (From This Day Forward #3-4)

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  547 ratings  ·  74 reviews
The old adage says Marry in haste, repent at leisure.

Marriage Wanted

Can you marry in haste and not repent at all?

Published July 26th 2011 by Mira

To ask other readers questions about Out of the Rain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out of the Rain

The Wedding Diary by Margaret JamesVision in White by Nora RobertsBed of Roses by Nora RobertsHappy Ever After by Nora RobertsSavor the Moment by Nora Roberts
Fictional Planners
37th out of 78 books — 70 voters
Upside Down in the Middle of Nowhere by Julie T. LamanaUmbrella Summer by Lisa GraffWife in the North by Judith O'ReillyShoe Strings by Christy HayesBelong to Me by Marisa de los Santos
Rain Boots
19th out of 31 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

April Suter
Two books in one edition:
Marriage Wanted: Savannah is a wedding consultant helping Nash's sister plan her wedding. Nash, a divorce attorney with a negative experience in love, barges into Savannah's business telling her she must stop the sister from getting married and in his opinion the dumbest thing to do on this earth. So Savannah has a lot of work to do to make the wedding happen. Nash's boss thinks it is time for him to move on and get married--again an unbelievable, unthinkable suggestion....more
Katherine
I don't usually read Debbie Macomber but I needed a story with an "O" so I picked this up, which turned out to be two stories. The first Marriage wanted was better but by no means great. The hero was good but the heroine (who has a limp) was whiney and got on my nerves. The second Laughter in the rain was just plain stupid. It seemed to be written by a Jr. High student. Dialogue was tedious and I skimmed a good portion. Guess I will stay away from her books.
This is a 2-in-1 novel. I really liked the first story. The storyline that basically turns unbelievers into believers of love and marriage and self worth is always a plus for me. But the second book... I just couldn't feel the chemistry between the main characters. Even at the end of the novel I was just plugging through it because I wanted to know what happened. I hated how indecisive Abby was through so much of the novel. So just ok for me.
Jessica
I really enjoyed the first story in the book but the second one got on my nerves. Logan kept repeating himself and their relationship just went in circles for way to long. I would have stopped reading if I didn't want to find out so bad if they made it through all their mistakes.
Emily Bernard
My review would have been five stars but the second story was extremely redundant and many times I just wanted it to be over with! It was so annoying that I even struggled to give this book four stars!
Pat
Aug 25, 2011 Pat added it
A typical cranked out book where you know the ending after page 20!! Still, I like her for a nonbrainer read after you have read something very heavy.

Lydia
Macomber is like a guilty pleasure. The novels are not tedious; very sweet and clean, and don't require much thinking.
If you are going to read this, read it only for the first story "Marriage Wanted"
The second one is not really worth the time.
Marriage Wanted is a fun ride between a jadded divorce attorney (who doesn't belive in lobe) and a wedding planner (who only wants love)
The wedding planner sees herself as less than what she really is due to a slight disability, and it takes the jadded Nash (who starts off by arguing with her about his sisters wedding) to show her that she is so much more than what she thi...more
Sally906
I dip into Debbie Macomber’s work from time to time – always a feel good read. ‘Marriage Wanted’ was no different – I really enjoyed how she developed the story, it was funny at times and a quick read. Both Savannah and Nash were likeable and believable – the plot was something I could see happening. Then I got to ‘Laughter in the Rain’ and it all went downhill after that. I just couldn’t relate to Abby and Logan at all, they were both quite selfish and foolish, her more than him, and I just wan...more
Marcia Berg Haskell
"The old adage says Marry in haste, repent at leisure.

Marriage Wanted

Can you marry in haste and not repent at all?

As far as Nash Davenport's concerned, marriage isn't shelter from the storm, it is the storm. He's a divorce attorney, himself divorced, who believes no married couple can live up to their wedding vows. Savannah Charles, however, believes in the value—and the values—of marriage. She's a wedding planner who finds herself saying yes when Nash unexpectedly proposes. Even though it's str...more
Linda Flores
This was a very light reading type book. This book consists of two short stories. The first story was a very predictable love story, but found it fun. The second story was another easy reading love story but a little unpredictable towards the end. It did get a little redundant in the plot, but was a quick read book.
Linda
Sometimes I'm in the mood for a Debbie Macomber novel and sometimes I'm not. This must have been one of the "not" times because I found these two stories frustrating. Frustrating because the female characters were so stupid and childish in their actions and the way they went about their relationships. I know it's only fiction, but come on, no one can be as immature as these two women who are both nearing 30 years of age.
Patricia Solla
The first story Marriage Wanted is about does marriage really last and a man who is disillusioned by the fact he's a divorce lawyer and all he sees is the down side to disolving a marriage. He gets involved with a wedding planner when his sister decides she's getting married and he's against the marriage. The author truly shows how bitterness can blind a person who can't see what love is really about any more.
The second story Laughter in the Rain is about a woman who has a love interest that som...more
Shari
This is a quick read of two republished Debbie Macomber books, "Marriage Wanted" and "Laughter in the Rain". I enjoyed both books even though they were predictable.
Cheryl Duncan
This is two different stories. I have to say I loved the first one and the second one was ok. I will be reading more of her books. They are great for an easy, clean romance novel!
George K
Love it...Out of the rain!!!This is one of the best book i read in the last couple of years. Totally worth it.
Lea
Disappointed in the weakness of the heroine in both of the stories, didn't like either of them.
Marriage Wanted: That the heroine has a disability and has yet to come to terms with it, has limited what she could do until a man came along to show her didn't sit well with me.
Laughter in the Rain: The heroine doesn't like her too safe boyfriend after meeting a stranger is a park seems okay enough. Totally unbelievable that she'd just start up a relationship with Tate after meeting him in a park, a...more
Elizabeth
The first of the two stories set up a good foundation. I absolutely loved it but I was hoping that there was just something more. The second story was just pathetic. I did not like it at all. Their whole relationship was built on routine and I thought that was what the heroine was trying to break out of. In the end I feel as though she only stayed with him because she realized that her other potential lover didn't want her in that aspect. If you're gong to read this book read the first and skip...more
Kim Hampton
Another great two-in-one book set from Debbie Macomber. Loved it so much that when I discovered that the library copy I was reading had ink spilled on a few of the back pages, and I couldn't finish the book, I drove to a friend's house to borrow her copy so I could finish it today! Debbie's books are great for anyone who loves a lighthearted read with solid, everyday characters that everyone can relate to.
Erika

This book is 2 novellas in the same book. The first one, Marriage Wanted, was entertaining and enjoyable; a quick read. The characters were likeable abd the plotline was engaging.The second one, Laughter in the Rain, was pretty terrible. Boring characters, repetitive storyline. Halfway through I skipped to the last page to see what happened so I didn't have to read anymore.
Anderson County Library
Nash thinks no marriage will last. Since he had one go bad. He's a divorce attorney. He believes no married couple can live up to their vows. Savannah believes in the values of marriage. She is a wedding planner. She believes there is a thing called "True Love." Finding she says yes. When Nash asks her to marry him. Is it business or love. Read it to find out.
Jenn O'Brien
You know exactly what you are getting into with a Debbie Macomber short story, so I shouldn't be surprised, but I just could not get into these two. I didn't particulary like the women characters, so I think that had a lot to do with it. I think if I was at the beach or on a flight and needed a no brainer quick read, this would be the book to take with.
trisha
Jun 28, 2012 trisha rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
I was so disappointed by this one. . . but it was a comfortable read. The first novella was far more engaging to me than the second one. I am a bit sad that I wasn't pleased. I expected stronger (quasi-stock) characters from Debbie Macomber that grabbed me despite their "stock" quality. The characters felt too rigid and boring.
Kelli
I love fluffy love stories, but all of the characters were far too whiny to care about. The second story was worse, with me wishing they'd just stay broken up. I have no faith that marriage will last with the number of times they broke up with each other and got back together in so few pages.
Mum
I enjoyed the first story and would give it 4 stars. The second story left much to be desired. It never captured the heroine's flighty behavior, other than in being messy, and late. She never seemed to grow as a person. It lacked the ingredients that make a romance, a romance.
Mandy
This book was two short stories. I loved the first one. It was a perfect fluffy read. The second drove me nuts, what don't people understand about communication? I would have given the first book a four and the second a two, so I met in the middle with a three.
Robyn Brown

I couldn't quite get into these stories - I really tried. The female characters were annoying and lacked common sense. How the men stuck around to continue a relationship with them is beyond me. The first story is definitely the stronger of the two.
I love Debbie Macomber but I didn't care for this novel. The stories were annoying. I felt like the storylines kept going around in circles. The same things were repeated over and over. Not her best writing. I don't recommend it.
April
The first story was nice and enjoyable. The second story was not. I didn't like any of the characters and the story itself got on my nerves. I love Debbie Macomber and this is the first time one of her books has disappointed.
  • Tea and Destiny: Tea and Destiny\Light the Stars
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #4 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • Santa In Montana (Calder Saga #11)
  • Blue Skies
  • Marrying Daisy Bellamy (Lakeshore Chronicles #8)
  • One Summer (Shelter Bay, #2)
  • Making Spirits Bright
  • Ragged Rainbows
  • Dream Wedding: Dream Bride\Dream Groom
  • Forever Mine
  • A Bride By Christmas: Home For Christmas\ The Wise Virgin\ Tumbleweed Christmas

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #...more
More about Debbie Macomber...
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) 16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove, #1) Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5)