Start by marking “Larry Bond's First Team (Larry Bond's First Team, #1)” as Want to Read:
Larry Bond's First Team (Larry Bond's First Team, #1)

Larry Bond's First Team (Larry Bond's First Team #1)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  353 ratings  ·  25 reviews
The New York Times bestselling author of the classic technothrillers Red Phoenix and Day of Wrath, Larry Bond has won praise for the gritty authenticity of his military-political adventures as well as for his matchless talent at generating edge-of-your-seat suspense. Now Bond debutes an exciting new series that rockets straight from the cutting edge of America's war on ter ...more
Published May 1st 2004 by Forge Books

To ask other readers questions about Larry Bond's First Team, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Larry Bond's First Team

Jerome
I seriously considered quitting this book after about 100 pages. At this point the problem wasn't the storytelling, but the horrendeous dialogue among the "First Team". I guess the authors were trying to add character to these people, but every other word was a joke or a lewd comment. This detracted from the already choppy story because it often seemed forced and out of place and incredibly unrealistic. I doubt soldiers trade crass jokes in the heat of battle.

The horrible dialogue tapers off som
Sarah Eckert
I love military/CIA/FBI themed books. Especially one where protagonists go after terrorists and win.

Guess it's just the American in me.

I also like when authors think about ways terrorists can get us, then figure out how to make the protagonists figure out what the terrorists are doing and then stop them. It shows that they are thinking and that if the public reads these books might be on the lookout for ways terrorists might think to attack us and how we can stop them.

Or it might just make us pa
Mike Emett
I am not one to just stop reading book no matter how bad, dragging-ly slow it is, good, great etc etc etc it is... I will finish it!!!!! However.... Larry Bond has the 'honor' of being my first book/author to just stop reading a book altogether. I love military/political techno-thrillers to the max! YET.... this book was dragging.... dragging.... I could not take it anymore! Sorry Larry. I had hopes for this series and other books but it drags on and on. I look into and read through other books ...more
Jake Karam
A little tough to get going but well worth it. A great lead character with a solid team. As far as these team themed books got his series is worth it and gets better as you go along.
Dan Smith
the is the first of this series that I have read. There is not a minute of down time during the entire book. I am really looking forward to the next one.
Martin Streetman
Dec 19, 2008 Martin Streetman rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Martin by: Chicago Nick
Elisif
Aug 11, 2009 Elisif marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I don't know if I'm going to like this, but years ago I really enjoyed some of his other stuff. The military stuff I read is usually non-fiction, but fiction might be a nice change. I'm so busy these days, something escapist is best.
Chuck
Co-written with Jim DeFelice. I suspect that Bond offered only the use of
his name to this effort as it is badly written. I retired after 50 pages.
Twilight Sparkle
Norris Holmes
Jun 22, 2013 Norris Holmes marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bond-larry
After bout a qtr way into it I gave up. Just couldn't seem to get into it any longer. And way too much cussing for me as well.
Craig
Larry Bond should have stuck to writing his own books rather than renting his name to the sophomoric First Team series.
Papal Bull
Slow. Jumpy. Not as enjoyable as other technothrillers out there. Definitely not as good as Bond's earlier work.
John Alexander
It was a good book,nothing great. It did just enough to keep my attention and help put me to sleep at night.
Bob4you
I started reading it again 3/19 as I was reading 4 books at one time, not good idea, too confusing. LOL
Mr.
Thrilling adventure. Makes you wonder what's really going on in the threats mind.
Matt
very good book if you like military adventure and spy stories
Dick
Charles
Good read overall.. Has it's down spots but I enjoyed it
Rev Gary
Sometimes hard to follow. Action jumps around too much.
Carl Kilgore
Great book. The sequels get better and better as well.
David
could have been better, very slow in places
Jeff Crosby
Disappointing based on his earlier works.
Beth A
tight, suspenseful story telling
Toesnorth's mom
boring, didn't read
Julie L Kosue
Julie L Kosue marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Glenn Wright
Glenn Wright marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
  • Razor's Edge (Dreamland, #3)
  • Barracuda 945 (Admiral Arnold Morgan, #6)
  • The Disciple (Tommy Carmellini, #4)
19636
Larry Bond is the author of several bestselling military thrillers, including Crash Dive, Cold Choices, Dangerous Ground, Red Phoenix and the Larry Bond’s First Team and Larry Bond’s Red Dragon Rising series. He was a naval officer for six years, serving four on a destroyer and two on shore duty in the Washington DC area. He's also worked as a warfare analyst and antisubmarine technology expert, a ...more
More about Larry Bond...

Larry Bond's First Team (4 books)
  • Angels of Wrath (Larry Bond's First Team, #2)
  • Fires of War (Larry Bond's First Team, #3)
  • Soul of the Assassin (Larry Bond's First Team, #4)
Red Phoenix Cauldron Vortex The Enemy Within Dangerous Ground (Jerry Mitchell, #1)