Start by marking “Jared (Red, Hot & Blue, #4)” as Want to Read:
Jared (Red, Hot & Blue, #4)

Jared (Red, Hot & Blue #4)

Everything is just right...until she turns his life upside down.

Red, Hot & Blue, Book 4
It doesn't take anything fancy to make Jared Gordon a happy man. A slice of his mama's pie, a pretty girl, a well-bred horse. Life on the farm is just how he likes it. Simple. Until a big-city girl blows into town like a tornado hitting a trailer park.
Quintessentially small-town Pi
Published (first published February 27th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Jared, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jared

Jae
I'm giving it a star for the yummy cover alone. And sadly not much to elaborate on the story itself. Too short for anything dirty and naughty to happen.

The sex scenes were H A W T though. But big brother Jimmy is still my favorite.
Angela
Sep 06, 2013 Angela rated it really liked it
Cute quick read! Def rec for light reading!
Robin *loves sexy books*
2.5 stars. Way way too short. It was just getting started and boom, over!
Mandy Menasco
May 22, 2017 Mandy Menasco rated it it was amazing
Good read
Kari
Jun 13, 2017 Kari rated it liked it
Ni_kii
Apr 07, 2011 Ni_kii rated it really liked it
Jared is a little bit of a lover. As the head of the Equine ranch that his family owns, Jared has a lot of responsibilities, so who can blame him for having a little fun? Enter Mandy Morris. Mandy wants to use the ranch, and the surrounding town, as part of a reality TV show. Jared is instantly attracted and, although she can appreciate that Jared is amazingly hot, Mandy has never let business mix with pleasure so tempers her rushing libido. Jared won't let himself, or the farm be filmed, worrie ...more
Kimberly
Jun 26, 2011 Kimberly rated it liked it
Blue Ribbon Rating: 3 out of 5
Original Review Link

Jared Gordon likes his laid-back life in the small Southern town of Pigeon Hollow. Producer Mandy Morris is a threat to that. It seems the L.A. lady thinks that Pigeon Hollow is the perfect site for her new reality show, and she wants Jared to be a part of it. There’s no way Jared will put up with a camera zeroed in on his face – or any other portion of his anatomy. Yet, while Jared has no interest in learning about reality TV, he does want to ge
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under the Covers

I'm really not sure how this series turned into sexy military men out of uniform into hot sexy cowboys that I just have to drool over, but I've been drooling over Jared for a few books now and let me tell you, he is one hot cowboy!

He's the brother that stayed back to work the family ranch when his brothers went off to the military. He's been happy with that but he's also had a lot of responsibilities. Mandy is rolling into town looking for the perfect sm
Heather in FL
Another sweet installment of the Red, Hot & Blue guys. Though this guy wasn't in the military, he's still red-blooded, hot American male. :-) My main complaint about this one was its length. I just wanted more story at the end. I don't know if the story line about the reality show will continue in the next books, but I wanted to see them sneak around! Lol! Seems as though Jared sort of publicly claimed Mandy. Because of his ex, I guess he sort of had to or he'd have likely lost her. Anyway, ...more
Brenda
Mar 18, 2011 Brenda rated it really liked it
⚜Trea⚜
Jun 30, 2013 ⚜Trea⚜ rated it liked it
Shelves: challenges-2013
Yet another short and steamy romance from Cat Johnson. Once again, we get peeks into previous character's ongoing romances, which is enjoyable for this reader. I liked that she chose to do a "mini-trilogy" within the series by focusing on each of the Gordon Brothers in a book. This time, she chose to focus on a "Down Home America" aspect by focusing on the Gordon Brother that didn't enlist in the military. This book kicked off another "mini-trilogy", one where the heroes are all men from around ...more
Sep 08, 2011 315 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Okay, that was random! This book is so…. random for me. I honestly can’t even come up with a better explanation for my thoughts on this book. Other than he’s related to two of the pervious book main characters this book has zero purpose with the other Unit members. I think I could have liked this book more if it wasn’t just so hard for me to understand the purpose of why this book was done before others in the Unit?!?! What’s next, a book on Mac the town’s diner cook?

Aside from the fact that bo
HappilyEverChapter
Jared's story is another too-short one. It takes us off-base & back to the Gordon Equine farm.
Mandy's looking for her big breakthrough to happen. A small-town reality show. She comes upon Pigeon Hollow after learning of a woman-owned champion horse breeding farm & discovers even more than she could hope for.
The characters in this series are, for the most part, enjoyable. I only wish the stories were longer.
Wendy ~M/M Junkie~
Oct 13, 2012 Wendy ~M/M Junkie~ rated it liked it
Shelves: source-calibre
This is book 4 of the Red, Hot & Blue series by Cat Johnson and is the story of Jared and Mandy.
I really liked the first three in this series, but this one was just okay.
I know it is only a novella, but I just thought it was too abrupt. There could've been so much more and in the end I was left wanting. It was a good story, but it seemed more like just the start of one.
I will eventually continue this series as I am enjoying the characters.
Angel
Feb 04, 2013 Angel rated it it was amazing
Jared Gordon was just minding his own business, trying to get service from his ex's friend when she walked in and threw his world for a loop. Mandy is trying to find the perfect little town for her new show and she has fallen for Pigeon Hollow and she's also fallen for Jared for her show....or maybe a bit more....I really enjoyed this one. Fast paced interesting read I'm so loving this series....onto the next
Beate
Feb 22, 2013 Beate rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, erotica
This one is both cute and sexy. Jared is the kind of cowboy no woman can resist. Even with Jared being Jack and Jimmy's younger brother, I don't quite see how he fits into the series.

That being said, Jared is very entertaining. He's funny, just a little bit crazy, and his antics made me laugh out loud several times. Mandy is strong, has a way with words, and is exactly what Jared needs. Crazy ex-girlfriends aside, this is a fun read.
Lai
Feb 09, 2013 Lai rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013-books-read
Jared, living in the town he grew up in. There's not a lot of options for him if he's not willing to settle down. Enter, Hollywood. Mandy Morris, a producer wanting to do a reality show in the town of Pigeon Forge. She just needs Jared to sign on. Again, I liked Jared. I found him funny and HOT. Couldn't drum anything up for Mandy. Sorry.
Lily
Nov 26, 2012 Lily rated it liked it
Why are all her books so short? If they let the town be on a reality series than wouldn't that be bad for the military siblings? I read this book to get through the series but by the time I read that last chapter not realizing it was the last chapter I just went majorly HUH! where is the rest of this happily ever after? Or anything else for that matter.
Kim
Dec 30, 2011 Kim rated it liked it

Ah, what? I absolutely loved Jared, but what happened? I truly felt like it ended in the middle of the story. This was super short and I was so disappointed.

I love the guys in the Red, Hot & Blue series, but this was crazy short.
Serena
May 10, 2011 Serena rated it liked it
I am giving this a 3.5 stars because this story was way to short. It really could have gone some where great but it ended before it really got half way through. May have to read the original to see way they changed maybe the original goes a bit further.
Amy
Jun 11, 2013 Amy rated it liked it
Like a lot of the other reviews I read, I felt like it was over when it was just getting started. It seemed like an unnatural end to the book. I'm sure with the other half of the book it would be five stars!
Kim
Jun 23, 2012 Kim rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cat-johnson
I just loved the Gordon men - all Southern charm and reeking of male essence. When these men fell it was hard and fast.
Candace
Apr 18, 2012 Candace rated it liked it
Shelves: i-own-on-kindle
Again, my only complaint about this series is that each book is too short. I'd like to see more.

Jared and Mandy's is a great story with smokin' hot chemistry. Loved it.
Jenn Scranton
Feb 26, 2013 Jenn Scranton rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Really short book. As usual, it is really well written, but novellas just don't really do it for me...
Tina Theresa
I enjoyed it but it was too short. Considering how that is the case of all the books in this series, I knew that before I read it.
Joy
Dec 24, 2013 Joy rated it really liked it
This was OK for a quick read. Not much story so don't expect much. I loved the naughty scenes and both of them had chemistry
Sadonna
May 21, 2011 Sadonna rated it it was ok
Shortest of the Red, White & Blue - would have like to have seen more of the characters in this on.
Michele
Jan 18, 2013 Michele rated it really liked it
Cute story. Changes the pace of the series. Not as much suspense or action as the other books in the series.
Patricia Mattingly
Oct 21, 2015 Patricia Mattingly rated it it was amazing
Jared

The last Gordon brother in Red, Hot, and Blue shame that their wasn't more of them but we have more guys to read about.
Kathy Johnson
Kathy Johnson rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2013
  • Heat It Up (Out of Uniform, #4)
  • All The King's Horses
  • Command and Control (Holding out for a Hero, #2)
  • Deacon's Touch (Dume Ranch Series, #1)
  • He's the One (includes Oklahoma Nights #1.5; Barefoot William #2.5)
  • Southern Comfort (Compass Brothers, #2)
  • Magnus (Semper Fi, #1)
  • Cowboy Lust
  • SEAL Endeavor (SEAL Brotherhood novella, #1.5)
  • Blindsided (Roman Holiday #3)
  • Jagger's Moves (SEALs On Fire #4)
  • Male Call  (Hot Zone #1)
  • Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off (Country Music Collection, #1)
  • Rocky Mountain Desire (Six Pack Ranch, #3)
It all started in first grade when Cat Johnson won the essay contest at Hawthorne Elementary School and got to ride in the Chief of Police's car in the Memorial Day Parade...and the rest, as they say, is history. As an adult, Cat generally tries to stay out of police cars and is thrilled to be writing for a living. She has been published under a different name in the Young Adult genre, but release ...more
More about Cat Johnson...

Red, Hot & Blue (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Trey (Red, Hot & Blue, #1)
  • Jack (Red, Hot & Blue, #2)
  • Jimmy (Red, Hot & Blue, #3)
  • Cole (Red, Hot & Blue, #5)
  • Bobby (Red, Hot & Blue, #6)
  • A Few Good Men (Red, Hot & Blue, #7)
  • Model Soldier (Red, Hot & Blue, #8)
  • A Prince Among Men (Task Force Zeta, #6)
  • Bull (Red, Hot & Blue, #10)
  • Matt (Red, Hot & Blue, #11)