Start by marking “Whirlwind (Welcome to Tyler, #1)” as Want to Read:
Whirlwind (Welcome to Tyler, #1)

Whirlwind (Welcome to Tyler #1)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  349 ratings  ·  42 reviews
Whirlwind (Tyler, Book 1)
Mass Market Paperback, 298 pages
Published February 1st 1992 by Harlequin (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Whirlwind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whirlwind

The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls WilderThe Sugar Camp Quilt by Jennifer ChiaveriniThe Persian Pickle Club by Sandra DallasThe Runaway Quilt by Jennifer ChiaveriniThe Quilter's Apprentice by Jennifer Chiaverini
Quilt on the Cover
117th out of 141 books — 23 voters
Measure Twice by J.J. HensleyResolve by J.J. HensleyThe Founder's Curse by Danelle O'DonnellPower Play by M.E. SuttonA Flash of Murder by Jeff Boarts
Pittsburgh Writers
55th out of 86 books — 27 voters

More lists with this book...

The story pulled me in from the beginning. I was not able to put this book down. I loved the story. The story flowed well. The characters were intriguing and the was a bit of mystery with the romance.
awesome many new the way the story builds to climaxes...can't wait to find out what happens to each family...totally enjoyed the way she has people interacting...almost felt like I was "living" in the area...
So, this was (I think) the first romance novel I ever read. Flippin' hilarious. For a long time, the title evaded me, but now I have found it!
So this is a romance novel I read when I was eight. We were at the library booksale and my sister Erin saw these Tyler books and said Michaela, don't you have a friend named Tyler? and I said YEAH! because I sat next to him all year and I was in grade three so that makes it '98 since I remember it was summer. Anyhow, we got about ten of the novels in this Tyler series because you could fill up this cloth bag with books for $10 and we stuffed that bag full (my sisters got books too, of course). S ...more
Airplane reading. I've read this book before, but I like light reading for frantic flying. I really like the Tyler series, because I love books about small towns. This is the first book in the series, and I think it is one of the weakest. I'm glad that it wasn't the first one I read, or I probably wouldn't have read the whole series. There are a couple plot holes in this book, too, but it is okay, fluffy reading.
Laura Planton
A Nora Roberts type novel. A series of 12 books, written by various authors, about a town in Wisconsin called Tyler. In the first, Liza Baron returns to the family lodge after years of absence. She meets Cliff Forrester, the reclusive lodge caretaker. A love story unfolds and a dead body recovered. Who is buried on the property?
Wasted my time reading this even after skipping many pages while reading. Found nothing new or useful.
Lisa returns home to Tyler and finds romance; not enough plot - not good
About halfway through this book I was completely irritated with the "heroine" for having no common sense and being excessively pushy with a shy and probably psychologically damaged hero. I kind of got over it because of her acceptance of her issues and transformation into a normal person. In the best relationships, both fictional and real-life, the participants make each other better, and by the end of the story this is what was going on.
I am very intrigued by the murder mystery that appears to
silly romance if you like that sort of thing---very steamy.
Not bad
at first I really liked the book, I do love mysteries, but then... when she had the part of Liza talking to her granddad at the lake just stopped and which scenes that changed everything, it was like you watching a soap, she just threw in a scene with no reasoning to it or no ending. It made me change my whole opinion of the book, this was near the end and now I wish I had never read it.
This was a good book, easy & fast to read. I'm not a fan of romance, but got hooked on the mystery, so now will have to slog through more romance to find out who dun it. There are 12 of these. They apparently came out once a month, for a year. I'm curious how 12 authors carried one mystery through, or even why, but I guess I'll never know.
I was enjoying the book and do not know if anyone eles was having problems with it, but my books ends at chapter nine and gos right back to chapter one to chapter nin again. So I do not know how the books ends. The book also has a title for another book at the end but all I have is about 50 empty pages. Was really enjoyinh this book and now im upset.
Lindsey  {Lindsey's Bookshelf}
I really liked this book, something i would not normally read but it was really good I liked Cliff and thought his character was really interesting, I thought Lisa was a little annoying at times and couldn't work out her character it did keep changing through out the book but there more more i learned about her the more I liked her.
Aug 25, 2007 Karen rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of cheesy romance
Ok, I'm embarrassed to admit that I actually read something by Harlequin. My first and only time! I bought this series of books because I was caught up in the title...I have a son named Tyler. They were cheesy but really quick reads and at the time I had two young kids and finding time to read was precious.
Nice easy read but not my cup of tea.
Kimberly Bohr
I thought it was a good book. I am looking forward to starting the next book in the series.
I like this series and I am trying to read them in order. I found all of the character so facinating and mysterious. Can't wait to learn more. Great anticipation with the romantic aspects too. I found it hard to put down.
Sep 26, 2007 Madeleine is currently reading it

I've been looking for the H, I, J, K & L books. Anybody knows where can I find it?

I'm still reading the G. Good story. Each book has its own story but still there is a mystery that connects the series.
Jul 09, 2008 Joanne marked it as to-read
Missing these books from series...
Whirlwind (A) Nancy Martin
Arrowpoint (G) Suzanne Ellison
Milky Way (I) Muriel Jensen
Crossroads (J) Marisa Carroll
Courthouse Steps (K) Ginger Chambers
Cindy Kester
A true harlequin romance, quick reading. This is the first of a series taking place in Wisconsin. I hope I can make it through the series.
Good, easy read. I come from a small town and I like the idea of the series relating to the entire community.
Michelle Hanson
This is book one of a series.. it is ok.. not the best one I read.. I liked the twist of mystery that is added..
Sherri Wengerd
This was a very good book. Like the hook to get you to want to read the next book. Can't wait to start it.
This book was ok. A mix of romance and mystery. Although the mystery portion seemed to be haphazard.
This book was so amazing. I'm looking forward to reading the next installment in the Tyler series.
I remember reading this book when i was younger, I loved it, and would like to get it again.
Liza was annoying and pushy. I can't believe Cliff didn't slap her upside the head.
This was a pretty good book and I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.
  • Bright Hopes (Welcome to Tyler, #2)
  • Wisconsin Wedding (Welcome to Tyler, #3)
  • Crossroads (Welcome to Tyler, #10)
  • Milky Way (Welcome to Tyler, #9)
  • Arrowpoint (Welcome to Tyler, #7)
  • Bachelor's Puzzle (Welcome to Tyler, #8)
  • Christmas Getaway
  • NASCAR Holiday 2: Miracle Season/Season of Dreams/Taking Control/The Natural
  • Italian Prince, Wedlocked Wife (Red-Hot Revenge) (Harlequin Presents, #2790)
  • Tempting Faith: An Inside Story of Political Seduction
  • Total Access: A Journey to the Center of the NFL Universe
  • Castle of the Wolf
  • Istri Pilihan (Bride Wanted)
  • Fairy Tale
  • The Ten Commandments: The Significance of God's Laws in Everyday Life
  • Quest Study Bible: NIV
  • Hug Your Customers: STILL The Proven Way to Personalize Sales and Achieve Astounding Results
  • Every Woman Needs a Wife
Winner of the 2009 Lifetime Achievement award for mystery writing from Romantic Times magazine, Nancy Martin announces the release of the 8th book in her popular Blackbird Sisters mystery series, NO WAY TO KILL A LADY. Set in Philadelphia, the story features three heiresses whose parents have run off with their trust funds. Now thay have a chance to regain their wealth when their aunt, "Madcap Mad ...more
More about Nancy Martin...

Welcome to Tyler (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Bright Hopes (Welcome to Tyler, #2)
  • Wisconsin Wedding (Welcome to Tyler, #3)
  • Monkey Wrench (Welcome to Tyler, #4)
  • Blazing Star (Welcome to Tyler, #5)
  • Sunshine (Welcome to Tyler, #6)
  • Arrowpoint (Welcome to Tyler, #7)
  • Bachelor's Puzzle (Welcome to Tyler, #8)
  • Milky Way (Welcome to Tyler, #9)
  • Crossroads (Welcome to Tyler, #10)
  • Courthouse Steps (Welcome to Tyler, #11)
How to Murder a Millionaire (Blackbird Sisters Mystery, #1) Dead Girls Don't Wear Diamonds (Blackbird Sisters Mystery, #2) Some Like it Lethal (Blackbird Sisters Mystery, #3) Cross Your Heart and Hope to Die (Blackbird Sisters Mystery, #4) Murder Melts in Your Mouth (Blackbird Sisters Mystery, #7)