Start by marking “Twenty-First-Century Etiquette” as Want to Read:
Twenty-First-Century Etiquette

Twenty-First-Century Etiquette

2.77  ·  Rating Details  ·  35 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
A fresh, funny, one-of-a-kind, and absolutely essential guide to maintaining civility in today's fast-paced, high-tech world.
Published December 1st 2001 by The Lyons Press (first published March 20th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Twenty-First-Century Etiquette, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twenty-First-Century Etiquette

Josh
Feb 11, 2015 Josh rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The anecdotes passed the time, like a jokes in Reader's Digest, and that's about the best you can say about it.
Nicole Smith
Maybe I've read too many books like this lately, but I was really bored reading this book. There were a couple good/ funny comments. Mostly though it seemed like common sense, or were things that just don't apply to me (like tipping they person who helps you pick a wine - I don't drink wine). Glad to have this one done, glad to be moving on to other books.
Larissa
Oct 03, 2008 Larissa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
Recommended to Larissa by: No one
Like it well enough. What can I say, it passes the time when you're REALLY booored. The best part so far is the story about the man drinking out of his finger-bowl.I have finally given up on this book, the highlight of this book is still the part about the dude drinking out of the finger-bowl. Pretty sad if you ask me.
Cinnapatty
I have delved into the etiquette books for some reason. I find them fascinating. This book was OK. It became quite apparent that Mrs. Ford is from a much higher society status than myself, thus rendering much of her advice useless to me. However, manners are manners and most apply to everyone no matter what.
Kt marshmallow Marsh
Jun 11, 2007 Kt marshmallow Marsh rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone looking for modern day etiquite
Shelves:
Well I learned how much to tip to a hotel cleaning person, which I kinda already knew (but forgot last time I was at a hotel i think *** ), how to offer to pay for my meal when on a date, a slew of other guidelines for tipping and conducting oneself in regards to modern technology.
Dec 29, 2010 Sarah rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't read every page word for word, but more or less thumbed through it and read what interested me. Overall a decent book, but the author is definitely a social class (or two...or five...) above mine so much of the information was not pertinent to me.
Jillian
Dec 11, 2012 Jillian rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Lame, stuffy and antiquated. I picked this up because it was next to a Kate Spade book on manners that I was checking out.
Lori
Aug 30, 2012 Lori rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Learned some things.. Need a more updated version and one for moms!!!! Good read , needed that extra boost!
Steph
Oct 15, 2007 Steph rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I didn't find anything terribly new here; most of these tips are online at the Real Simple website, too.
Na'Tima
Good for general tips...If you want more specific information maybe Emily Post would be good.
Melissa Brogan
Melissa Brogan marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
Carianne Carleo-Evangelist
Carianne Carleo-Evangelist is currently reading it
Apr 22, 2016
Chris
Chris rated it it was ok
Apr 25, 2016
Brandi Blair
Brandi Blair marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
Joyce
Joyce rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Guylaine Paradis
Guylaine Paradis rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2015
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2015
Krupa
Krupa marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Regan Warmus
Regan Warmus rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2015
Lisa C
Lisa C rated it liked it
Dec 07, 2014
Linda Berch
Linda Berch marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Kelsey Jo
Kelsey Jo rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2014
Nicole Gustafson
Nicole Gustafson rated it it was ok
Jul 20, 2014
Beverly
Beverly marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014