Start by marking “Change One Diet and Fitness: Updated and Expanded” as Want to Read:
Change One Diet and Fitness: Updated and Expanded

Change One Diet and Fitness: Updated and Expanded

The most sensible weight-loss plan--with, its balanced, no-fad, everyday approach--is what scientists today confirm as the best weight-loss system there is, This world-wide bestseller adds several new features, such as an expanded fitness section and "superfoods"--surprising foods that are proven to help you lose weight.
Published December 29th 2005 by Reader's Digest (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Change One Diet and Fitness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Change One Diet and Fitness

Maureen
interesting realistic concept, make one change at a time in regard to your food habits, i.e. eat breakfast - then sets out in photos lots of cereals, toppings, etc, then comes lunches, then snacks (love his ideas for 100 calorie snacks - suggests buy high quality treats and enjoy them), then dinners; (good suggestions for 100 calorie desserts-tried with great success angel food cake, could add lots of fruit, yogurt etc), includes menu suggestions for eating out, dining over the holidays,
also c
Misty
Jan 02, 2009 Misty rated it it was amazing
This plan is great if you are looking for a change of lifestyle, not just quick weight loss. You will lose weight, but slowly. It has great meal ideas (esp for single people) and an easy gradual exercise plan. No quick fixes here, but if you stick with it you will definitely be healthier in the long run.

There is also a Change One book geared towards diabetics. I haven't read that one, but I would think it would be worth a try as well.
Kristine
Nov 02, 2008 Kristine rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library, health, wish-list
“Another book I’d like to own, I kept it out of the library for a while so I could refer back to it’s good details on portion size and helpful menu plans.”
Amy Sjoquist
Very informative, great recipe ideas and substitutions.
Dani
Jul 15, 2012 Dani added it
Shelves: nonfiction
This is my second time reading this book. The first time was 10 years ago when it was first published. I picked it up again because I thought it would be a good way to jump-start my fitness program (yes, I've fallen off that wagon AGAIN). However, I remember now why I didn't follow the program the first time. The first few weeks involve revamping your menus one meal a week -- healthy breakfast the first week, add in healthy lunch the next week, etc. That's fine, but then the next few chapters ar ...more
Julie
Julie rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2009
Kay
Kay rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2014
CAROL ROSSI
CAROL ROSSI rated it liked it
Feb 10, 2017
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2011
April Wood
April Wood rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2013
Wendy Szabo
Wendy Szabo rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2012
Adriana Harper
Adriana Harper rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2013
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2015
Frankie
Frankie rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2015
Paphelan
Paphelan rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2014
Stuart Williams
Stuart Williams rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2014
Robin
Robin rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2011
Cathy
Cathy rated it it was ok
Oct 09, 2009
Sheila
Sheila rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2012
Michele
Michele rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2007
Shiloh
Shiloh rated it liked it
Sep 26, 2014
ISAAC PELLETIER
ISAAC PELLETIER rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2017
Christy Aronis
Christy Aronis rated it liked it
Jul 02, 2015
Ashley
Ashley rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2008
Mike Cheng
Mike Cheng rated it did not like it
Apr 09, 2012
Kristina
Kristina rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2012
Doris Marston
Doris Marston rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2017
Lori
Lori rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2015
Mandy Sue
Mandy Sue rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2008