Start by marking “Satisfaction” as Want to Read:
Satisfaction

Satisfaction (Darling Detectives #2)

3.76  ·  Rating Details  ·  215 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Hotshot private eye Ethan Darling regulary risks his life to collar dangerous criminals, but he's pretty sure his latest assignment will be as easy as apple pie. He's the new bodyguard for Georgiana Mundy, culinary queen and host of her own top-rated TV show. But while protecting the delicious diva from a man in her past, he's surprised to find that it's not just her delec ...more
Published October 13th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published November 27th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Satisfaction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Satisfaction

Christa
Jan 18, 2009 Christa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: booksfree-com
Satisfaction was an enjoyable contemporary romance with some suspense. I didn't realize when I started the book that it was a sequel to Arousing Suspicions. I was able to feel comfortable reading the story without reading the prequel, but I believe that I would have had a better feel for some of the dynamics between the characters if I would have read Arousing Suspicions first. The characters in Satisfaction were likeable and the storyline was fast paced and had plenty of action. I liked this bo ...more
ChloeLeeNH
Dec 28, 2008 ChloeLeeNH rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wasn't as cracked up funny as the last one I read of hers... but I thought the suspense was good and though I thought their relationship jumped to love quickly it is hard to stretch these things out sometimes.. I am going to check for some others from her after two good ones... thought I think she goes paranormal for one or two of the series... just not my cup of tea!
Kassandra
I enjoyed Ethan and Georgie's story. I thought that character development was really well done and it was fun to see Ethan, whom you meet in his brother's book, so toic open and and really see his caring for both his estranged brother and love interest. Of the Darling siblings, Ethan's is my favorite. I get a kick out of his relationship with Georgie and seeing them grow together.
Just - The romance reader
A yummy read!

Sparks fly when hotshot private eye Ethan Darling becomes tv chef Georgiana Mundy's bodyguard after a string of events lead those around Georgie to believe that someone from her past is out to get her.

Georgie isn't initially all that thrilled to have Ethan keeping an eye on her, and the job doesn't turn out to be quite as much of a cake walk as Ethan was expecting. But things work out nicely.

I enjoyed the overall plot, and the fact that Georgie is a chef and food is often mentioned
Allison
The plot was good as it moved along quickly. I have to admit I quit reading feng shui tips halfway through- they didn't really add to the plot.
Pamela(AllHoney)
The second in the Darling Detectives series by Marianne Stillings. Ethan Darling is hired to be the bodyguard for Georgiana Mundy, host of a popular culinary TV show.

This is what I'd call a light romantic suspense. The main focus is really the romance with a light suspense element to keep the story going. It was fun and entertaining and, well, I really liked it.
Michelle
Nov 16, 2008 Michelle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Jennifer Crusie fans
I picked this book up on impulse. The author's sense of humor really shined through some parts of the story and had me laughing out loud. The plot was better than some romances but some of the development was lacking - some of the shifts felt contrived. I will be looking for more by this author. I'd recommend this author to Jennifer Crusie fan's looking for new material.
Ami
Sep 02, 2008 Ami rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
well, it's not really grand but it's an okay read. i am annoyed with the heroine sometimes, i think she is pushy as hell. if she is my friend, i would probably tell her to shut up and leave me alone, then REALLY leave her alone. but, it's a quick read, and i need quick read from time to time. so there ...
Zoe
This was cute - I liked it much better than I thouhgt I would. I've been having trouble finding good Contemporary romances (at least by authors I don't know) but this was very enjoyable. The heroines obsession with Feng Shui was cute.
Loralee
Mar 16, 2008 Loralee marked it as wish-list  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read anything by this author, but this sounds like a fun, light read, by a fellow DN. So I'll be keeping my eye out for this one, and others by this author as well.
Amber
Jul 13, 2009 Amber rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book, I really loved the character Georgie, and thought she was perfect for Ethan.

The only complant was I felt the end was a little draged out.
Hope Corizzo
Oct 05, 2008 Hope Corizzo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun romance. Sweet, sexy and an interesting thriller that doesn't take a back seat.
Katie
Aug 11, 2009 Katie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-09
Pretty cute book with a hero cop to save the day!
Mike
Aug 14, 2011 Mike rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
pure trashy junk
Lisa
loved it!
Karen Desmond
Nov 02, 2011 Karen Desmond rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Janet
Lori
Lori added it
Jan 09, 2016
Julie
Julie rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2016
Modesty_b
Modesty_b rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Henriette
Henriette marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2015
Camille
Camille marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2015
Aubrey
Aubrey rated it it was amazing
toni cox fain
toni cox fain rated it it was amazing
Tayyiba
Tayyiba rated it it was amazing
Marilyn
Marilyn rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2015
  • Dark and Dangerous
  • Cutting Loose (Steele Street, #8)
  • The Trophy Wife
  • Come Up and See Me Sometime (CIS Duo, #1)
  • Express Male (OPUS #2)
  • Shattered Sky
  • My Spy (SEAL and Code Name, #3)
  • Ace Is Wild
  • Take Me Tonight (Bullet Catcher, #3)
  • Special of the Day
  • Tall, Dark, and Cajun (Cajun, #2)
  • Making Over Mr. Right (Goddess #3)
  • The Devil and Ms. Johnson
  • Right Here, Right Now
  • Intimate Danger
  • Happy Birthday, Nancy Tobin
  • A Stranger's Touch (Psychic Triplet Trilogy, #2)
  • Speed Demons
Marianne entered the world in the usual way, eleven days before Christmas way back in Nineteen, uh, something. The first child born to a Santa Barbara, California heating and sheet metal contractor and a former “Rosie” (as in WWII airplane riveter), Marianne was named after a character in a book. Hmm. Auspicious? A harbinger, foreshadowing things to come?
Superfluous fact: Marianne doesn't have a
More about Marianne Stillings...

Darling Detectives (3 books)
  • Arousing Suspicions