Start by marking “Twenty-First-Century Etiquette” as Want to Read:
Twenty-First-Century Etiquette

Twenty-First-Century Etiquette

2.72 of 5 stars 2.72  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  10 reviews
A fresh, funny, one-of-a-kind, and absolutely essential guide to maintaining civility in today's fast-paced, high-tech world.
Published December 1st 2001 by The Lyons Press (first published March 20th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Twenty-First-Century Etiquette, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twenty-First-Century Etiquette

The anecdotes passed the time, like a jokes in Reader's Digest, and that's about the best you can say about it.
Nicole Smith
Maybe I've read too many books like this lately, but I was really bored reading this book. There were a couple good/ funny comments. Mostly though it seemed like common sense, or were things that just don't apply to me (like tipping they person who helps you pick a wine - I don't drink wine). Glad to have this one done, glad to be moving on to other books.
Oct 03, 2008 Larissa rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
Recommended to Larissa by: No one
Like it well enough. What can I say, it passes the time when you're REALLY booored. The best part so far is the story about the man drinking out of his finger-bowl.I have finally given up on this book, the highlight of this book is still the part about the dude drinking out of the finger-bowl. Pretty sad if you ask me.
I have delved into the etiquette books for some reason. I find them fascinating. This book was OK. It became quite apparent that Mrs. Ford is from a much higher society status than myself, thus rendering much of her advice useless to me. However, manners are manners and most apply to everyone no matter what.
Kt marshmallow Marsh
Jun 11, 2007 Kt marshmallow Marsh rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone looking for modern day etiquite
Well I learned how much to tip to a hotel cleaning person, which I kinda already knew (but forgot last time I was at a hotel i think *** ), how to offer to pay for my meal when on a date, a slew of other guidelines for tipping and conducting oneself in regards to modern technology.
I didn't read every page word for word, but more or less thumbed through it and read what interested me. Overall a decent book, but the author is definitely a social class (or two...or five...) above mine so much of the information was not pertinent to me.
Lame, stuffy and antiquated. I picked this up because it was next to a Kate Spade book on manners that I was checking out.
Learned some things.. Need a more updated version and one for moms!!!! Good read , needed that extra boost!
I didn't find anything terribly new here; most of these tips are online at the Real Simple website, too.
Good for general tips...If you want more specific information maybe Emily Post would be good.
Melissa marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2015
Krupa marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Linda Berch
Linda Berch marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Beverly marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Izzy added it
Dec 02, 2014
Marsha Hale
Marsha Hale marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2013
Eliza marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2013