Start by marking “Does This Make My Assets Look Fat?: A Woman's Guide to Finding Financial Empowerment and Success” as Want to Read:

3.26 of 5 stars 3.26  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  5 reviews
As Susan Hirshman sees it, the rules of successful dieting are the same rules that apply to successful money management. In this upbeat and informative guide she offers women a 3-phase personalized plan that follows common dieting programs to help them understand their finances.

The structure of the book is consistent with that of a typical diet book - it includes an evalua
Published August 30th 2011 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published September 14th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Does This Make My Assets Look Fat?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Does This Make My Assets Look Fat?

Darcy
I think myself a fairly savvy person with my money. But in the last few years life has taken me down a different road. I found this book to be easy to read and understand. Much of it were things that I knew, but it is always a good idea to revisit them again. If you think that you need to be smarter about your money this is a good book to check out.
Brianne
I enjoyed this book because information was presented well and without bias toward one investment option over another. The full range of financial planning from accumulation to distribution was covered. This is a keeper.
Bob
Not sure why this book needs to be for women specifically. Maybe because they can relate to the diet analogy that permeates the book?

It starts off with some good analysis of an interesting example of how to not set your financial priorities: If you're being smart, paying off that relatively high interest student loan eventually probably isn't the best choice. And you do need to look at the cost of your decisions, rather than prioritizing according to what stuff you like most, and procrastinating
Juliana
Great comparison- money and diet - I hope to use the idea to loose weight because I have different financial ideas that works better for me than what the books says, very interesting and insightful book nonetheless.
Tina
While I could have done without the dieting analogies, Hirshman's book is a keeper. Good reference point for financial terminology.
Michelle Kabat
Michelle Kabat marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Vepa Gurbanov
Vepa Gurbanov is currently reading it
Apr 20, 2015
Shan White
Shan White marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Mon
Mon added it
Aug 21, 2014
Scarlett
Scarlett marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Jennifer is currently reading it
Jun 26, 2015
Mia Gallardo Gallardo
Mia Gallardo Gallardo is currently reading it
Jan 09, 2014
Anne E. Braband
Anne E. Braband marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Hilliary Smith
Hilliary Smith marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2013
Avolyn Fisher
Avolyn Fisher marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2013
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2013