Start by marking “Jared (Red, Hot & Blue, #4)” as Want to Read:
Jared (Red, Hot & Blue, #4)

Jared (Red, Hot & Blue #4)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  448 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Everything is just right...until she turns his life upside down.

Red, Hot & Blue, Book 4
It doesn't take anything fancy to make Jared Gordon a happy man. A slice of his mama's pie, a pretty girl, a well-bred horse. Life on the farm is just how he likes it. Simple. Until a big-city girl blows into town like a tornado hitting a trailer park.
Quintessentially small-town Pi...more
Published (first published February 27th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Jared, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jared

Cowgirl Up and Ride by Lorelei JamesLong Hard Ride by Lorelei JamesRough, Raw, and Ready by Lorelei JamesTied Up, Tied Down by Lorelei JamesAll Jacked Up by Lorelei James
SAVE A HORSE RIDE A COWBOY
250th out of 514 books — 565 voters
Cowgirl Up and Ride by Lorelei JamesLong Hard Ride by Lorelei JamesRough, Raw, and Ready by Lorelei JamesShoulda Been a Cowboy by Lorelei JamesTied Up, Tied Down by Lorelei James
Best Cowboy/Western Romance
93rd out of 238 books — 159 voters

More lists with this book...

Jae
I'm giving it a star for the yummy cover alone. And sadly not much to elaborate on the story itself. Too short for anything dirty and naughty to happen.

The sex scenes were H A W T though. But big brother Jimmy is still my favorite.
Robin *loves sexy books*
2.5 stars. Way way too short. It was just getting started and boom, over!
Angela
Cute quick read! Def rec for light reading!
Kimberly
Blue Ribbon Rating: 3 out of 5
Original Review Link

Jared Gordon likes his laid-back life in the small Southern town of Pigeon Hollow. Producer Mandy Morris is a threat to that. It seems the L.A. lady thinks that Pigeon Hollow is the perfect site for her new reality show, and she wants Jared to be a part of it. There’s no way Jared will put up with a camera zeroed in on his face – or any other portion of his anatomy. Yet, while Jared has no interest in learning about reality TV, he does want to ge...more
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under the Covers

I'm really not sure how this series turned into sexy military men out of uniform into hot sexy cowboys that I just have to drool over, but I've been drooling over Jared for a few books now and let me tell you, he is one hot cowboy!

He's the brother that stayed back to work the family ranch when his brothers went off to the military. He's been happy with that but he's also had a lot of responsibilities. Mandy is rolling into town looking for the perfect sm...more
Ni_kii
Jared is a little bit of a lover. As the head of the Equine ranch that his family owns, Jared has a lot of responsibilities, so who can blame him for having a little fun? Enter Mandy Morris. Mandy wants to use the ranch, and the surrounding town, as part of a reality TV show. Jared is instantly attracted and, although she can appreciate that Jared is amazingly hot, Mandy has never let business mix with pleasure so tempers her rushing libido. Jared won't let himself, or the farm be filmed, worrie...more
Tina
Jared's story is another too-short one. It takes us off-base & back to the Gordon Equine farm.
Mandy's looking for her big breakthrough to happen. A small-town reality show. She comes upon Pigeon Hollow after learning of a woman-owned champion horse breeding farm & discovers even more than she could hope for.
The characters in this series are, for the most part, enjoyable. I only wish the stories were longer.
Heather in FL
Another sweet installment of the Red, Hot & Blue guys. Though this guy wasn't in the military, he's still red-blooded, hot American male. :-) My main complaint about this one was its length. I just wanted more story at the end. I don't know if the story line about the reality show will continue in the next books, but I wanted to see them sneak around! Lol! Seems as though Jared sort of publicly claimed Mandy. Because of his ex, I guess he sort of had to or he'd have likely lost her. Anyway,...more
Okay, that was random! This book is so…. random for me. I honestly can’t even come up with a better explanation for my thoughts on this book. Other than he’s related to two of the pervious book main characters this book has zero purpose with the other Unit members. I think I could have liked this book more if it wasn’t just so hard for me to understand the purpose of why this book was done before others in the Unit?!?! What’s next, a book on Mac the town’s diner cook?

Aside from the fact that bo...more
Trea
Yet another short and steamy romance from Cat Johnson. Once again, we get peeks into previous character's ongoing romances, which is enjoyable for this reader. I liked that she chose to do a "mini-trilogy" within the series by focusing on each of the Gordon Brothers in a book. This time, she chose to focus on a "Down Home America" aspect by focusing on the Gordon Brother that didn't enlist in the military. This book kicked off another "mini-trilogy", one where the heroes are all men from around...more
Brenda
Wendy ~M/M Junkie~
This is book 4 of the Red, Hot & Blue series by Cat Johnson and is the story of Jared and Mandy.
I really liked the first three in this series, but this one was just okay.
I know it is only a novella, but I just thought it was too abrupt. There could've been so much more and in the end I was left wanting. It was a good story, but it seemed more like just the start of one.
I will eventually continue this series as I am enjoying the characters.
Jane
Jared's story in this series has a little of everything, red hot heat, adventure and even some humor which I really enjoyed! Loved reading this one, again it's a quick, short read but well worth it. I really love how all of the characters from each book interact with each new story, Cat Johnson makes her stories really flow in to one another so well, and gives you a teasing glimpse of what's to come in future books which I love.
Beate
This one is both cute and sexy. Jared is the kind of cowboy no woman can resist. Even with Jared being Jack and Jimmy's younger brother, I don't quite see how he fits into the series.

That being said, Jared is very entertaining. He's funny, just a little bit crazy, and his antics made me laugh out loud several times. Mandy is strong, has a way with words, and is exactly what Jared needs. Crazy ex-girlfriends aside, this is a fun read.
Angel
Jared Gordon was just minding his own business, trying to get service from his ex's friend when she walked in and threw his world for a loop. Mandy is trying to find the perfect little town for her new show and she has fallen for Pigeon Hollow and she's also fallen for Jared for her show....or maybe a bit more....I really enjoyed this one. Fast paced interesting read I'm so loving this series....onto the next
Lily
Why are all her books so short? If they let the town be on a reality series than wouldn't that be bad for the military siblings? I read this book to get through the series but by the time I read that last chapter not realizing it was the last chapter I just went majorly HUH! where is the rest of this happily ever after? Or anything else for that matter.
Lai
Jared, living in the town he grew up in. There's not a lot of options for him if he's not willing to settle down. Enter, Hollywood. Mandy Morris, a producer wanting to do a reality show in the town of Pigeon Forge. She just needs Jared to sign on. Again, I liked Jared. I found him funny and HOT. Couldn't drum anything up for Mandy. Sorry.
Serena
I am giving this a 3.5 stars because this story was way to short. It really could have gone some where great but it ended before it really got half way through. May have to read the original to see way they changed maybe the original goes a bit further.
Kim

Ah, what? I absolutely loved Jared, but what happened? I truly felt like it ended in the middle of the story. This was super short and I was so disappointed.

I love the guys in the Red, Hot & Blue series, but this was crazy short.
Amy
Like a lot of the other reviews I read, I felt like it was over when it was just getting started. It seemed like an unnatural end to the book. I'm sure with the other half of the book it would be five stars!
Joy
This was OK for a quick read. Not much story so don't expect much. I loved the naughty scenes and both of them had chemistry
Candace
Again, my only complaint about this series is that each book is too short. I'd like to see more.

Jared and Mandy's is a great story with smokin' hot chemistry. Loved it.
Tina Theresa
I enjoyed it but it was too short. Considering how that is the case of all the books in this series, I knew that before I read it.
Kim
I just loved the Gordon men - all Southern charm and reeking of male essence. When these men fell it was hard and fast.
Sadonna
Shortest of the Red, White & Blue - would have like to have seen more of the characters in this on.
Michele
Cute story. Changes the pace of the series. Not as much suspense or action as the other books in the series.
Jenn Scranton
Really short book. As usual, it is really well written, but novellas just don't really do it for me...
Tracie Curtis
Tracie Curtis marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Carmen Staffen
Carmen Staffen marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
  • Heat It Up (Out of Uniform, #4)
  • He's the One (includes Oklahoma Nights #1.5)
  • Rocky Mountain Haven (Six Pack Ranch, #2)
  • Wicked in Whispering Cove (Whispering Cove, #3)
  • Waiting for Wednesday (Wild Irish, #3)
  • Dagger's Edge (SEALs On Fire #2)
  • Texas Two Step (Texas Montgomery Mavericks #1)
  • Tropical Sin (Bandicoot Cove, #3; Heart of Fame, #0.5)
  • Fallen SEAL Legacy (SEAL Brotherhood, #2)
  • Hold 'Em (Vegas Top Guns, #3)
  • Cowboy Lust: Erotic Romance for Women
  • Leave No Trace (Black Ops, #5.5)
  • Ty's Temptation (Bad in Boots, #2)
  • Jagger's Moves (SEALs On Fire #4)
  • Deacon's Touch (Dume Ranch Series, #1)
It all started in first grade when Cat Johnson won the essay contest at Hawthorne Elementary School and got to ride in the Chief of Police's car in the Memorial Day Parade...and the rest, as they say, is history. As an adult, Cat generally tries to stay out of police cars and is thrilled to be writing for a living. She has been published under a different name in the Young Adult genre, but release...more
More about Cat Johnson...
UnRidden (Studs in Spurs, #1) Bucked (Studs in Spurs, #2) Trey (Red, Hot & Blue, #1) One Night with a Cowboy (Oklahoma Nights, #1) Ride (Studs in Spurs, #3)