Start by marking “Out of the Rain: Marriage Wanted\Laughter in the Rain” as Want to Read:
Out of the Rain: Marriage Wanted\Laughter in the Rain

Out of the Rain: Marriage Wanted\Laughter in the Rain (From This Day Forward #3-4)

The old adage says Marry in haste, repent at leisure.

Marriage Wanted

Can you marry in haste and not repent at all?

Published July 26th 2011 by Mira

To ask other readers questions about Out of the Rain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out of the Rain

April Suter
Nov 19, 2011 April Suter rated it really liked it
Two books in one edition:
Marriage Wanted: Savannah is a wedding consultant helping Nash's sister plan her wedding. Nash, a divorce attorney with a negative experience in love, barges into Savannah's business telling her she must stop the sister from getting married and in his opinion the dumbest thing to do on this earth. So Savannah has a lot of work to do to make the wedding happen. Nash's boss thinks it is time for him to move on and get married--again an unbelievable, unthinkable suggestion.
Katherine
May 24, 2012 Katherine rated it it was ok
I don't usually read Debbie Macomber but I needed a story with an "O" so I picked this up, which turned out to be two stories. The first Marriage wanted was better but by no means great. The hero was good but the heroine (who has a limp) was whiney and got on my nerves. The second Laughter in the rain was just plain stupid. It seemed to be written by a Jr. High student. Dialogue was tedious and I skimmed a good portion. Guess I will stay away from her books.
Marianne
Jul 02, 2016 Marianne rated it liked it
An omnibus of two Debbie Macomber romances:
Marriage Wanted is the third book in the From This Day Forward series by popular American author, Debbie Macomber. Wedding planner, Savannah is asked by Susan Davenport to plan something within her limited budget for her wedding to Kurt. Her older brother Nash is her only living relative, but is so against marriage she doubts he will even attend. Savannah is determined to give Susan a romantic wedding she will cherish.

Nash Davenport is bitterly divorce
Sally906
Apr 04, 2013 Sally906 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I dip into Debbie Macomber’s work from time to time – always a feel good read. ‘Marriage Wanted’ was no different – I really enjoyed how she developed the story, it was funny at times and a quick read. Both Savannah and Nash were likeable and believable – the plot was something I could see happening. Then I got to ‘Laughter in the Rain’ and it all went downhill after that. I just couldn’t relate to Abby and Logan at all, they were both quite selfish and foolish, her more than him, and I just wan ...more
Sep 11, 2012 Laura rated it liked it
This is a 2-in-1 novel. I really liked the first story. The storyline that basically turns unbelievers into believers of love and marriage and self worth is always a plus for me. But the second book... I just couldn't feel the chemistry between the main characters. Even at the end of the novel I was just plugging through it because I wanted to know what happened. I hated how indecisive Abby was through so much of the novel. So just ok for me.
Emily Bernard
Jan 21, 2012 Emily Bernard rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
My review would have been five stars but the second story was extremely redundant and many times I just wanted it to be over with! It was so annoying that I even struggled to give this book four stars!
Jessica
Oct 11, 2011 Jessica rated it liked it
I really enjoyed the first story in the book but the second one got on my nerves. Logan kept repeating himself and their relationship just went in circles for way to long. I would have stopped reading if I didn't want to find out so bad if they made it through all their mistakes.
Pat
Aug 25, 2011 Pat added it
A typical cranked out book where you know the ending after page 20!! Still, I like her for a nonbrainer read after you have read something very heavy.

Lydia
Aug 23, 2011 Lydia rated it really liked it
Macomber is like a guilty pleasure. The novels are not tedious; very sweet and clean, and don't require much thinking.
Samantha Glennerster
Mar 14, 2017 Samantha Glennerster rated it did not like it
So predictable and yet at the same time unbelievable. Do people really behave like that?
Charlene
Mar 05, 2017 Charlene rated it liked it
Marriage Wanted was an enjoyable story of opposites attract.

Nash, a divorce attorney, swears off marriage after being personally hurt in his first marriage (and after seeing so many marriages fail). Savannah, a wedding coordinator/planner, swears that marriages are forever (love conquers all). Both are stubborn and headstrong. Yet despite their differing perspectives, they learn to discover the importance of compromise, communication and love.

Laughter in the Rain was less enjoyable. I felt that
Reeds
Oct 07, 2016 Reeds added it
The story title "Laughter in the Rain" pulled me in and caused me to read this book.
That song is so enjoyable I was hoping the book would be too.
The book seemed sad to me.
Jan 02, 2017 Laura rated it it was ok
Shelves: debbie-macomber
I normally like and enjoy Debbie Macomber's books but this one caught me by surprise. The first book, Marriage Wanted, was a cute story of two people who viewed marriage in two completely different ways. Seeing how they were trying to change the other person's views was interesting. I was surprised that Nash's view changed rather quickly and Savannah didn't really have to change much on her part for their story to work out.

Laughter in the Rain was an entirely different story for me. I did not en
Dec 12, 2013 Sarah rated it really liked it
If you are going to read this, read it only for the first story "Marriage Wanted"
The second one is not really worth the time.
Marriage Wanted is a fun ride between a jadded divorce attorney (who doesn't belive in lobe) and a wedding planner (who only wants love)
The wedding planner sees herself as less than what she really is due to a slight disability, and it takes the jadded Nash (who starts off by arguing with her about his sisters wedding) to show her that she is so much more than what she thi
Marcia  Haskell
Aug 14, 2011 Marcia Haskell rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, contemporary
"The old adage says Marry in haste, repent at leisure.

Marriage Wanted

Can you marry in haste and not repent at all?

As far as Nash Davenport's concerned, marriage isn't shelter from the storm, it is the storm. He's a divorce attorney, himself divorced, who believes no married couple can live up to their wedding vows. Savannah Charles, however, believes in the value—and the values—of marriage. She's a wedding planner who finds herself saying yes when Nash unexpectedly proposes. Even though it's str
Cheriwinkle
Jan 26, 2016 Cheriwinkle rated it it was ok
This was two novels under one cover. I became a fan of Debbie Macomber after reading a couple of more recent novels and have been working my way through the Blossom Street series (which I love). I have been collecting her older books at our library's 'on-going book sale' and our local thrift store. The first novel of this pair-Marriage Wanted-is an OK read, although the whole premise is a stretch (unusual for the Macomber books I've read so far). However, the second-Laughter in the Rain-wasn't w ...more
Lea
Jul 30, 2011 Lea rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Disappointed in the weakness of the heroine in both of the stories, didn't like either of them.
Marriage Wanted: That the heroine has a disability and has yet to come to terms with it, has limited what she could do until a man came along to show her didn't sit well with me.
Laughter in the Rain: The heroine doesn't like her too safe boyfriend after meeting a stranger is a park seems okay enough. Totally unbelievable that she'd just start up a relationship with Tate after meeting him in a park, a
Patricia Solla
Oct 17, 2011 Patricia Solla rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
The first story Marriage Wanted is about does marriage really last and a man who is disillusioned by the fact he's a divorce lawyer and all he sees is the down side to disolving a marriage. He gets involved with a wedding planner when his sister decides she's getting married and he's against the marriage. The author truly shows how bitterness can blind a person who can't see what love is really about any more.
The second story Laughter in the Rain is about a woman who has a love interest that som
Elizabeth
Dec 25, 2012 Elizabeth rated it liked it
The first of the two stories set up a good foundation. I absolutely loved it but I was hoping that there was just something more. The second story was just pathetic. I did not like it at all. Their whole relationship was built on routine and I thought that was what the heroine was trying to break out of. In the end I feel as though she only stayed with him because she realized that her other potential lover didn't want her in that aspect. If you're gong to read this book read the first and skip ...more
Kim Hampton
Mar 19, 2014 Kim Hampton rated it really liked it
Another great two-in-one book set from Debbie Macomber. Loved it so much that when I discovered that the library copy I was reading had ink spilled on a few of the back pages, and I couldn't finish the book, I drove to a friend's house to borrow her copy so I could finish it today! Debbie's books are great for anyone who loves a lighthearted read with solid, everyday characters that everyone can relate to.
Barbi
Jun 07, 2015 Barbi rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed the 2 stories in this book. The characters were well developed and fun to read about. I really liked the story of Nash and Savannah when they tried to convince the other of how great/horrible marriage was. That, in itself, was purely entertaining. Then, I loved the story of Logan and Savannah and Tate. I kept rooting for them to work it out and the truth to come out and the author made me wait until the last chapter and the last few pages at that.
Linda
Feb 13, 2014 Linda rated it it was ok
Sometimes I'm in the mood for a Debbie Macomber novel and sometimes I'm not. This must have been one of the "not" times because I found these two stories frustrating. Frustrating because the female characters were so stupid and childish in their actions and the way they went about their relationships. I know it's only fiction, but come on, no one can be as immature as these two women who are both nearing 30 years of age.
Erika
Jun 30, 2012 Erika rated it liked it

This book is 2 novellas in the same book. The first one, Marriage Wanted, was entertaining and enjoyable; a quick read. The characters were likeable abd the plotline was engaging.The second one, Laughter in the Rain, was pretty terrible. Boring characters, repetitive storyline. Halfway through I skipped to the last page to see what happened so I didn't have to read anymore.
trisha
Jun 28, 2012 trisha rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012
I was so disappointed by this one. . . but it was a comfortable read. The first novella was far more engaging to me than the second one. I am a bit sad that I wasn't pleased. I expected stronger (quasi-stock) characters from Debbie Macomber that grabbed me despite their "stock" quality. The characters felt too rigid and boring.
Linda Flores
Feb 28, 2014 Linda Flores rated it liked it
This was a very light reading type book. This book consists of two short stories. The first story was a very predictable love story, but found it fun. The second story was another easy reading love story but a little unpredictable towards the end. It did get a little redundant in the plot, but was a quick read book.
Jenn O'Brien
Aug 26, 2011 Jenn O'Brien rated it it was ok
You know exactly what you are getting into with a Debbie Macomber short story, so I shouldn't be surprised, but I just could not get into these two. I didn't particulary like the women characters, so I think that had a lot to do with it. I think if I was at the beach or on a flight and needed a no brainer quick read, this would be the book to take with.
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
I love Debbie Macomber but I didn't care for this novel. The stories were annoying. I felt like the storylines kept going around in circles. The same things were repeated over and over. Not her best writing. I don't recommend it.
Andreasoldier
Feb 12, 2015 Andreasoldier rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, fiction
Two pretty run-of-mill romances. Second was better — woman with good guy falls in lust with new man. Good guy decides he's worried but will give her space. Woman decides it "was grass is greener" thing, but now pride — hers and good guy's — is getting in way of getting back together.
April
Jul 30, 2011 April rated it liked it
The first story was nice and enjoyable. The second story was not. I didn't like any of the characters and the story itself got on my nerves. I love Debbie Macomber and this is the first time one of her books has disappointed.
Janice
Dec 26, 2016 Janice rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
Both stories emphasize the need to clearly communicate! The first story was cute. The second story shared the characters pain. I might read another Macomber to see how consistent she is with this style.
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #4 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • Tea and Destiny: Tea and Destiny\Light the Stars
  • Santa In Montana (Calder Saga #11)
  • The Bachelor Prince
  • The Apartment
  • Texas Wildflower
  • First Impressions / Blithe Images
  • Reunited for the Holidays
  • Tangled Lies (Men Made In America 2 #11)
  • A Magical Christmas
  • Highland Heart (Highland Hearts, #0.5)
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 990 weeks on the New York Times ...more
More about Debbie Macomber...

From This Day Forward (3 books)
  • Groom Wanted (From This Day Forward #1)
  • Istri Pilihan (Bride Wanted)
  • Pernikahan Impian (Marriage Wanted)