Start by marking “The Sapphire Princess Meets a Monster (The Jewel Kingdom, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Sapphire Princess Meets a Monster (The Jewel Kingdom, #2)

The Sapphire Princess Meets a Monster (Jewel Kingdom #2)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  234 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Sapphire princess Sabrina uses a special glitter dust from her magic bag to enable herself to fly through the Jewel Kingdom with her butterfly companion, Zazz. Original."
Published June 1st 1997 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about The Sapphire Princess Meets a Monster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sapphire Princess Meets a Monster

Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson LevinePrincess Academy by Shannon HaleThe Goose Girl by Shannon HaleThe Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson LevineDealing with Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede
Best Princess Tales
239th out of 316 books — 289 voters
Tagged by Joseph M. ChironIt Lives in The Basement by Sahara FoleyJaws by Peter BenchleyThe Hobbit by J.R.R. TolkienMeg by Steve Alten
Monsters & Beasts
79th out of 148 books — 80 voters

More lists with this book...

Lily
The Sapphire Princess, Sabrina, was always my most favorite princess in the Jewel Kingdom series, and this book shows her at her best! When Sabrina sees a big and ugly monster in the waters of her kingdom, all hell breaks loose - especially when it tries to 'attack' her during her picnic. All of Sabrina's people (and sisters) are convinced that the monster is evil because, well, it's a monster. But loving-hearted Sabrina isn't convinced.

The message in this book is very touching and true. Just be
Luvbooks
The sapphire princess saw a lake monster and she ran to get help from someone.
But she didn't know that the monster was actually a mirmade.
A bad lord had turned her into a monster.

Soon the sapphire saw that the monster was a mirmade. And it saved her life by eating a poisones pear. When the monster ate the pair it got really sick and it began diying.
The sapphire princess had to heal the monster-mirmade before it was to late.
Lila
I never read these when I was young. i just saw it on a friends bookshelf and thought it was cute so i asked if i could read it. it was really cute and i thought the message was good for little girls. A really cute and fun read! :)
Allison Marshall
I think this was my favorite of the series when I was seven and reading them for the first time. Now it's not as big of an adventure as I remember it being, but it still has the most heartwarming message. It's good to feel seven again.
Dawnetta
Dec 22, 2007 Dawnetta rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 6- 10
Shelves: childrenlit, 6-to-10
If your child can read at this level it would be a good book. A fun beginning fantasy series. The plot lines are simple and easily solved with not too much of the dark side of fantasy.
Michelle Lynne
This was my favourite of the series. Malcolm created a really fun world for girls to immerse themselves within.
Malinda
Another 'chapter' book to read with my 3 year old. She loved that it was about a princess!
Celia
A favorite series of mine growing up.
Moonstonesandbooks
Not as good as the first one.
Deanne
When I was little I had three friends that read these books too and we all pretended to be the princesses... I was this one.
SR
SR marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Mary Guiden
Mary Guiden marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Redraven
Redraven marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Natalie Olson
Natalie Olson marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Jannatul
Jannatul marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Jamie Smith
Jamie Smith marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Lily Harrah
Lily Harrah marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Louise
Louise added it
Mar 26, 2015
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
  • Night of the Shifter's Moon (Unicorns Of Balinor, #7)
  • Crown and Jewel (Bracken Trilogy, #2)
  • Secret Powers (Winx Club)
  • Lily's Pesky Plant (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #4)
  • Equinus the Spirit Horse (Beast Quest, #20)
  • The Seventh Princess
  • Beck and the Great Berry Battle (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #3)
  • Heart of Avalon (Avalon: Web of Magic #10):
  • The Wizard, the Witch, and Two Girls from Jersey
  • Fira and the Full Moon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #6)
  • Reunion (Water, #2)
Jahnna N. Malcolm is the pen name for husband-and-wife team Jahnna Beecham and Malcolm Hillgartner. Together they've written four musicals, two movies, three CD-ROM games, and nearly one hundred books, including the popular series The Jewel Kingdom. They met in the theater and were married on the stage using Marlowe's famous love letter from "The Passionate Shepherd to His Love" as their wedding v ...more
More about Jahnna N. Malcolm...

Jewel Kingdom (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Ruby Princess Runs Away (Jewel Kingdom #1)
  • The Emerald Princess Plays a Trick (The Jewel Kingdom, #3)
  • The Diamond Princess Saves the Day (The Jewel Kingdom, #4)
  • The Ruby Princess Sees a Ghost (The Jewel Kingdom, #5)
  • The Sapphire Princess Hunts for Treasure (The Jewel Kingdom, #6)
  • The Emerald Princess Finds a Fairy (The Jewel Kingdom, #7)
  • The Diamond Princess and the Magic Ball (The Jewel Kingdom, #8)
  • The Ruby Princess and the Baby Dragon (The Jewel Kingdom, #9)
  • The Sapphire Princess Helps a Mermaid (The Jewel Kingdom, #10)
  • The Emerald Princess Follows a Unicorn (The Jewel Kingdom, #11)
Perfect Strangers (Love Letters, #1) The Emerald Princess Plays a Trick (The Jewel Kingdom, #3) The Ruby Princess Runs Away (Jewel Kingdom #1) Mixed Messages (Love Letters, #2) The Jewel Princesses and the Missing Crown (The Jewel Kingdom Super Special, #1)